Who do you like WEEK 1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Who do you like WEEK 1?

NO @ GB -4.5  ... 46.6

Pitt @ Balty -2.5 ... 37

Det @ TB - 3 ... 40.5

Atl @ Chi +1 ... 41

Buff @ KC -6.5 ... 42.5

Indy @ Houston -2 ... 47

Phila @ St. Louis +3.5 ... 44.5

Cincy @ Cleve -3 ... 37.5

Tenn @ Jack -2.5 ... 40.5

Giants @ Wash +3 ... 39

Carolina @ Ari -3.5 ... 37.5

Sea @ 49'ers -5.5 ... 40.5

Minne @ SD -9.5 ... 41.5

Dallas @ Jets -4 ... 41

Pats @ Mia + 4 ... 45.5

Oak @ Den -0 ... 41.5

At first glance i really like Pats -4 , Minne + 9.5 , Giants -3. Love the Pats here , the opened at -3 which was to good to be true. Mia is a bad team right now and even if they get a QB i still expect them to have a tough time against us here. Reports have Minne talking with Mcnabb. He if does go there it will be the first time in his career that he'll have an actually running game behind him. If by chance they keep Rice this could be a team that surprises a lot of people. SD always starts slow , really like Minne here. As far Giants/Wash , i dont think much needs to be said at this point besides Giants are playing maybe the worst team in the league right now. All serious thoughts , opinions etc. are much appreciated. Heres to a PATS SB and one hell of an NFL season!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Who do you like WEEK 1?

It's a bit early for this as most teams will change drastically in the next few days. I just saw a tweet saying the Philadelphia Eagles are letting all seven of their unrestricted free agents walk! But anyway...

Miami is always a tough win down there, especially early in the season because of the heat. The Patriots are 5-5 in Miami the last ten years, having won three of the last four. Luckily for us it's an evening game, 7:00 pm on Monday night. I always pick the Patriots!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you like WEEK 1?:
    [QUOTE]It's a bit early for this as most teams will change drastically in the next few days. I just saw a tweet saying the Philadelphia Eagles are letting all seven of their unrestricted free agents walk! But anyway... Miami is always a tough win down there, especially early in the season because of the heat. The Patriots are 5-5 in Miami the last ten years, having won three of the last four. Luckily for us it's an evening game, 7:00 pm on Monday night. I always pick the Patriots!
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

no doubt its very early and things look to get crazy in the next few days. LOL Truth be told im just so excited the season is finalllly here and these #'s just came out yesterday. Plus i know there are knowledgable fans on here. Combine that with fact that we know Minne will make a serious run at a decent QB and SD thinks the season starts around Thanksgiving ... 9.5 seems a bit high. 5-5 will make you think but i really think Mia is bad this year. Maybe 3-13-4-12 bad. Anyway thanx for your feedback , heres to a great season with PATS in SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For week 1 I like me setting on my couch soaking in all the football looking like a child on Christmas morning!  I Can't wait!

Too much player moving right now to make any picks.  Ask again just before week 1 starts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

First of all, my numeric picks are based entirely on 2010 and playoff results.  My numbers don't look at who left the team during the offseason, who was just signed, how big their draft was, whether the team has a new coach who still carries his blankie around, and who came off of injured reserve.  So, do your own homework.  If I favor a particular week 1 team and that team got stronger in the offseason, that's a pretty good sign.  And remember, gambling is for people who don't understand mathematics.

My game of the week is GB all over New Orleans.  I have them at 11.5 points up.

Other picks: 

Minnesota covering versus S.D.  They're 4.2 point underdogs.

Jets murdering Dallas.  9.3 point overdogs

Chicago over Atlanta.  3.5 point overdogs.

Leaners:

New England to cover vs. Miami

KC to cover vs. Buffalo

SF to cover vs. Seattle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Not sure what exactly you meant by "do my own homework"? I do and with all due respect i dont need anyone telling me that. If you dont want to take into account who was signed , who was drafted etc. , hey w/e works for you. But i do and absolutely killed it playing the Lions every single game last ats. I did it for a few reasons , but one was bc the just drafted Reggie White and Big Sey all rolled into one , Suh. Are you going to tell me he was the biggest reason they gave up 150 less points than the year before? I started this thread for some good back n forth and welcome it. But please dont be condescending. If i took it the wrong way , my fault.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK startrightnow ...

If you had , you would know that PAUL_K always types DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK in his comments whenever he replies to posts on the last TUES of each month.

In regards to the Vegas Line ...

Its usually a good idea to bet with the proven Qb when it comes to early season games and conversely bet against the unproven/ unknown commodities .

In this regard , it appears the MIA / PATS line is a laugher - BRADY vs Who ? +4 

Giants at Washington is another mismatch on paper - ELI MANNING vs BECK +3 .

Bengals at Cleveland ( -3 ) looks interesting as well - Rookie Andy Dalton vs. Colt McCoy (The Browns Qb at least looked like he belonged last year )

Long way to go before K/O everybody....

DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK*

DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK - Official catchphrase of BostonGlobe.Com  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (C)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Sea @ 49'ers -5.5 ....
     T-Jack vs A Smith ...battle of the sub par Qbs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE] DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK startrightnow ... If you had , you would know that PAUL_K always types DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK in his comments whenever he replies to posts on the last TUES of each month.  In regards to the Vegas Line ...  Its usually a good idea to bet with the proven Qb when it comes to early season games and conversely bet against the unproven/ unknown commodities .    In this regard , it appears the MIA / PATS line is a laugher - BRADY vs Who ? +4  Giants at Washington is another mismatch on paper - ELI MANNING vs BECK +3 .     Bengals at Cleveland ( -3 ) looks interesting as well - Rookie Andy Dalton vs. Colt McCoy (The Browns Qb at least looked like he belonged last year ) Long way to go before K/O everybody.... DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK * . . . . DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK - Official catchphrase of BostonGlobe.Com  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (C)

Thanx for clearing that up lol. Im not some wall flower or anything , plus its really hard to tell where people are coming from , reading type on the computer. Paul seems to know his stuff along with others on here. I welcome all debate , give n take etc , i just ask to keep it respectful. Couldnt agree more on the Pats line. This will go up no matter who the fins put behind center. The minne line came down a whole point and expect it to go down further with Mcnabb heading to Minne now. Glad to see you like the Giants line as well , this might be the steal of week 1. Also i kinda like Colt and was rooting for him last year. I actually think he has what takes to be a decent QB in this league. Thanx for the feedback.
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

How do you like the Vikings when they dont have a QB yet? How do you like th giants when they dont have an OL yet?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Vikes just traded for Mcnabb. That team looked like a very different team after Chile got the boot. And again every single year , no matter how old it gets , they start very slow. 8.5 pts is a lot to me ,for a team that could be without its top 2 WR's fromlast year. As far as the Giants game goes , i dont understand how you wouldnt like NY? Wash is easy a bottom 3-5 team in the league. Coughlin just got an ext. will want to get back on top after a disappointing last few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]How do you like the Vikings when they dont have a QB yet? How do you like th giants when they dont have an OL yet?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

From a head coaching standpoint I don't like the Vikings.  The new coach might install his own personal offense or otherwise mess up the first game (or the first year).

No the Vikings don't have an established QB this year.  Then again, they didn't have much of a QB late last year, so the QB is a wash. 

I need to be true to my numbers so I posted them, but Minnesota doesn't look so good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Mcnabb is heading to Minne , all reports indicate that. I cant really pass any judgement on L.F. except from what i saw last year. That team played very hard for him last year and i expect that to continue. Minne has plenty of talent , they might be old but imo they can still turn out to be a decent team this year. SD is most likely going to lose their top two WR's and Matthews was a disappointed last year. They had a hard time getting to the QB as well. If Rice stays with Minne , they will be a tough out and imo in every game they play in. And again one of the reasons i posted this game was that this line will go down and has already dropped a point. Same reason i like the PATS in MIA , MIA will make some moves , but opening at 3 was to good to be true. That line has gone up a point and most likely will look something 6.5-7 by game time.

Sections
Shortcuts