Who do you think are Bill Belichick's top 5 favorite players he has coached?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danpatsoxnj. Show danpatsoxnj's posts

Who do you think are Bill Belichick's top 5 favorite players he has coached?

So I'm sitting here admiring what was just an unbelievable game against Denver and it made me wonder. If coach Bill were to actually name his top 5 players he as ever coached , who do you think they would be??

The Five I think he'd choose (In Order):

Tom Brady
    LT(the original)
    Troy Brown
    Teddy Bruschi
    Kevin Faulk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Who do you think are Bill Belichick's top 5 favorite players he has coached?

I think Pepper Johnson and Harry Carson would be high on that list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Who do you think are Bill Belichick's top 5 favorite players he has coached?

I gotta say his top five would be (in no order here):

Mike Vrabel
    Troy Brown
    Pepper Johnson or Harry Carson...one of those other NYG LB.
    Tom Brady
    Ken Walter...j/k...it'd be Bruschi probably.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Tom Brady

Lawrence Taylor

Adam Vinitieri (most clutch kicker of all time and in Belichick's "A Football Life" documentary he said himself that Vinitieri was the best player on that 2001 team)

Ty Law (3rd best corner of his era behind Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson - Revis came later, under his tutelage)

tie: Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork - both were/are extremely versatile and both can collapse the pocket even after playing a rock-solid two-gap technique to also assert run-defense integrity; both were/are considered the best defensive lineman in the game at points in their primes; both are mentioned as being the "other" Hall of Famer along with Brady from the dynasty years (although my vote goes to Ty Law for that honor)

honorable mention goes to Rodney Harrison, who's bad reputation will keep him out of the Hall of Fame despite his unique claim to being the only safety with 30 interceptions and 30 sacks

history outside New England will look much more kindly on my picks.  Ty Law will be considered for the hall, as will Vinitieri, Wilfork, and possibly Seymour.  Unfortunately, I think Patriots fans appreciate Bruschi and Vrabel more than people outside of here, even if both were timely playmakers.  I had this discussion a while back when debating that Bruschi unfortunately will not make the Hall of Fame over Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady, LT, Bruschi, Rodney Harrison and Seau. 

Players he'd love to coach....Ed Reed. =D 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Mo Lewis
    Drew Bledsoe
    Tom Brady
    LT
    Tedy Bruschi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Tom, Troy and Tedy all have to be on the list

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Kevin Faulk

Tedy Bruschi

Troy Brown

Tom Brady

Rob Gronkowksi

I have heard LT refused to practice, did a ton of coke, and was a prima donna, from somebody with an inside source at the Giants.  That stuff may have knocked LT off of BB's top-five list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think are Bill Belichick's top 5 favorite players he has coached?:
    [QUOTE]Kevin Faulk Tedy Bruschi Troy Brown Tom Brady Rob Gronkowksi I have heard LT refused to practice, did a ton of coke, and was a prima donna, from somebody with an inside source at the Giants.  That stuff may have knocked LT off of BB's top-five list.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I heard from an inside source LT did a ton of coke and partied all the time too...it was from a book called LT. There was 275 pages of it.

This is top secret stuff...I think myself and only like 4 other people were dumb enough to purchase and read the damn thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I heard it in 1997.  I never read his book.  I don't read sports bios.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

i messed up

I thought it was BEST, not favorite

oops

Yea I agree on Brady, Bruschi, Vrabel, Gronkowski, and Harrison