Who Do You Want to Win this Weekend in the AFC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Who Do You Want to Win this Weekend in the AFC?

From my perspective, I am not really concerned about any three of the Patriots potential opponents in the Divisional Round. 

My primary concern in the AFC, is heading to Denver in the AFC championship game where the PATS have historically played poorly (Denver).

Therefore, I am cheering for a scenario that gives Denver the toughest game next week. 

I think Denver / Ravens matchup is ideal for the PATS because, the Ravens will be their most tough/ physical matchup on both sides of the ball.  The Broncos may still win, however, the Ravens will be tough physically and therefore hopefully bruise and wear down the Broncos.

SO..... In order for the Denver to play the Ravens next weekend, we need both Houston and Baltimore to win this weekend.  This is my rationale.

PS: I think Indy would be the easiest match-up for the PATS next week, but I am thinking longer term. 

MY TWO CENTS.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Who Do You Want to Win this Weekend in the AFC?

There are a lot of folks who are going with the "the team I want the Pats to face to win" mantra in picking teams this weekend.  But, there is a big fallacy in that thinking because no one can predict how that team will play once they face the Pats, let alone how the Pats will play.  There are fingers crossed to have the supposed "weakest" team in the playoffs make the trip to Foxboro, but, that team needs to defeat a stronger team to do that, so, what does that make the "weakest" look like, weak?  Of the three possibilities, Texans, Ravens or Indy, there is a pay back factor to play the Ravens for the Pats while, conversely, the Texans and Colts want their second shot at the Pats.  At this stage of the game, it won't matter who the Pats play if they are not on their A game since the opponent will be coming into the Razor fresh off a rousing playoff win.  Thinking outside the box, if the Pats were not in the picture, I would relish having the Colts win just to stick it to Manning and show him the Colts CAN win without him AND with a ROOKIE QB!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

There are a lot of folks who are going with the "the team I want the Pats to face to win" mantra in picking teams this weekend.  But, there is a big fallacy in that thinking because no one can predict how that team will play once they face the Pats, let alone how the Pats will play.  There are fingers crossed to have the supposed "weakest" team in the playoffs make the trip to Foxboro, but, that team needs to defeat a stronger team to do that, so, what does that make the "weakest" look like, weak?  Of the three possibilities, Texans, Ravens or Indy, there is a pay back factor to play the Ravens for the Pats while, conversely, the Texans and Colts want their second shot at the Pats.  At this stage of the game, it won't matter who the Pats play if they are not on their A game since the opponent will be coming into the Razor fresh off a rousing playoff win.  Thinking outside the box, if the Pats were not in the picture, I would relish having the Colts win just to stick it to Manning and show him the Colts CAN win without him AND with a ROOKIE QB!!!

I agree, too often people cheer for an opponent and they end up regretting it.  I just want DENVER to have a tough game next weekend and I dont think that INDY will give them a tough game.  The RAVENS or BENGALS will give the Broncos their toughest match-up.

I do agree with you that it would be GREAT to see LUCK and the Colts eliminate the Broncos< i just dont see it happening......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want the Texans to win.  As I type this both teams look horrible at the start of the game.  I'm not sure either of these teams deserve to be here with the way they are playing.  Certainly the Begals will not give the Broncos any problems so Go Texans!!  I think both Ravens and Colts can give Broncos problems.

Sections
Shortcuts