Who gets cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Who gets cut?

Hey guys, with almost all the rookies locked up I have been wondering who makes the team and who gets cut. I dont just mean the rookies I mean everyone, who will be the shocking guy to get cut? Jarvis Green maybe? Nick Kazcur? we drafted a lot of young talent on teh O line that I do not want to see get cut so I am hoping a guy like Dan Connaly gets the axe or maybe Billy Yates. But here is my list of guys I THINK could be cut.

Tank Williams
    Billy Yates
    Matt Guiteraz (or how ever you spell his last name)
    Jarvis Green (BIG MAYBE)
    Banta Cain
    Richards (rookie)
    Pryer (rookie)
    Mike Richardson
    Benjarvis Green Ellis
    Jermain Porter (the wrestler out of Kent State)
    David Thomas

I am sure I am missing some of the lesser known guys so if you have anyone please add their name. But what do you think? Do you think a guy like Jarvis Green will mak the team or will his cap hit be too rich for our blood? lets talk some football!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patschamps3638. Show patschamps3638's posts

Re: Who gets cut?

In Response to Who gets cut?:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, with almost all the rookies locked up I have been wondering who makes the team and who gets cut. I dont just mean the rookies I mean everyone, who will be the shocking guy to get cut? Jarvis Green maybe? Nick Kazcur? we drafted a lot of young talent on teh O line that I do not want to see get cut so I am hoping a guy like Dan Connaly gets the axe or maybe Billy Yates. But here is my list of guys I THINK could be cut. Tank Williams Billy Yates Matt Guiteraz (or how ever you spell his last name) Jarvis Green (BIG MAYBE) Banta Cain Richards (rookie) Pryer (rookie) Mike Richardson Benjarvis Green Ellis Jermain Porter (the wrestler out of Kent State) David Thomas I am sure I am missing some of the lesser known guys so if you have anyone please add their name. But what do you think? Do you think a guy like Jarvis Green will mak the team or will his cap hit be too rich for our blood? lets talk some football!
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

David Thomas is most likely gone. He hasn't done anything since he has been here. I would also put Ben Watson on that list. He has dropped alot of balls and made some costly fumbles. The Pats already picked up a few TEs, and they can probally be just as good for less cash. Any one of the interior o-line can be cut. I dont think BB will be too quick to cut any tackles just yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

A little early for that isn't it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The only thing they're cutting right now are checks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

.....and maybe a little cheeseYell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Thank you, thank you very much. I flew in from St Louis and boy are my arms tired....thank you thank very much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LOL damn you Pmike! You make me feel bad for starting a thread that turned into 60 minutes and then when I try and start a strictly football thread you shoot it down! damn you! LoL fine lets talk about zombies doe sthat work for you? lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I never used to worry about the zombies . . .

But now I do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Good you should be worried lol I strongly suggest that you and anyone else looking for a great book this summer read World War Z by Max Brooks its the story of World War Zombie told from the very people who survived this war. Its a great book. I am not even joking its a really good read. I couldnt put it down.

Do you have a "sh*t hit the fan" plan for when teh zombies start to show up? cause I do lol at the first sign of someone getting bit and then becoming the walking dead I am out of this f*cking place! lol Alaska here I come!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Say hello to Sarah for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tom Brady
    Adelius Thomas

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Tom Brady and Adelius Thomas are zombies? That would explain why they both run so slow, Under I think you're on to something here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

Watson could potentially be cut seeing what else they have at the position (Baker, Smith, Thomas and the rookies) and taking into consideration the mistakes, both mental and physical, he makes on the field. 

I really wonder how Shawn Springs sticks on this roster too.

Call me nuts but I think L. Maroney had better have a strong and healthy camp as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Hey guys, with almost all the rookies locked up I have been wondering who makes the team and who gets cut. I dont just mean the rookies I mean everyone, who will be the shocking guy to get cut? Jarvis Green maybe? Nick Kazcur? we drafted a lot of young talent on teh O line that I do not want to see get cut so I am hoping a guy like Dan Connaly gets the axe or maybe Billy Yates. But here is my list of guys I THINK could be cut. Tank Williams Billy Yates Matt Guiteraz (or how ever you spell his last name) Jarvis Green (BIG MAYBE) Banta Cain Richards (rookie) Pryer (rookie) Mike Richardson Benjarvis Green Ellis Jermain Porter (the wrestler out of Kent State) David Thomas I am sure I am missing some of the lesser known guys so if you have anyone please add their name. But what do you think? Do you think a guy like Jarvis Green will mak the team or will his cap hit be too rich for our blood? lets talk some football!
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]Well I think you got one right Jermail Porter will be cut.I won't make many predictions this early as to whom they will cut because you don't know what injuries will come up.the only reason i agreed on the Porter thing is I think they really want to put him to work on the practice squad for a year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ok you are nuts lol Maroney wont be cut, he can be had for way too cheap, his contract is very cheap this year so they wont cut him.

Watson unlike Thomas has something the other TEs dont have which is speed. He is by far the fastest TE on teh roster and the most athletic too so I think Dave Thomas gets cut before Watson gets cut.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I don't think you're going to see any shocking cuts because they'll try to renegotiate contracts where possible.  Still, not everyone is going to make the team and the cap is more of an issue this year than in most.  With that in mind:

Jarvis Green: I don't see it happening just because he is practically a 4th starter on a three man line.  Last year he was hurt and I think he'll be "back" but $2m in cap savings goes a long way.

Russ Hochstein: Wouldn't be much in cap savings but if all the rookies play to his level he is gone.  He has been a good backup but he is clearly a cut below the starting rotation (he's THE target when in the game).

Ben Watson or Alex Smith: Would save $500k and $1m respectively on the cap.  They're not keeping four guys and certainly not both of these players.  Watson is more of a passing TE and Smith is the better of the two in that area.  Watson may have the edge in camp but if it's close Smith is going to get the nod.

Kazcur: I don't know where is value is placed internally but he's scheduled to earn $2.4m this year and would save a huge $1.8m.  This is going to come down to Britt and Volmer - if either of those guys step in this is the end for Kazcur.

I don't think he'll be cut but after seeing that the Pats could potentially save almost $800k by cutting Leigh Bodden I'll say this: he needs to prove he is worth keeping in camp.

I also want to point out, according to Patscap.com, not only would cutting Maroney not save money - it would cost the team money.  He stays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Tank Williams Billy Yates Matt Guiteraz (or how ever you spell his last name) Jarvis Green (BIG MAYBE) Banta Cain Richards (rookie) Pryer (rookie) Mike Richardson Benjarvis Green Ellis Jermain Porter (the wrestler out of Kent State) David Thomas
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

You never want to say "never" when it comes to BillB and personel moves but in this case i have to speak up...

Jarvis Green no way, is a proven utility guy off the bench and a situational sack master.

Dave Thomas not likely, we have no fullbacks that will stick on the roster so tight ends fill that blocking need.  Thomas, other than one real big boneheaded play has been soild both as a blocker and receiving, after a rough sophomore season he should bounce back strong. BillB likes tightends, if one gets cut it will be because of how contract negotiations are going, not because of talent; all the vets have value and talent.

Matt Guts looked just as good as Cassal and O'Connell at times in preseason games and throwing, I like his makeup; size, height and guts.

Richardson probably will make it for depth reasons alone, although not particularly talented in any one area he has a lot of Randall Gay-like qualities; he is solid all around.

I believe one of the older guys won't make it through training camp, either Shawn Springs or Joey Galloway, just due to their age I'm making a calculated guess.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if Leigh Bodden got cut either, it seems every year we acquire a tall corner to cover the taller receivers only to find out they can't play all that well.

Nick Kaczur would be another likely candidate to go, he's had PR issues but the bigger issue is picking up the outside speed rush and just an overall lack of talent.  We need to upgrade to larger, longer and stronger tackles who can stuff rushers into the turf.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It's too early to tell.  Unexpected injuries.  On average teams lose 5-7 guys before training camp ends due to season ending injury.  It's a good problem to have (depth).  Let it play out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Who gets cut?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who gets cut? : You never want to say "never" when it comes to BillB and personel moves but in this case i have to speak up... Jarvis Green no way (no way green gets cut), is a proven utility guy off the bench and a situational sack master. Dave Thomas not likely, we have no fullbacks that will stick on the roster so tight ends fill that blocking need.  Thomas, other than one real big boneheaded play has been soild both as a blocker and receiving, after a rough sophomore season he should bounce back strong. (I think thomas will get cut if he isn't used in the H-back role) BillB likes tightends, if one gets cut it will be because of how contract negotiations are going, not because of talent; all the vets have value and talent. Matt Guts looked just as good as Cassel and O'Connell at times in preseason games and throwing, I like his makeup; size, height and guts. Richardson probably will make it for depth reasons alone, although not particularly talented in any one area he has a lot of Randall Gay-like qualities; he is solid all around. I believe one of the older guys won't make it through training camp, either Shawn Springs or Joey Galloway, (I think galloway will thrive across from moss and greg lewis will fill gaffney's shoes quite well) just due to their age I'm making a calculated guess.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if Leigh Bodden got cut either(there is no way bodden gets cut he played great for crennel in the same type of system we use. he is gonna have a great year.), it seems every year we acquire a tall corner to cover the taller receivers only to find out they can't play all that well. Nick Kaczur would be another likely candidate to go (this is possible if vollmer really steps up), he's had PR issues but the bigger issue is picking up the outside speed rush and just an overall lack of talent.  We need to upgrade to larger, longer and stronger tackles who can stuff rushers into the turf.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]
    maroney is here to stay cause he is cheap and should be back to playing like his first year with us, fred taylor will be the next corey dillion. I am just hoping that crable/woods can step up and get some pressure on the QB.  I still think our O-line needs help as well.  When discussing who gets cut we have to look at which players are still eligible for the practice squad who wouldn't be picked up by another team. players that will most likely to be cut: Brian Hoyer, shun white, eric kattani, tyree barnes, terrence nunn, robert ortiz, tyson devree, nathan hodel, ryan wendell, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger, Jermail Porter, Barry Stokes, Titus Adams, Le Kevin Smith, Steve Williams, Vinny Ciurciu, Angelo Craig, Jamar Love, Antwain Spann, Raymond Ventrone, Tom Malone, etc.  all of these players have potential but can be on the practice squad so they can further develop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this is a tough question.your talking like 40 something players getting cut,when the roster gets trimmed down to 53 players.not to mention the possibility of injuries,or players not cutting it,and other players getting signed from the free agency.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

Benjamin Watson is my first pick!!!!!! With chris baker, alex smith, tyron devree on
    board, david thomas has got to prove him self this year.... B.W. is definetly on the bubble, love the way he can run.....But he drop's so many catches that has cost our team..... out with the old, in with the new!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts