WHO GETS THE GAME BALL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

WHO GETS THE GAME BALL?

Although there are a few players I think are deserving of this I honestly for one think the game ball goes to Merriweather on the defense and Sammy Morris on offense. This guy seems to completely go under the radar yet moves the chains and runs with authority every touch he gets. Maroney show get a pen and pad and take some serious notes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: WHO GETS THE GAME BALL?

You know Blitz, I was thinking the same thing about Maroney. How can he watch Morris and Taylor and Faulk attacking the line of scrimmage over and over again and still think he is going to accomplish anything with that half-baked Missouri Two-step he simply refuses to lose. I like Maroney in space -- he can kill teams on delayed releases and dump-offs -- but the Pats simply must stop handing him the ball in the backfield. He's clueless.

(oh -- and I agree completely with your game ball picks)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Sammy Morris definitely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Butler.  Saved the game for us in the 4th with that breakup.  Made several good plays before that too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Leigh Bodden deserves a nod!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Part says Bodden, he has solidified a weak corner spot. Holistically speaking, he is better than Asante Samuel, based mainly on his superior ability to jam, and his form tackling.

That said, without only a little doubt in my mind, it is Meriweather.

Stem to stern, he dictated the tempo. Wright with two sacks? Bodden pick?

Meriweather's footsteps caused that peek-and-drop on the last play. And if you haven't noticed, the rest of the league has, and they basically move the ball away from his side of the field. So what does he do today? Comes over Sander's back to cover for him from the opposite side, to break up a sure TD.

Really, really impressive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Give one to Welker to say "WELCOME BACK KID".....

I agree with giving the running backs a ball each..But Maroney you can't have one buddy..Maroney you get game footage of the other backs!!!!

And you better watch it!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Prairie, you are absolutely right on. Maroney in space is definitely his forte. He could be the best on the team with room, although Welker seems to always make things happen after the catch. It's almost like he has eyes in the back of his head the way he catches and always seems to spin the right way away from defenders. If im correct Edelman only had 1 grab but he seems to be able to do the same thing thus far. I know this is unrelated to this thread but do you think on the last possession the play calling was fair? I mean there was 5 mins to go and obvi running down the clock is what they wanted but i think instead of handing the ball off twice they shoulda maybe sent faulk into the flat or something of that nature as im sure he would have at least caught the ball to keep the clock moving and probably would have had a better shot at getting the first down and ending the game right there. I just never like the 2 straight runs as it seems so predictable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMan4. Show BostonMan4's posts

Merriweather deserves it... broke up two possible TD passes and was all over the field. What more can you ask for?

Sections
Shortcuts