Who goes if Patriots lose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Who goes if Patriots lose?

Lets wait and see how the rest of the season turns out first. Don't you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Folks that was a team the literally backed into the playoffs.  The stars were aligned last week against Pittsburgh.  After the 1st qtr they looked like the would be shutout and effectively let them off the mat.  Then up two TD's Pittsburgh climbed back in.  Everything Pittsburgh did went wrong, most LeBeau's defensive calls disrespected the pass and they were burned.  Perhaps Clark was missed?  They also had two DL on the shelf as well.  Come to think of it Woodley too.  On offense, Ben, the RB and their center.  And they still almost did it and probably should have done it.

That said does anyone really think Denver has a shot on the road?  Now they have a good road record better than their home field.  But come on, the Pats have literally play their worst game ever. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

lets get fired up for sat night instead!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

So much for philosophical discussion with individuals who use the Boston.com sports post board. If they lose, and the odds are against it, but if they do lose what changes would the fan base demand? Certainly no-one here would be satisfied losing another home field playoff game the first time out. It is a legitimate question given the team's recent history. A "what if" scenario....you people ask it all the time..what if they had drafted so and so, etc.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

My life will end soon, so I am told, but I won't die because of a football game. I recently read that the Patriots are on the downswing because there is no counter to BB making player personnel decisions. The players on the field on the defensive line and secondary are not considered caliber players, although other teams quickly claim them on waivers. I don't know if the supposition is true or not but they have lost the last two playoff games and the defense has really sucked this year, for the most part. The article inferred that the Patriots would be improved if BB's responsibilities were curtailed because their track record judging player talent diminished. I am sure replacing O'Brien is good for the team but I am not sure about the defensive coaches. Just curious how the fan base would react to a loss to the Broncos. Or a win on Saturday and a loss to the Ravens or Texans. Should BB have lesser control over the selection of player personnel?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Who goes if Patriots lose?:
    [QUOTE]What should happen If the Patriots lose again in their first home playoff game of the season? Should the coaching and front office staff be held accountable? Should BB's responsibilities be lessened? What if...
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]

What the h311.  Go root for the Jests, failure-boy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Here is the article http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2011/11/2/2530122/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-2011-nfl-news

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

man respect your elders. I dont really think the fan base can dictate what the Pats do. They were all calling for Chad to get cut and he's still here. Bill b has like 40 years experience and fields a winner every year. If we get bumped out I'd hope we learn from our mistakes and strenghten our weaknesses thru the draft and FA next year. Next year we'll have an off season and some players back that might actually help like Ras I for example. I think their running the show fine and I wouldnt want to see and knee jerk changes cause fan emotions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

"It's not the first time (nor will it be the last) that an owner has granted a coach more power than he can handle.  Currently there are two other coaches in the league who have the same autonomy as Belichick: The Eagles' Andy Reid, and the Redskins' Mike Shanahan."

Neither of those guys won a ring with the team that he mentions.  BB won 3.  If you think for ONE SECOND that Kraft would -without his consent- make BB take some kind of "power cut"  YOU ARE NUTS.  BB can dicate terms nearly anywhere in the league right now.  Not even getting into the argument here, which is flat out silly.  Top of the division every year but two, 3 superbowls, you are talking about what happens if we lose in the first round of the playoffs?  I have enough respect for BB to know that no matter if we win OR lose, he will tear this team down, keep what works, and fix what does NOT work.  The defense needs a few guys.  That is really it.  I don't like what they do sometimes, but they see to get it together more often than not.  I know no matter what happens this Saturday, BB won't be satisfied.  He never is.  And as a GM, I don't think I can name anyone consistantly better.  These @s$hats who are writing this stuff are the same ones who said the Patriots window had close a few years ago.  WRONG.  Wrong now, too.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Who goes if Patriots lose?:
    [QUOTE]What should happen If the Patriots lose again in their first home playoff game of the season? Should the coaching and front office staff be held accountable? Should BB's responsibilities be lessened? What if...
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]

You!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

Same as if Patriots win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

From this boards perspective, I'd be more concerned with who comes back than who goes, Fat Rex, JBolted, UDXXX etc... They will be alive and kickin if the Pats lose...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Hopefully alot of the fans, some of the worst fans in sports.