Who has improved their chances of making the 53 man roster the most through mini camps?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Who has improved their chances of making the 53 man roster the most through mini camps?

Based on what I've read, I would say Sudfeld or Bequette. Sounds like both guys have look good so far. There is a long way to go though...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Who has improved their chances of making the 53 man roster the most through mini camps?

dowling as well

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Who has improved their chances of making the 53 man roster the most through mini camps?

Based on everything I have read I beleive you both are right! I am excited to see if Ras-I can stay healthy and finally play to his potential. I am also looking forward to seeing Sudfeld and Bequette both play, as wll as Vereen with reports he has gotten bigger.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Tough to say since it's so early but based on the reports I've read here and elsewhere I would agree that Dowling and Sudfield have.  I must confess I've not seen a whole lot on Bequette but that's probably more me not reading the right stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There have been several guys who have acquitted themselves quite well during the OTA's and the mini-camp. Dowling has been healthy and been a daily story of maybe good things to come, Sudfeld has been mentioned as a guy who might crack the TE logjam because he has decent speed and is a definate Red zone threat, but I think the biggest surprise has to be Mike Jenkins. Seriously who really thought he had a chance to stick with this team when he was signed ? From what I read here at BDC just about everyone had him listed as camp fodder! So he's my pick as the guy who has done the most to secure a spot on the team. Tim Tebow aside!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Must be Mallet, since they replaced his competition with a guy who can't throw . . .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:

dowling as well

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

For sure.  Sounds like Dowling has been healthy and playing well.  Let's hope that he holds up this year because I think he can be a huge asset for us if he's on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Yeah it will be great to have Ras-I for week one. Then after his second tackle he will be out for the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

No one.  It's OTAs.  When camp starts in late July guys will start to rise and fall, but OTAs are more like touch football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

From everything I've heard Sudfeld has had one of the more impressive OTA's. Normally for OTA's I don't think vets can really help themselves and really on ly hurt themselves. July is where the vets start to separate and even though Bequette isn't a vet I think they know enouhg about him to know how he's progressing. Sudfeld, however, is a UDFA. I do think OTA's are were UDFA's can start to separate themselves and can help them a lot. If they can catch a coaches eye earlier it really helps them out long term

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Mallett, Sudfeld,  Ras-I, and Jenkins.  Maybe I should add Tebow because two weeks ago there was no one who thought he might be on this roster!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Reiss, Howe, and Price have had a lot of positive things to say about Ras-I and Jenkins....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

From everything I've heard Sudfeld has had one of the more impressive OTA's. Normally for OTA's I don't think vets can really help themselves and really on ly hurt themselves. July is where the vets start to separate and even though Bequette isn't a vet I think they know enouhg about him to know how he's progressing. Sudfeld, however, is a UDFA. I do think OTA's are were UDFA's can start to separate themselves and can help them a lot. If they can catch a coaches eye earlier it really helps them out long term

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

True...plus it doesn't hurt sudfeld to not have Gronk and Hern able to practice. Sudfeld was taking 1st team reps, and was reportedly seen on the other field working with brady. I wonder how much of this is sudfelds ability vs Injuries to Gronk, Hern and Ballard? 

Regarding Jenkins...again, I wonder how much of it is Jenkins vs dobson, Boyce, Edelman, etc not either.  Being able to practice or picking it up slower than anticipated?

the one guy to me that seems to stand out is bequette. No reported injuries or folks missing at de, and he hasn't got lots of good press...similar with Ras albeit Dennard out to to injury, but Ras has shined regardless. 

I am hoping Dobson and Boyce pick things up come July. It will be a long 1st half of the season if we don't get any of these kids playing good enough to contribute.