Who has the best trade scenarios?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Who has the best trade scenarios?

Washington would trade up to (4) for player x

Cincinnati Bengals would trade down the (17) and get the Redskins 2nd round pick (41) and New England's 3rd round (74) for player x

New England would trade up to (10) for Julio Jones

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Re: Who has the best trade scenarios?

The Patriots get 13th and the 207th ( Round 7 )

Detriot gets the 17th and the 74th ( Round 3 )

The Patriots take
    13) Aldon Smith
    207) Greg Romeus
    60maxpowero.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Who has the best trade scenarios?:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots get 13th and the 207th ( Round 7 ) Detriot gets the 17th and the 74th ( Round 3 ) The Patriots take 13) Aldon Smith 207) Greg Romeus 60maxpowero.com
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

Do you really think Miami and NE are going to trade with each other?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Who has the best trade scenarios?:
    [QUOTE]  Washington would trade up to (4) for player x Cincinnati Bengals would trade down the (17) and get the Redskins 2nd round pick (41) and New England's 3rd round (74) for player x New England would trade up to (10) for Julio Jones
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

WR is not the Patriots priority

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Where does it say Miami? It says Denver

Do you have a better scenario? Let's hear it...

In the words of Bill Parcells...You have Potential....and that means you haven't done anything yet......

WR not a Priority????????? I guess you missed the Jets playoff loss....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Where does it say Miami? It says Denver Do you have a better scenario? Let's hear it... In the words of Bill Parcells...You have Potential....and that means you haven't done anything yet...... WR not a Priority????????? I guess you missed the Jets playoff loss....
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

Show me a mock draft that has the Patriots picking a WR in the 1st round......Show me a article where somebody thinks the Patriots should pick a WR in the 1st round over a OLB, DE, OG, or DT?  Better yet....other than you....show me somebody else on here who thinks the Patriots should draft a WR in the 1st round!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Where does it say Miami? It says Denver Do you have a better scenario? Let's hear it... In the words of Bill Parcells...You have Potential....and that means you haven't done anything yet...... WR not a Priority????????? I guess you missed the Jets playoff loss....
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

It says Detroit.....And Miami picks 15

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Not one....and your missing the point....

Trade scenarios...what the possibilties? Are you sitting in Belichicks war room?

Can you think of one with the player you think is worth getting in the top 15?

I think if your going to trade up in a Defense loaded draft and your using BPA Jones is a possibilty...sure I can regurgitate what's out there. However, if your thinking about Player grades, and Jones is the highest rated and you have a bevy of picks, they could grab anyone they want and still fill any other need.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Also, It says 13

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Not one....and your missing the point.... Trade scenarios...what the possibilties? Are you sitting in Belichicks war room? Can you think of one with the player you think is worth getting in the top 15? I think if your going to trade up in a Defense loaded draft and your using BPA Jones is a possibilty...sure I can regurgitate what's out there. However, if your thinking about Player grades, and Jones is the highest rated and you have a bevy of picks, they could grab anyone they want and still fill any other need.
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

Must be a reason that no sports columnists, nor loyal Patriots fans here think the Patriots will draft a WR in the 1st round.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I'm just interested in original out of the box thinking at this point...I suppose you just don't have a 2-way or 3-way scenario.....

I've been a Die hard fan for 35 years....

60maxpowero.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Also, I gave 2 examples -- 1 out of the box ---2 a Belichick style trade...check the value chart....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just interested in original out of the box thinking at this point...I suppose you just don't have a 2-way or 3-way scenario..... I've been a Die hard fan for 35 years.... 60maxpowero.com
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

35 years congrats!  Oh and you are not supposed to advertise websites on here.....Since you have only been here for 2 days, I figured I would let you know!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron-Burgandy. Show Ron-Burgandy's posts

17 & 92 to Wash - Quinn - NC
    28 to Tenn for 2012 1st and 2011 #77
    33 & 60 to Minn for 2011 #43 & 2012 1st

Pats Picks #10, #43, #74, #77 in first 3 rounds and lines 2012 up for another Pats dominated draft. Lets just hope a few teams are this desperate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Yes...35 years...sorry about the tag, I just found this cool website and I usually throw in new sites that are new..I see that alot here...anyways I guess you don't want to draw up a scenario....so thanks for the chat.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Here's some trade scenarios that have batted around

Trade up scenerio's

Pats get #10 Was gets #17 and #60. Most likely targets: Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Prince Amu, Cameron Jordan, Fairley

Pats get #23 Phi gets #28 and #92. Most likely targets: Heyward, Wilkerson, Carimi, Solder

Trade down scenerio's

SD gets #28 Pats get #50 and #61

Tenn gets #28 Pats get #39 and 2012 1st

Cinn gets #28 Pats get #35 and 2012 3rd

Tenn gets #33 Pats get #39 and 2012 2nd

Was gets #33 and #92 Pats get #41 and 2012 1st

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

[QUOTE]17 & 92 to Wash - Quinn - NC 28 to Tenn for 2012 1st and 2011 #77 33 & 60 to Minn for 2011 #43 & 2012 1st Pats Picks #10, #43, #74, #77 in first 3 rounds and lines 2012 up for another Pats dominated draft. Lets just hope a few teams are this desperate.
    Posted by Ron-Burgandy[/QUOTE]

Very nice...I like the fact you moved picks to the next year...I think tams will be, especially for the 28 and 33rd slots...That would give them a green light to get a top 15 player...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Here's some trade scenarios that have batted around Trade up scenerio's Pats get #10 Was gets #17 and #60. Most likely targets: Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Prince Amu, Cameron Jordan, Fairley Pats get #23 Phi gets #28 and #92. Most likely targets: Heyward, Wilkerson, Carimi, Solder Trade down scenerio's SD gets #28 Pats get #50 and #61 Tenn gets #28 Pats get #39 and 2012 1st Cinn gets #28 Pats get #35 and 2012 3rd Tenn gets #33 Pats get #39 and 2012 2nd Was gets #33 and #92 Pats get #41 and 2012 1st
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I like the trade down and trade up scenarios!  If the Patriots can trade out of the 28th pick and pick up a 2011 2nd round pick and 2012 1st round pick that would be great!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron-Burgandy. Show Ron-Burgandy's posts

Lets hope they trade up this year for one Top 10 talent. Whether its Quinn, Prince, or Smith.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has the best trade scenarios? : Very nice...I like the fact you moved picks to the next year...I think tams will be, especially for the 28 and 33rd slots...That would give them a green light to get a top 15 player...
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

[QUOTE]Here's some trade scenarios that have batted around Trade up scenerio's Pats get #10 Was gets #17 and #60. Most likely targets: Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Prince Amu, Cameron Jordan, Fairley Pats get #23 Phi gets #28 and #92. Most likely targets: Heyward, Wilkerson, Carimi, Solder Trade down scenerio's SD gets #28 Pats get #50 and #61 Tenn gets #28 Pats get #39 and 2012 1st Cinn gets #28 Pats get #35 and 2012 3rd Tenn gets #33 Pats get #39 and 2012 2nd Was gets #33 and #92 Pats get #41 and 2012 1st

Question: What do you think of a 3-way trade? Think it's possible? 3-ways involve a player but just sub the player for a pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has the best trade scenarios? : Question: What do you think of a 3-way trade? Think it's possible? 3-ways involve a player but just sub the player for a pick.
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

3 ways in football never happen in 1 trade. I actually don't think I've ever heard of one truthfully. Usually it's something like last year where 1 team trades with another and then takes those picks and trades back to another team which again is rare. Really Clev and the Pats were the only teams to do it recently.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has the best trade scenarios? : 3 ways in football never happen in 1 trade. I actually don't think I've ever heard of one truthfully. Usually it's something like last year where 1 team trades with another and then takes those picks and trades back to another team which again is rare. Really Clev and the Pats were the only teams to do it recently.

The rules are different this year, that's why it make me wonder. Picks have a higher value, and a combination could net great value if done right in theory.
    It is highly unlikely, but plausible. Who is the guy you would trade for and what would you give up?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has the best trade scenarios? : The rules are different this year, that's why it make me wonder. Picks have a higher value, and a combination could net great value if done right in theory. It is highly unlikely, but plausible. Who is the guy you would trade for and what would you give up?
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

I don't even think it's plausible for only 1 reason, time. Most trades are setup in a manner that inquiries are made before the draft starts where 1 team says what will it take to trade up to your position and another gives an estimate. The problem comes in to how the draft starts to fall. As other teams make moves and players are taken off the board that original estimate needs to be reworked and most trade estimates will never happen. When all is said and done most trades occur between 5 mins before the pick to 5 mins into the pick (forget where I read that but I remember thinking that's not a lot of time). That's hard to do with only 2 teams involved when you now have 3 teams it becomes impossible as you are now asking 1 team to trade their pick before having a chance to hear trade offers from other teams or even giving them the chance to see how the board starts to fall. In order to get that 3rd team involved you'll have to overpay to ensure the team trading out of their pick early gets more then a fair shake in the end.

If we move up though the only 2 players I might trade up for are Miller and Dareus just simply from need and value based. If you look at it the major needs for the Pats are the pass rush (the last 3 post-season games resulted in 0 sacks) and OL (Brady has been killed in the last 3 post-season games and most are leaving in the next couple years). WR, RB, DB are all secondary needs and there is some depth of talent in later rounds for all 3 position. Although, the elite talent can only be found up front for WR and CB. Truthfully between 15-20 seems like the perfect spot in this years draft. You might not be in the elite talent area but there are some very good to great prospects in the T, DL, and OLB positions (Jordan, Watt, Wilkerson, Heyward, Bowers, Kerrigan, Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, Pouncey). The value just isn't there to spend extra picks to move up which is why so many teams from the 5-15 range are looking to move back

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has the best trade scenarios? : I don't even think it's plausible for only 1 reason, time. Most trades are setup in a manner that inquiries are made before the draft starts where 1 team says what will it take to trade up to your position and another gives an estimate. The problem comes in to how the draft starts to fall. As other teams make moves and players are taken off the board that original estimate needs to be reworked and most trade estimates will never happen. When all is said and done most trades occur between 5 mins before the pick to 5 mins into the pick (forget where I read that but I remember thinking that's not a lot of time). That's hard to do with only 2 teams involved when you now have 3 teams it becomes impossible as you are now asking 1 team to trade their pick before having a chance to hear trade offers from other teams or even giving them the chance to see how the board starts to fall. In order to get that 3rd team involved you'll have to overpay to ensure the team trading out of their pick early gets more then a fair shake in the end. If we move up though the only 2 players I might trade up for are Miller and Dareus just simply from need and value based. If you look at it the major needs for the Pats are the pass rush (the last 3 post-season games resulted in 0 sacks) and OL (Brady has been killed in the last 3 post-season games and most are leaving in the next couple years). WR, RB, DB are all secondary needs and there is some depth of talent in later rounds for all 3 position. Although, the elite talent can only be found up front for WR and CB. Truthfully between 15-20 seems like the perfect spot in this years draft. You might not be in the elite talent area but there are some very good to great prospects in the T, DL, and OLB positions (Jordan, Watt, Wilkerson, Heyward, Bowers, Kerrigan, Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, Pouncey). The value just isn't there to spend extra picks to move up which is why so many teams from the 5-15 range are looking to move back

Okay, good...you set the table very nicely...now add in the fact that Locker and
    Mallet have been in for 2 day visits....Could 2 teams be interested and Belichick could be setting the table? Washington, Cincinnati, Maybe Carolina, Minny, all need qb's....The math could be worked out?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If you want to really rob a couple teams don't think top 20 think #28 and #33

1 thing I've been thinking about is that we could set ourselves up for a big payday trading #33 by actually trading #28. Let me explain

If Tenn doesn't take a QB at #8 then the rumors of them looking to move up to #28 could be true. The 2 QB's I see them targeting are Ponder and Dalton. So lets say Tenn trades #39 and a 2012 1st to take Ponder or Dalton.

We know that Cinn won't take a QB at #4 and are most likely targeting a QB in round 2. The 2 names most associated with them are Dalton and Ponder. If Tenn takes 1 of them with pick #28 then it will force Cinn into a bad position over the night. Would the Pats trade with another team with #33 who would trade up to get a QB (Minn, Was, Sea). If that's their thought then they are forced to trade up with the Pats to make sure someone else doesn't. What it might cost them to get a QB isn't their 2nd this year but how about their 3rd this year and their 1st next year. They get to keep #35 and get #33 we get #66 and 2012 1st.

In the end the Pats end up with 3 1st's next year with the chance of 2 of them being top 15 picks.

Now wouldn't that be something