Who here believes that Hernandez will play another down for the Pats?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Who here believes that Hernandez will play another down for the Pats?

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Guy is a total fraud. So, he followed me over here trying to gain allies with other of our board trolls here.

It's all about you, Riding With Dusty Bottoms While BB Reigns.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I love NEGAME's passion and I know APpats is a big fan so you two please look away right now.....

I am sure the Patriots are watching this very close and probably have a lot of info that others (media) don't.  They probably have a pretty good idea what Hernandez is going to be facing here.  And if they think Hernandez is going to be charged with something involving the murder then as much as I hate to say it, the Pats need to cut ties with Hernandez right now, as a business decision.  If much smaller companies are cutting ties with him so he isn't a representative of their company any longer then the Patriots who are a much bigger company needs to do the same.

It will certainly be interesting to see what they do.  The longer they continue to be associated with Hernandez, the better as this might mean they have some good info that Hernandez might not be involved.  If they cut ties with him then it will look as if they feel there is enough evidence to tie him to the murder.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

What i read was that if they cut him now and if he gets convicted later then they wont be able to recoup the bonus money, plus the cap charge would be like 2 mil this year and 7 next year. This can explain it better.

Revisiting details of Hernandez contract June, 21, 2013 Jun 21 11:30 AM ET By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

In light of the criminal investigation surrounding Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, some have asked about details of the five-year contract extension that Hernandez signed with the team last August.

Let's revisit those details.

Hernandez had two years remaining on his original rookie contract (2012 and 2013) when he signed a five-year extension through 2018. The extension has a total maximum value of about $40 million.

Here is how it broke down:

Signing bonus:
    $12.5 million
    Paid in three installments -- $6 million up front, $3.25 million in March of 2013 and $3.25 million in March of 2014

Base salaries:
    2012 -- $540,000
    2013 -- $1.323 million
    2014 -- $1.2 million
    2015 -- $2.3 million
    2016 -- $5 million
    2017 -- $6 million
    2018 -- $6 million

At this point, when looking solely at signing bonus and base salaries, Hernandez has earned $9.79 million of the extension.

For salary cap purposes, the signing bonus is prorated over five years of the deal (that's the maximum allowed by the CBA). This means Hernandez' salary cap charge is $2.5 million ($12.5 million signing bonus divided by five) plus his base salary and any other bonuses in each year.

For those asking what the salary cap charge would be in the event the Patriots ever decided to terminate the contract, the charge would be the acceleration of the $12.5 million signing bonus. If that happened in 2013, Hernandez would count $2.55 million against the salary cap, and then in 2014 would carry a cap charge of $7.5 million from the remaining proration on the signing bonus.

One other factor to consider: A club can recover bonus money and avoid a cap hit if a player violates one of the league's personal conduct policies or defaults on contract language.

So itll look better if they make a case to recoup the money if he gets convicted under contract.

[/QUOTE]

Good info, thanks for posting that APpats!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

[QUOTE]

149999 posts where the hell have you been on the Patriots message board?? go  back to where ever you have been please and let the real Patriot fan deal with this heartbreaking issue.

Oops.  No need to attack me on this.  I've been a Pats fan my whole life.  I think 38 years of missing very few games would earn me the label of "real Patriot fan".  I think listening to the games on the radio because they weren't televised affords me the "true fan" status.

It's not heartbreaking to me.  It's just embarrassing.

Where have I been?  On the Bruins side.  It's okay.  I'm allowed to have opinions on other topics as well. 

Friendly guy.

[/QUOTE]

Good post.

NEGAME2 is a favorite around here.  SHE is very passionate about her team and she is a super cool chick who plays here in a mans world.  I like her, she adds to the fun around here and I love reading her opinions even if I don't agree with all of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

TFB12

I do not think the Pats will cut Hernandez at this point with all the due process they have to observe. But banishing Hernandez from the facility yesterday is a pretty good indication of what the organization will do when there are something concrete for them to act upon.

Living well is the best revenge.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

lol

Now that I think about it, it is somewhat funny of an image.  25-30 fat drunk dudes behind you all leaning in for a looksee to see how it's coming along for ol' Not A Shot and whatever "date" he claimed to have brought into the Boston Garden that night.

It's just the most ridiculous claim I've ever seen on a messageboard.  He's still so embarrassed that I called him out for lying about it, it's why he, too, now stalks me.

He thinks he's some kind of a board legend over there with his other Bobby Brady Hall Monitor Club, so if you challenge him, he can;t handle it and starts to to squirm, as most frauds I challenge do.

Actually, another funny Bruins related claim came from Pezzy just last week. He claimed Bobby Orr used to come by his house for dinner once a week.  I mean, I've seen some pretty desperate people trying to go the extra mile to one up someone on a messageboard and get nervous and make some stuff up hoping it works, but that was a doozy.

All I could think of is Chunk from the Goonies claiming Michael Jackson used his bathroom or Bobby Brady claiming Namath stops by the Brady house.  

I love how you talk about it over here, you were pretty much owned over there.  So you come here and talk about it thinking, hoping nobody seen you over there getting owned in that forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't know how you guys can deal with all of the triple and quadruple (or more!) quotes in each message.  It takes forever to find whatever the new statement is.

Of course, I also don't know how you can deal with Rusty attempting to take over threads to talk about anything but the topic.  He tried that over at the B's side and was promptly shut down.

Anyway, I as I said, I cannot imagine Hernandez playing for the Pats again.  This isn't a speeding ticket or a drunk and disorderly.  I know, I know.  He hasn't been convicted yet.  It really doesn't matter.  Public opinion has him at least guilty of bad things, and that's enough to get run out of any town.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

I certainly hope Belichick (who hates the media ) and Kraft won't jump to conclusions about hernandez

Why wouldn't they? Everyone else has!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't know how you guys can deal with all of the triple and quadruple (or more!) quotes in each message.  It takes forever to find whatever the new statement is.

My only real pet peeve here.  Why some people here are incapable of deleting the extra crap is beyond me.  That being said I feel like before BDC remade the boards and brought them in house that when you quoted someone it only quoted them and not all of the previous stuff.  Am I making that up?  I feel like I remember it being that way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

pcmIV

I had made a similar observation a few months before as well, this unedited quote carry forward is a waste of bandwidth and makes it very hard to follow the discussion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

My only real pet peeve here.  Why some people here are incapable of deleting the extra crap is beyond me.  That being said I feel like before BDC remade the boards and brought them in house that when you quoted someone it only quoted them and not all of the previous stuff.  Am I making that up?  I feel like I remember it being that way.

Yeah, it was that way. It's tedious now, especially when someone posts inside the quotes. I find myself just scrolling through all the garbage anyway. Anyhow, I don't think I missed much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

you don't know that HE destroyed it  may have been the other guys that were at his house  my point is the media keeps putting out information  that is inaccurate . I mean really this is beyound bizarre.

Maybe they also destroyed his phone too ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

you don't know that HE destroyed it  may have been the other guys that were at his house  my point is the media keeps putting out information  that is inaccurate . I mean really this is beyound bizarre.

Yes.  It is likely that someone else destroyed his security system.  It is also likely that someone else destroyed his phone.  It's also likely that someone else called in the cleaning crew.  It's also likely that I am Aaron Hernandez.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

149999 posts where the hell have you been on the Patriots message board?? go  back to where ever you have been please and let the real Patriot fan deal with this heartbreaking issue.

Oops.  No need to attack me on this.  I've been a Pats fan my whole life.  I think 38 years of missing very few games would earn me the label of "real Patriot fan".  I think listening to the games on the radio because they weren't televised affords me the "true fan" status.

It's not heartbreaking to me.  It's just embarrassing.

Where have I been?  On the Bruins side.  It's okay.  I'm allowed to have opinions on other topics as well. 

Friendly guy.

[/QUOTE]

Radio games were the best. John Morris in the 80s wasn't nearly as good as Gil and Gino. I still mute the TV and put the radio broadcast on sometimes just to get away from the annoying national guys. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

50/50 chance in my opinion.

On the one hand NE doesn't shy away from giving players another chance, on the other hand those players usually got into trouble elsewhere.

I think it is telling that not one person in the organization has put out a single word of support.

We'll just wait and see.

Either way, from a talent perspective, the offense has taken another hit this offseason.

It's going to be interesting for sure.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

TFB12

I do not think the Pats will cut Hernandez at this point with all the due process they have to observe. But banishing Hernandez from the facility yesterday is a pretty good indication of what the organization will do when there are something concrete for them to act upon.

I think the Patriots will be in close contact with both the authorities and Goodell and will take action on what they feel is best for their brand.  Hernandez’s alleged obstruction of justice charge may be enough for the NFL to discipline him as it is and the Pats could take a stance at that point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

50/50 chance in my opinion.

On the one hand NE doesn't shy away from giving players another chance, on the other hand those players usually got into trouble elsewhere.

I think it is telling that not one person in the organization has put out a single word of support.

We'll just wait and see.

Either way, from a talent perspective, the offense has taken another hit this offseason.

It's going to be interesting for sure.  

Yeah, what I believe the Pats admin Stacy James did was to send a text/ email to all Pats players to " considering the .... etc. going on" please refrain from contacting AH for any and all reasons for the time being" including , calls, texts, emails, avoid public statements, social sites etc.

Similar to a attending a wake or funeral, nothing more is required other than saying "I'm sorry".

In reality what would any Player expect AH to say on a cell or email anyway?  Doing so by saying anything would be inappropriate and ill advised. A summary of Pats emails, texts, calls could/would further embarras the Pats Org at a future trial. Leave bad enough alone!

At this point the police investigators are not going to feed the Patriots Org/NFL any proprietary info other than what they choose to release to the public.

I believe the Law Enforcement has it just about nailed. Certainly not a professional mob hit, too stupid. It could have been done on a spur of the moment and temper flair up, not well thought out. The only guess that I will make is that "in most cases, there is always a woman involved with the/a motive". I'm sure all the background checks of the other two are in and they are being tailed, no names on them made public yet. Of course there is a Journalist in Bristol who recognized them and can be the first to publicly name them but .... would YOU?

Those rental vehicles - like tractor trailors, have GPS devices built in. That's why hi-jacks are in the past. They monitor everything now.

We will know the rest of the story ... good day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

No way Hernandez ever plays another down in a Patriots uni.  This whole incident has been a huge black-eye on the franchise and I can't see Belichick/Kraft even thinking about keeping him around.  Plus, I think he's going to jail for quite a while and facing a huge suspension from Goodell.  He's done in NE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I think he'll play. He was my favorite player before and he was my favorite after. They havent even said who shot him. It probably wasnt even Hernandez. Hoping he gets off and is able to play. And when he does then ill be wearing my AH jersey proudly. Everyone makes mistakes, some bigger than others. Like 49 said, until i hear that he shot the guy dead, he's still one of my favorite Pats.

I believe you called me dumb last week. Re-read your post again and then think about the irony within that.

You Millennials are funny I'll tell ya.

and u gen-xers are self centered and yet sheltered i'll tell ya

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Whay happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?  the media is already assuming he did it and is guilty.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

Whay happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?  the media is already assuming he did it and is guilty.

OJ happened to it.  So did all of the law loopholes that are found.  Often times the guilty aren't "proven guilty" due to a technicality.  Casey Anthony comes to mind.