Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

The defense played equally inept, so this was an equal opportunity stinkbomb. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you are letting the flow of the game infect your outlook here. 

New England missed scores on the first three drives. 

After they opened it up and started passing they scored on three of the final five. It likely would have been four if they hadn't gone for it on 4th down in the 3rd quarter. 

That's not on Brady.

Same old, same old. 

A TE that can't stay healthy.

A defense that can't get off the field. 

A running game that doesn't deliver against a decent defense. 

And a WR corps composed of JAGs. 

One pass, and use your noodle here, that isn't intercepted, and is thrown in the FIRST QUARTER doesn't decide a game. 

Sorry, it's just nonsense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a great Post Mortem thread. 

[/QUOTE]

And that's all you're ever going to see with this GM. And the "In BB we trust" tools will be right here nitpicking a couple of plays by Brady even if the whole team is terrible and he is the only one with good numbers.

They will be saying he got them in "garbage time", but won't say a word about the D folding over and over and over, or the run stinking the place out.

They should rename this, "Idiot Nation".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After they opened it up and started passing they scored on three of the final five. It likely would have been four if they hadn't gone for it on 4th down in the 3rd quarter. 

That's not on Brady.

Same old, same old. 

One pass, and use your noodle here, that isn't intercepted, and is thrown in the FIRST QUARTER doesn't decide a game. 

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Manning missed countless open receivers. They were open on just about every single play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, broncos were better today. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Pats over-achieved all year with all the injuries they faced. That aside, they just did not look ready to play this game. Why, I have no idea. There are not many more of these left for Brady.

But back to the game. No pressure on Manning. Over thrown passes by Brady to open receivers. Poor game calling. No plan to get Manning on the ground. How about attempting the field goal BB. No, then at least have a better play designed on 4th and 2.

Again, if the Pats showed up  today, they would have won. But they didn't and that is why Denver is moving on. They made no mistakes today. They were the better team on this day and that is all that counts. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's not on Brady.

Same old, same old. 

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Manning missed countless open receivers. They were open on just about every single play.

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe he connected with that duck on 3rd down to Welker while Arrington was napping. 

Oh man. If that were Brady, people would be howling. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On drive #1, Brady completed a first down pass for 5, then Blount ran into the line for no gain, setting up an unfavorable 3rd-and-5.  Brady then delivered a strike to Austin Collie that DRC knocked away (and should have been called for holding Collie).

On the Broncos first drive, Manning completed a first down pass for 5, Moreno ran into the line for a tough 3 yard gain, setting  up a favorable 3rd-and-2.

On drive #2, Brady again completed a first down pass for 6, and Blount AGAIN ran into the line for no gain, AGAIN setting up an unfavorable 3rd-and-4.  He then delivered a pretty decent pass to Slater that Slater couldn't haul on due to not being an NFL wideout.

On drive #3, the Pats were driving inside the red zone when Solder did his best impression of a turnstile, letting Robert Ayers in for an uncontested sack forcing the FG.

Which one of these drives was on Brady?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, get this. You're never going to see another Lombardi as long as BB is GM. Guaranteed.

[/QUOTE]

They need more players, but they also need health. I'm not concerned about the receivers. Seattle has no receivers, basically, and they're the top team in the league.

Losing Gronk (again) is a killer. Yeah, they're still better than most teams without him but we're kidding ourselves if we think they can win it all without him. I (and others) said as much when the season started. I said and meant, that they should sit him until week 15 or so, just so he's ready for the playoffs. I don't care about bye weeks.

Look, Hern, Gronk, Vollmer, Mayo and VW are core guys. You can't lose that many Pro Bowlers and beat the best teams in the league, unless every single thing goes right. You can lose one or maybe two of them, plus a Spikes maybe, and get by.

BB's made mistakes, but with all those guys plus some promising rookies like Collins, I don't think you can blame him for this. I blame his coaching today, frankly. But in the end, Denver had more horses (no pun intended). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Defense blows. I could've played as good as Arrington today. if he had any ball instincts he'd have a pick. Gregory never does anything and in all honesty, McCourty seemed way out of position alot today...

Chandler and Dink didnt get ANY pressure against mostly 1-on-1 too!

but Jamie Collins looks freakin good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and yet we're still talking about the " one" over thrown ball to Edelman and only that one. Collie's I don't see that as a miss.   Jeez okay let's play along.  game should have ended 33-23 for Denver, happy ?   why Manning's over thrown balls don't count ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So your case is ... he missed two passes?

Sorry ... incredibly weak. Really anemic. 

I can't go anywhere but there. 

SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO MAKE PLAYS. This team was Brady and a binch of s-hiiieet!

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Amendola didn't do chit... rookies were rough and couldnt stay healthy. waste there. good game by Brady, not great and that's why I'm dissappointed.

wasn't a GOAT performance that's my point dude

[/QUOTE]

Actually completing 64% and a 94 pr is pretty close to G O A T play. unfortunately he's leading a team of goats ( the ones that eat grass).  Pathetic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On drive #2, Brady again completed a first down pass for 6, and Blount AGAIN ran into the line for no gain, AGAIN setting up an unfavorable 3rd-and-4.  He then delivered a pretty decent pass to Slater that Slater couldn't haul on due to not being an NFL wideout.

[/QUOTE]

Throwing to Slater imo was a bad play. That guy has no hands and never catches balls....

surprised to see the ball thrown to him..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats over-achieved all year with all the injuries they faced. That aside, they just did not look ready to play this game. Why, I have no idea. There are not many more of these left for Brady.

But back to the game. No pressure on Manning. Over thrown passes by Brady to open receivers. Poor game calling. No plan to get Manning on the ground. How about attempting the field goal BB. No, then at least have a better play designed on 4th and 2.

Again, if the Pats showed up  today, they would have won. But they didn't and that is why Denver is moving on. They made no mistakes today. They were the better team on this day and that is all that counts. 

[/QUOTE]

Well said, Denver's lines were better than the pats lines today

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's not on Brady.

Same old, same old. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe he connected with that duck on 3rd down to Welker while Arrington was napping. 

Oh man. If that were Brady, people would be howling. 

[/QUOTE]

That was pathetic. The Seahawks will destroy him if he throws crap like that around them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

[/QUOTE]

So what, he was open? They won Super Bowls with guys like Jermaine Wiggins and David Patten. Now, all of a sudden we can't hit an open receiver unless he has the proper pedigree?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

What about the coaching staff? Really poor job all around. Game plan was amateur hour. I don't get it.

That said, let's be honest, Denver was a far better team today. Better prepared, faster, more aggressive. They were determined where New England looked unprepared for the moment. 

Does anybody still want to re-sign Blount? Let him walk, he's exactly what he was in Tampa. If the play is blocked perfectly he'll get yards. If it's not, he's not going to fight for anything. Stiff.

[/QUOTE]

The better team won...and Denver was clearly the bdtter team. What more can be said. The Pats needed a terrific performance from Tom Brady, as Denver geared up to take away the run game. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't deliver. The Pats might have had a better chance had this game been played in Foxboro...or had it been played in bad weather. But alas, the weather was prestine. I choose to credit the Broncos...rather than trash the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Defense blows. I could've played as good as Arrington today. if he had any ball instincts he'd have a pick. Gregory never does anything and in all honesty, McCourty seemed way out of position alot today...

[/QUOTE]

that's just it , it was a colletive fail on D.  What about Dennard ?  did he make one play ? he got burned by D Thomas over and over again at a key pont in the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Throwing to Slater imo was a bad play. That guy has no hands and never catches balls....

[/QUOTE]

LOL  that's how sad it is.  Imagine that !!! They had to sub in Slater !!! OMG that should tell you all you need to know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So what, he was open? They won Super Bowls with guys like Jermaine Wiggins and David Patten. Now, all of a sudden we can't hit an open receiver unless he has the proper pedigree?

[/QUOTE]

They had a defense and an effective run.  Today they had neither.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

That was pathetic. The Seahawks will destroy him if he throws crap like that around them.

SF is backhanding the Seahawks as we speak. Kaepernick looks unstoppable on the ground.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Abandoning the run after 2 series, midget receivers and midget dbs, it was like the Denver receivers had velcro hands

[/QUOTE]

Why would you stick with a run when you are down 17 points and getting 1.1 YC on your runs?

Think! I mean ... use your brain. 

[/QUOTE]

because it helps everything else, keeps Manning off the field, keeps the defense honest instead of teeing off..... keep your attitude Z....I see you're upset

[/QUOTE]

You don't think it's the D's job to keep manning off the field?

One F'n possession in the 3rd,  OH MY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What about the coaching staff? Really poor job all around. Game plan was amateur hour. I don't get it.

That said, let's be honest, Denver was a far better team today. Better prepared, faster, more aggressive. They were determined where New England looked unprepared for the moment. 

Does anybody still want to re-sign Blount? Let him walk, he's exactly what he was in Tampa. If the play is blocked perfectly he'll get yards. If it's not, he's not going to fight for anything. Stiff.

[/QUOTE]

The better team won...and Denver was clearly the bdtter team. What more can be said. The Pats needed a terrific performance from Tom Brady, as Denver geared up to take away the run game. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't deliver. The Pats might have had a better chance had this game been played in Foxboro...or had it been played in bad weather. But alas, the weather was prestine. I choose to credit the Broncos...rather than trash the Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

What is the difference....remember last championship...The Ravens stompped on the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that's just it , it was a colletive fail on D.  What about Dennard ?  did he make one play ? he got burned by D Thomas over and over again at a key pont in the game.

[/QUOTE]

honestly, I'm not blaming Dennard at all. Dennard is a good CB put in the right spot. Dennard is a good M2M defender on faster guys who aren't very physical. D. Thomas, is 6'4 , Dennard MAY be 5'10.... If dennard got burned by Decker all game I'd be mad but Thomas is a total mismatch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL  that's how sad it is.  Imagine that !!! They had to sub in Slater !!! OMG that should tell you all you need to know.

[/QUOTE]

Ha.

I know. 

Slater vs ... Deion Branch? Troy Brown? 

Sorry ... not even close. 

If this team had a Deion Branch, it might be heading home with a win.

Oh and a Bruschi, Vrabel, Law, McGinest, Harrison, et al.  

Sections
Shortcuts