Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a team loss.  Broncos were better today.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and no excuses!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Broncos are "not better today"

They are better than the Pats just about every day.  The Patriots have serious talent shortages.  It is a miracle they made the AFC championship.

Their D-line is a mess.  Two guys out and Chandler Jones is the most over rated player in Patriot history.

They have no WRs because they sepnt a fortune on two TEs that will never play another down in Foxboro.

Brady and Bellicheck deserve a parade for getting this limited bunch to the AFC championship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha.

I know. 

Slater vs ... Deion Branch? Troy Brown? 

Sorry ... not even close. 

If this team had a Deion Branch, it might be heading home with a win.

Oh and a Bruschi, Vrabel, Law, McGinest, Harrison, et al.  

[/QUOTE]

agree. Nink and Jones = no shows..

Collins is a HUGE bright spot though, he looks legit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

The defense played equally inept, so this was an equal opportunity stinkbomb. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, get this. You're never going to see another Lombardi as long as BB is GM. Guaranteed.

[/QUOTE]

They need more players, but they also need health. I'm not concerned abot the receivers. Seattle has no receivers, basically, and they're the top team in the league.

Losing Gronk (again) is a killer. Yeah, they're still better than most teams without him but we're kidding ourselves if we think they can win without him. I (and others) said as much whn the season started. I said and meant, that they should sit him until week 15 or so, just so mhe's ready for the playoffs. I don't care about bye weeks.

Look, Hern, Gronk, Vollmer, Mayo and VW are core guys. You can't lose that many Pro Bowlers and beat the best teams in the league, unless every single thing goes right. You can lose one or maybe two of them, plus a Spikes maybe, and get by.

BB's made mistakes, but with all those guys plus some promising rookies like Collins, I don't think you can blame him for this. I blame his coaching today, frankly. But in the end, Denver had more horses (no pun intended). 

[/QUOTE]

Even with Wilfork (who may well be done for) and Mayo, our D is not nearly as good as the SHs. And they may have not much for receivers, but the QB can run. You just can't give a pocket passer crap at receiver and expect something great. And Gronk will be hurt again, even if he is as good as he was (doubtful).

Denver had more horses because that have a good team around Manning, while we have a mediocre team around Brady.

It's over Muzz. We aren't winning another SB until some day in the future when BB and Brady are both gone. Enjoy the AFCEast titles, because that may last for a couple more years.

Squandered. The window was squandered with poor decisions. Plain and simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

honestly, I'm not blaming Dennard at all. Dennard is a good CB put in the right spot. Dennard is a good M2M defender on faster guys who aren't very physical. D. Thomas, is 6'4 , Dennard MAY be 5'10.... If dennard got burned by Decker all game I'd be mad but Thomas is a total mismatch

[/QUOTE]

Why did they continue to leave him out on an island then? Or do the safeties suck that bad?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are better than the Pats just about every day.  The Patriots have serious talent shortages.  It is a miracle they made the AFC championship.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks TB!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What about the coaching staff? Really poor job all around. Game plan was amateur hour. I don't get it.

That said, let's be honest, Denver was a far better team today. Better prepared, faster, more aggressive. They were determined where New England looked unprepared for the moment. 

Does anybody still want to re-sign Blount? Let him walk, he's exactly what he was in Tampa. If the play is blocked perfectly he'll get yards. If it's not, he's not going to fight for anything. Stiff.

[/QUOTE]

The better team won...and Denver was clearly the bdtter team. What more can be said. The Pats needed a terrific performance from Tom Brady, as Denver geared up to take away the run game. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't deliver. The Pats might have had a better chance had this game been played in Foxboro...or had it been played in bad weather. But alas, the weather was prestine. I choose to credit the Broncos...rather than trash the Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lot's of rehashing of the same points now.

Pats lost, have holes to fill, Brady ONLY plays QB and can't wait for Rusty to chime in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

That was pathetic. The Seahawks will destroy him if he throws crap like that around them.

[/QUOTE]

SF is backhanding the Seahawks as we speak. Kaepernick looks unstoppable on the ground.

[/QUOTE]

well did you just see the Russell scramble and the Baldwin catch ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

honestly, I'm not blaming Dennard at all. Dennard is a good CB put in the right spot. Dennard is a good M2M defender on faster guys who aren't very physical. D. Thomas, is 6'4 , Dennard MAY be 5'10.... If dennard got burned by Decker all game I'd be mad but Thomas is a total mismatch

[/QUOTE]

Why did they continue to leave him out on an island then? Or do the safeties suck that bad?

[/QUOTE]

bill, I'm still asking myself that question.... I didn't get it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well did you just see the Russell scramble and the Baldwin catch ?

[/QUOTE]

Yep, great play. These QB's are fun to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

[/QUOTE]

So what, he was open? They won Super Bowls with guys like Jermaine Wiggins and David Patten. Now, all of a sudden we can't hit an open receiver unless he has the proper pedigree?

[/QUOTE]

They had a defense and an effective run.  Today they had neither.

[/QUOTE]

The D was better then, of course. The running game, not really. Other than 2004, it wasn't that good, look it up if you want.

But Brady was better then too. He just was. He's still plenty good enough to win, don't get me wrong. Still a top 5 QB in the NFL. But he never had elite receivers until 2007, and they didn't win then either. Not all on him, but say what you want if he hits Edelman that's a different football game.

And it was not a difficult pass, pedigree notwithstanding.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

[/QUOTE]

So what, he was open? They won Super Bowls with guys like Jermaine Wiggins and David Patten. Now, all of a sudden we can't hit an open receiver unless he has the proper pedigree?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The D was better then, of course. The running game, not really. Other than 2004, it wasn't that good, look it up if you want.

But Brady was better then too. He just was. He's still plenty good enough to win, don't get me wrong. Still a top 5 QB in the NFL. But he never had elite receivers until 2007, and they didn't win then either. Not all on him, but say what you want if he hits Edelman that's a different football game.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Abandoning the run after 2 series, midget receivers and midget dbs, it was like the Denver receivers had velcro hands

Why would you stick with a run when you are down 17 points and getting 1.1 YC on your runs?

Think! I mean ... use your brain. 

[/QUOTE]

because it helps everything else, keeps Manning off the field, keeps the defense honest instead of teeing off..... keep your attitude Z....I see you're upset

[/QUOTE]

No offense Harley but ... 

No it does not. 

A sucessful (read that word) running game can keep an opposing QB ff the field. 

That is because first downs keep a QB off the field. 

This game featured 40 runs between both RB corps. It also featured 81 passes by both teams. Both teams passed over 35 times, and the winner (and clock time winner) passed more than the loser.

It also featured just 7 real drives per team. That is the s-hortest game New England has played all season, and the s-hortest since SB 46 that New England has played.

It's called ball control passing. S-hort passes. They are like runs, but they don't involve 10 other things going right.

And the Denver defense didn't do so well against the passing offense ... just the running offense. New England moved the ball once they sat Blount. 

Running the football doesn't shorten games!!!

First downs, consecutively, while you let the playclock wind down s hortens games!

This is a total myth that has nothing to do with real football in 2014 or beyond. It's a tired old saw from the 1970s before the Mel Blount rule, when QBs were lucky to complete 50% of their passes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a list of long passes Brady hit to win games before 2005.

He didn't.

He was a clutch guy who moved the ball late in games with s-hort passes. 

The defense backed him up.

This is all balderdash that you are posting. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So your case is ... he missed two passes?

Sorry ... incredibly weak. Really anemic. 

I can't go anywhere but there. 

SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO MAKE PLAYS. This team was Brady and a binch of s-hiiieet!

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Amendola didn't do chit... rookies were rough and couldnt stay healthy. waste there. good game by Brady, not great and that's why I'm dissappointed.

wasn't a GOAT performance that's my point dude

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Manning missed THREE passes downfield ... and hit none. 

Is that a GOAT performance?

Sorry ... Brady was excellent today. 

The rest of the team, including Bill Belichick, was not up to it. 

You need to find another whipping boy. 

[/QUOTE]
    Z - you have to understand the mentality of this board.  They've been dogging Manning for years even when he's played good games.  Now that a similar kind of pressure is on Brady (as they claim he is the best ever) they expect him to carry the team even when the rest of the team fails. 

By their standard, like Manning (in their minds), Brady has failed.  So where Brady is concerned it depends on what you expect from him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I hope this loss stimulate into BB's mind that he needs to start changing his philosophy. Starting with the draft.

NO MORE shi#*y players. please don't trade down.

Cut Arrington and Gergory. It's over.  Done. Finish.

Give Talib about decent money about a year. But no more

Please don't let Gronk injure no more.

then change the gameplays ..litte more smash mouth football with more running the play and some deep pass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha.

I know. 

Slater vs ... Deion Branch? Troy Brown? 

Sorry ... not even close. 

If this team had a Deion Branch, it might be heading home with a win.

Oh and a Bruschi, Vrabel, Law, McGinest, Harrison, et al.  

[/QUOTE]

agree. Nink and Jones = no shows..

Collins is a HUGE bright spot though, he looks legit.

[/QUOTE]

don't want to hear about players the pats don't have.  They are always well below the cap so that they can sign players.  That's the choice they make.  They've got Brady on a cap friendly contract.  If they don't have the players they need, that's the GM's fault.  They've got money.  If they've paid the wrong players, that's the GM's fault. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Changer? 

Sorry. How does that impact Manning's 75 completion percent, all underneath, with boku RAC yards? How does that help a single DB stop a play? A single running back hit a hole? A single pass rusher even get a single rush (not even a  hand - no hits) on Manning? 

Every other aspect of the game failed. Brady was pretty much excellent given the time (seven drives) and weapons (who?) he had at his disposal. 

[/QUOTE]

if he hits that ball the game could've gone a different way. We could've pulled in closer and maybe tried to run it a little more and keep our chit D off the field as much as possible not being down two scores.

if Brady was "excellent" why did we score 3 first half points? He was GOOD at best in first half and above average in the second half

[/QUOTE]

Well because of all those (3 whole possessions) the pathetic run,  put him and 3rd and long and then when they actually 3rd and s h ort, they call for a bomb?

I know why they called for the bombs,, Same ol diarrhea.  Defense can't get off the field, limits O play calling, PERIOD

Can't dink and dunk, control clock when there is no F'n clock to control.  Not to mention, did TB out run Blount today?    W T F

How many YEARS do we have to explain this?

How many YEARS is BB going to allow this  B S to happen.

BB doesn't even trust his own D for CRIPES SAKE!Yell

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well because of all those (3 whole possessions) the pathetic run,  put him and 3rd and long and then when they actually 3rd and s h ort, they call for a bomb?

I know why they called for the bombs,, Same ol diarrhea.  Defense can't get off the field, limits O play calling, PERIOD

Can't dink and dunk, control clock when there is no F'n clock to control.  Not to mention, did TB out run Blount today?    W T F

How many YEARS do we have to explain this?

How many YEARS is BB going to allow this  B S to happen.

BB doesn't even trust his own D for CRIPES SAKE!Yell

[/QUOTE]

yeah cuz the defense BLOWS. multiple 8 minute drives... horrible. no talib= shredded.

ugh. Jones and Nink were no shows

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their D-line is a mess.  Two guys out and Chandler Jones is the most over rated player in Patriot history.

They have no WRs because they sepnt a fortune on two TEs that will never play another down in Foxboro.

Brady and Bellicheck deserve a parade for getting this limited bunch to the AFC championship.

[/QUOTE]

They are better than the Pats just about every day.  The Patriots have serious talent shortages

you must have gotten your tv after 11/20

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Zebellino- you are totally flipping on me here for no reason....

the team around Brady SUCKED.

Defense was GARBAGE.

but, even so... it took Denver to finally go prevent for us to get something going on O. I know the weapons around Brady blow but we won 8-9 games this year with those same WRs. I just didn't think Brady took the game over like I wanted.....

I'm not blaming the whole game on Brady, I thought he could've been better.

Who am I blaming the game on? GM, gameplan and defense. 

get my point now or no... ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

[QUOTE]

Aqib Talib- 2 biggest games of his Patriot career and he can't stay healthy. The moment he went out, the game changed on D. Thomas took that thing over. 2 catches for 55 on Dennard. cant blame dennard over matched there.

Tom Brady- see: inaccurate. The Edelman bomb, Collie bomb and even Dobson (i thought he had inside position on it), Vereen dump off, Edelman in the back of endzone all big misses. HE WAS GOOD, not GOAT though. that was it.

Run game- said it before and I'll say it again. BLount is boom or bust. give him the hole, best RB we have, if not.... Ridley is our best back

Pass Rushers- if Jones wants to be considered a above average or elite rusher he needs to get pressure on single blockers. he didn't do that.

Gameplan- wasn't good. BB even said it.

Positives: Jamie Collins looks legit, alotta potential there. Same with Hightower he's really turned around his season and looks good and can be great too.

Austin Collie needs a 3 year extension tmrw. guy was our best WR today outside Edelman. (amendola kinda disappointing)

Vereen & Ridley. I'm liking them next year. good 1-2 combo.

[/QUOTE]
    good post joe. id say pretty much the same. its funny how some blame a defense that gave up twenty six points to the number one all time nfl offense. meanwhile our offense can only score sixteen against one of the worst defenses in the nfl. makes no sense. im not blaming either side .. it was a team loss and they did very well when you consider the injuries. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope this loss stimulate into BB's mind that he needs to start changing his philosophy. Starting with the draft.

NO MORE shi#*y players. please don't trade down.

Cut Arrington and Gergory. It's over.  Done. Finish.

Give Talib about decent money about a year. But no more

Please don't let Gronk injure no more.

then change the gameplays ..litte more smash mouth football with more running the play and some deep pass.

[/QUOTE]

BB won't change anything. The only one who can change anything is Kraft.

Sections
Shortcuts