Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean the offensive game plan that everyone here wanted. Attack the Broncos defensive strength with Blount.

[/QUOTE]

not even that but throwing a deep ball to slater on third down? doing numerous PA passes deep when the run wasnt even established...

those plays

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh and by the way,  everyone's input here is worthless.

It's the internet and it's only opinions from people you don't know, dummy.

[/QUOTE]

so why do you post here.. if its worthless..?

[/QUOTE]

Entertainment.

It's just a place to come to and bond with other Pats fans but I don't take their opinions too seriously.  Everyone is anonymous and you have no idea who you are talking with.

There are some obvious knowledgable posters here but Babe isn't one of them.  He just thinks he is.  As I said,  he makes a lot of noise but doesn't say anything.

Now granted,  I definitely wouldn't call myself one of the more knowledgable posters here but atleast I'll admit it and it doesn't take an expert on football to spot a phony like Babe.   Don't let him fool you.  He's a Brady fan not a Patriots fan.  

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

Brady and Edleman were the two best players on the field for the Pats today. Since Brady didn't play a great game it's understandable they didn't win.  Hind sight is 20/20 but like the Chargers the Pats wanted to keep Manning off the field and ended up playing to the Broncos strengths. They should have spread them out and forced the Broncos to stop them. Other than the 2 sacks the Pats were able move it through the air pretty good. That may have openned up the running game. The Pats out thought themselves on offense. They tried to ride the hot hand (Blount) but they got burned, oh well. Good job by Fox, he outcoached Belichick and won.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean the offensive game plan that everyone here wanted. Attack the Broncos defensive strength with Blount.

[/QUOTE]

not even that but throwing a deep ball to slater on third down? doing numerous PA passes deep when the run wasnt even established...

those plays

[/QUOTE]

I don't like passes to Slater but he was the closest they had to a deep threat in the game. Dopson was limping and Amendola is virtually useless out there. Was anyone else open on the play? I actually thought Slater mis timed it and it was a possible catch (though a difficult one). I don't blame Slater though, he is a special teams stud who should not have been out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I don't like passes to Slater but he was the closest they had to a deep threat in the game. Dopson was limping and Amendola is virtually useless out there. Was anyone else open on the play? I actually thought Slater mis timed it and it was a possible catch (though a difficult one). I don't blame Slater though, he is a special teams stud who should not have been out there.

[/QUOTE]

I dont blame him either.. he shouldn't be out there. Dobson didnt look bad to me today. he seemed alright. he hasnt played in a while so there were certainly cob webs there.

I dont know who was open on that play or not but I just dont see a deep ball to slater as the best option there had to be something else...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

I blame Denver. They outplayed us and deserved to win....suck as it may!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Entertainment.

It's just a place to come to and bond with other Pats fans but I don't take their opinions too seriously.  Everyone is anonymous and you have no idea who you are talking with.

There are some obvious knowledgable posters here but Babe isn't one of them.  He just thinks he is.  As I said,  he makes a lot of noise but doesn't say anything.

Now granted,  I definitely wouldn't call myself one of the more knowledgable posters here but atleast I'll admit it and it doesn't take an expert on football to spot a phony like Babe.   Don't let him fool you.  He's a Brady fan not a Patriots fan.  

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

Brady and Edleman were the two best players on the field for the Pats today. Since Brady didn't play a great game it's understandable they didn't win.  Hind sight is 20/20 but like the Chargers the Pats wanted to keep Manning off the field and ended up playing to the Broncos strengths. They should have spread them out and forced the Broncos to stop them. Other than the 2 sacks the Pats were able move it through the air pretty good. That may have openned up the running game. The Pats out thought themselves on offense. They tried to ride the hot hand (Blount) but they got burned, oh well. Good job by Fox, he outcoached Belichick and won.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right.  They both had decent games.  Not great but what other weapons did he have?  Amendola has played the entire season hurt.  Hern in jail.  Gronk on IR.  Some guy they picked up on the waiver wire with concussion issues  and a rookie wideout with a bum foot.  

The defense was devastated by injuries before the game and then their best DB went out before the half.

As you insinuated,  the Broncos weren't going to let the Pats run on them to start the game.  Maybe spreading the receivers out, attacking their suspect defensive backs and playing more of a no huddle or up tempo game would have helped.  I don't know.  I guess they had a game plan and didn't execute it very well but I'm not sure it was a good game plan to begin with. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont blame him either.. he shouldn't be out there. Dobson didnt look bad to me today. he seemed alright. he hasnt played in a while so there were certainly cob webs there.

I dont know who was open on that play or not but I just dont see a deep ball to slater as the best option there had to be something else...

[/QUOTE]

Dopson played well but on the deep pass to him he had no speed and when the play was over he was limping. I thought Dopson played well hurt. I would not have depended on a deep pass to Slater but without seeing a replay I don't know what was available. I thought they should dink and dunk. Thay's what their receivers are best at.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

Dopson played well but on the deep pass to him he had no speed and when the play was over he was limping. I thought Dopson played well hurt. I would not have depended on a deep pass to Slater but without seeing a replay I don't know what was available. I thought they should dink and dunk. Thay's what their receivers are best at.

[/QUOTE]

exactly, dink and dunk. them came out throwing way down field and it didnt make sense. getting stuffed in the run to throwing 20+ down field...

it was one extreme to the next with the O.... bad gameplan there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Collins was the best player on the field for the pats the last 2 games

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I blame Denver. They outplayed us and deserved to win....suck as it may!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yup, sux but true

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right.  They both had decent games.  Not great but what other weapons did he have?  Amendola has played the entire season hurt.  Hern in jail.  Gronk on IR.  Some guy they picked up on the waiver wire with concussion issues  and a rookie wideout with a bum foot.  

The defense was devastated by injuries before the game and then their best DB went out before the half.

As you insinuated,  the Broncos weren't going to let the Pats run on them to start the game.  Maybe spreading the receivers out, attacking their suspect defensive backs and playing more of a no huddle or up tempo game would have helped.  I don't know.  I guess they had a game plan and didn't execute it very well but I'm not sure it was a good game plan to begin with. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't want to blast them for losing. Once Talib went out I thought uh oh here it comes. We are all going to find out how good Talib really is, just like the Ravens game last year. The Broncos played an excellant game and deserved to win. They were more talented and healthier. The unseasonably warm weather also was not much help. Losing to the Jets and Dolphins lead to this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought Collins was the best player on the field for the pats the last 2 games

[/QUOTE]

agree! this guy may be a studddd

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Collins had a good first quarter but he was as bad as the rest of them afterwords. I don't know how much he was covering Thomas but Thomas killed them today (I do remember Collins getting beat bad on a 35 yard pass play to Thomas).I like Collins but I can't say he was very good today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

I blame BB the GM for not giving Brady any good receivers.  Give the Broncos Amendola, Slater, Dobson, Collie, and Mulligan and let's see what Manning can do.  Hint: Nothing. It's almost like BB is playing a practical joke on Brady by seeing how bad a WR corps he can give him. 

Switch QBs and Brady would have won with Denver's offensive talent. Manning would have lost with the Pats collection of offensive misfits.  Who's fault is that?

That being said, BB the coach did a great job of winning games with the lousy talent he gave himself.  But he saved money on cap space!  Yay!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The offense never got into any rythym. I thought Mcdaniels had a poor plan going in and called a terrible game.

The D... Gave up 8-14 on3rd/4th and allowed Denver almost 36 minutes in time of possesion. 

The O couldn't stay on the field the D couldn't get off the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

The defense played equally inept, so this was an equal opportunity stinkbomb. 

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

[/QUOTE]

So what, he was open? They won Super Bowls with guys like Jermaine Wiggins and David Patten. Now, all of a sudden we can't hit an open receiver unless he has the proper pedigree?

[/QUOTE]

Best post of this thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abandoning the run after 2 series, midget receivers and midget dbs, it was like the Denver receivers had velcro hands

Why would you stick with a run when you are down 17 points and getting 1.1 YC on your runs?

Think! I mean ... use your brain. 

because it helps everything else, keeps Manning off the field, keeps the defense honest instead of teeing off..... keep your attitude Z....I see you're upset

[/QUOTE]

No offense Harley but ... 

No it does not. 

A sucessful (read that word) running game can keep an opposing QB ff the field. 

That is because first downs keep a QB off the field. 

This game featured 40 runs between both RB corps. It also featured 81 passes by both teams. Both teams passed over 35 times, and the winner (and clock time winner) passed more than the loser.

It also featured just 7 real drives per team. That is the s-hortest game New England has played all season, and the s-hortest since SB 46 that New England has played.

It's called ball control passing. S-hort passes. They are like runs, but they don't involve 10 other things going right.

And the Denver defense didn't do so well against the passing offense ... just the running offense. New England moved the ball once they sat Blount. 

Running the football doesn't shorten games!!!

First downs, consecutively, while you let the playclock wind down s hortens games!

This is a total myth that has nothing to do with real football in 2014 or beyond. It's a tired old saw from the 1970s before the Mel Blount rule, when QBs were lucky to complete 50% of their passes. 

[/QUOTE]

Haaa, until I read this gem. Balanced football is better for this "team" it leads to "first downs consecutively while you let the play clock wind down.".

And N.E moved the ball once Denver went to a soft dime D. We scored 3 points till then, and Joe absolutely broke it down for you in the beginning of this thread....Brady was off like he has been for his career in denver, all the more reason to stick with a power run game till you lose....which we have never done...sober up dude.

No gronk, no hern, no ww, plus 2 RB's who got you 1,800 yards and 20 tds in the last 17 games = run early,  run often, run till you are down by 3 tds....which we never were. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

[/QUOTE]

So what, he was open? They won Super Bowls with guys like Jermaine Wiggins and David Patten. Now, all of a sudden we can't hit an open receiver unless he has the proper pedigree?

[/QUOTE]

They had a defense and an effective run.  Today they had neither.

[/QUOTE]

The D was better then, of course. The running game, not really. Other than 2004, it wasn't that good, look it up if you want.

But Brady was better then too. He just was. He's still plenty good enough to win, don't get me wrong. Still a top 5 QB in the NFL. But he never had elite receivers until 2007, and they didn't win then either. Not all on him, but say what you want if he hits Edelman that's a different football game.

And it was not a difficult pass, pedigree notwithstanding.

[/QUOTE]

Give me a list of long passes Brady hit to win games before 2005.

He didn't.

He was a clutch guy who moved the ball late in games with s-hort passes. 

The defense backed him up.

This is all balderdash that you are posting. 

[/QUOTE]

Brady hit s h o r t passes because the offense functioned better. Balance lead to variety in formations, and playcalls which lead to an increased chance for clutch execution. If you can't understand this then I would have hated to play ball for you coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

No gronk, no hern, no ww, plus 2 RB's who got you 1,800 yards and 20 tds in the last 17 games = run early,  run often, run till you are down by 3 tds....which we never were. 

The Pats weren't going to be able to run on the Broncos today, could you really not see that?  Come on, most of Blounts yards and td's came in the last 2 games against the Colts (ranked 26th vs the run) and the Bills (ranked 28 vs the run)

Oh, and btw, the Broncos ranked 7th vs the run... tied with the Seahawks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm sure if Brady had put that pass right in Edelman's hands and he dropped it,  we would all be talking about how Edelman sux.  How pivotal that play was for the offense to gain some momentum and blah, blah, blah.  LOL!

But since it was an awful pass thrown by the Greatest QB of all time then it wasn't on him because Edelman is not a "deep threat".   He only got wide open but just couldn't "run under the pass" that was thrown five yard past him.  Edelman sux.  LOL again!

[/QUOTE]

You're another idiot that needs to go on ignore. Your input here is pretty much worthless.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, says the biggest idiot on this board after rusty. salcon has more meaningful intelligent posts in 5% of his collection then you have had in your 19,000....18,000 of which have been trying to tear down BB! Go home dude.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best post of this thread.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they won Super Bowls with the defense that were 6th, 2nd, and 1st in points allowed and could shutdown some of the best offenses in NFL. In 2001, the Raiders were 4th in points and the Rams were 1st. In 2003, the Colts were 2nd and the Titans were 5th. In 2004, the Colts were 1st. Those defenses were awesome (especially '03 and '04) and the offenses were good enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect response. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abandoning the run after 2 series, midget receivers and midget dbs, it was like the Denver receivers had velcro hands

[/QUOTE]

Why would you stick with a run when you are down 17 points and getting 1.1 YC on your runs?

Think! I mean ... use your brain. 

[/QUOTE]

because it helps everything else, keeps Manning off the field, keeps the defense honest instead of teeing off..... keep your attitude Z....I see you're upset

[/QUOTE]

No offense Harley but ... 

No it does not. 

A sucessful (read that word) running game can keep an opposing QB ff the field. 

That is because first downs keep a QB off the field. 

This game featured 40 runs between both RB corps. It also featured 81 passes by both teams. Both teams passed over 35 times, and the winner (and clock time winner) passed more than the loser.

It also featured just 7 real drives per team. That is the s-hortest game New England has played all season, and the s-hortest since SB 46 that New England has played.

It's called ball control passing. S-hort passes. They are like runs, but they don't involve 10 other things going right.

And the Denver defense didn't do so well against the passing offense ... just the running offense. New England moved the ball once they sat Blount. 

First downs, consecutively, while you let the playclock wind down s hortens games!

This is a total myth that has nothing to do with real football in 2014 or beyond. It's a tired old saw from the 1970s before the Mel Blount rule, when QBs were lucky to complete 50% of their passes. 

[/QUOTE]

Haaa, until I read this gem. Balanced football is better for this "team" it leads to "first downs consecutively while you let the play clock wind down.".

And N.E moved the ball once Denver went to prevent D. We scored 3 points till then, and Joe absolutely broke it down for you in the beginning of this thread....Brady was off like he has been for his career in denver, all the more reason to stick with a power run game till you lose....which we have never done...sober up dude.

[/QUOTE]

They scored 3 points due to Blounts 1 foot per carry average on his first 3 runs and some ridiculous throw to Slater and some ill advised bombs on 3rd and 3 that they needed to get in rythem and move the chains initially.....

They played the entire game like they were behind.  BB knew his D wouldn't hold.

Therefore Pass, pass, pass.

LOL  1 foot per carry in 3 runs.  Do you really wonder why BB pulled him?  BWAHA

Blount 5/6

Brady 2/7

Pathetic

Nighty, night

PS, they go with what's working (obviously they had a little more success with the pass).  Last month had no bearing on this game. The D actually got off the field  then and they played bad run D's..

Give up the lunacy!  You'll sleep better.

Dang, it's late

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

"So your case is ... he missed two passes? In the first and second quarter?

Sorry ... incredibly weak. Really anemic. You need to come up with a better theory than that. The game doesn't swing on two missed passes. 

I can't go anywhere but there. 

SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO MAKE PLAYS. This team was Brady and a binch of s-hiiieet!"

But this is Brady's team. He has to carry them. He has to set the example. When teammates see that he is having an average day, they lose determination. It may suck, when you are the head honcho on the team, you have to go out there and have your A game every game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm sure if Brady had put that pass right in Edelman's hands and he dropped it,  we would all be talking about how Edelman sux.  How pivotal that play was for the offense to gain some momentum and blah, blah, blah.  LOL!

But since it was an awful pass thrown by the Greatest QB of all time then it wasn't on him because Edelman is not a "deep threat".   He only got wide open but just couldn't "run under the pass" that was thrown five yard past him.  Edelman sux.  LOL again!

You're another idiot that needs to go on ignore. Your input here is pretty much worthless.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, says the biggest idiot on this board after rusty. salcon has more meaningful intelligent posts in 5% of his collection then you have had in your 19,000....18,000 of which have been trying to tear down BB! Go home dude.

[/QUOTE]

I've had enough of your stupidity as well, TrueChump. You will never see another Lombardi as long as BB is GM. I ignore you.

Sections
Shortcuts