Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Who I'm Blaming: Mostly (besides the whole team) and Positives

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB just said it in his post game  " They have too many weapons for us to match up "   that says it all !

[/QUOTE]

And who has been shopping for our weapons? Did anybody ask him that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

alright you are right. I am just ovveracting to a bad throw which imo still should be made. i dont care, its playoffs. you need to make those plays. but yes he had nothing to throw to all day or no time.

[/QUOTE]

Manning missed throws too. Every QB does. It takes a perfect pass to hit Edelman over the shoulder like that because he is so -short. If he was 6' 2" there is more room for error. Brady errs long so it isn't picked.

[/QUOTE]

yeah I know.. maybe throwing a deep ball to Dobson would be better? I don't know. Playing calling wasn't the best imo. But Brady did play good for what he had today

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to qball369's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2 plays - have you guys ever considered that it is not shocking that a visiting QB might overthrow a few balls in Denver?

I was bummed on the Edelman overthrow  - the Collie throw, if he is throwing to a normal size target that is a catch

2 plays - in the 1st half - what did they have to do with the D allowing scores on EVERY possession except the first one?

[/QUOTE]

he was GOOD. not goat. sorry my standard is high sorry I'll drop them down

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is going to be goat with Edeman, Amendola and Hootawamanwhatever to throw to.

[/QUOTE]

very true, I go back on my word. just an overraction. that play is burned in my mind and  think it could've been a real changer

[/QUOTE]

That overthrow was a bummer, but Brady did not lose this game for the Pats on that throw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman is a touch SOB, but he's not a deep receiver.  Brady did overthrow him . . . but that's only because Edelman isn't a real deep threat.  A real deep threat would have caught up to that ball.  We need someone who can run under deep throws.  

[/QUOTE]

^-- This.  Those 2 "misses" by Brady didn't have a chance because they were being thrown to receivers who are not deep targets.  They don't have the straight line speed or the height or the ups that you need to haul in deep passes.  Deep throws are never "pinpoint"; they just look that way because deep threat receivers have the ability and know how to corral them.  Why do you think Matthew Slater was in on that first deep throw?  Even though he's not a good WR, he's a better DEEP threat than any of the slot guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are blaming Brady for a 64 completion percent, 2 Tds, and 94 rating? 

Really?

I mean, someone OTHER than Brady has to play the game dude. Get a grip. 

[/QUOTE]

.... Z i hate to talk about TB like this but, he was off. the edelman bomb, need to complete that. if so, its a whole different ball game.

the Collie was pass, if that was completed we could be getting 3 there and its 13-6 at half.

listen for a GOAT QB which is the standard I hold Brady to he did not have his best game. His stats are bloated from Denver going prevent and letting the easy pass open.

I love Brady dude, but he let me down on plays.

[/QUOTE]

So your case is ... he missed two passes? In the first and second quarter?

Sorry ... incredibly weak. Really anemic. You need to come up with a better theory than that. The game doesn't swing on two missed passes. 

I can't go anywhere but there. 

SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO MAKE PLAYS. This team was Brady and a binch of s-hiiieet!

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is a touch SOB, but he's not a deep receiver.  Brady did overthrow him . . . but that's only because Edelman isn't a real deep threat.  A real deep threat would have caught up to that ball.  We need someone who can run under deep throws.  

[/QUOTE]

You may be rigg about the deep threat, but Brady missed him and he was wide open.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's why you don't want to be throwing to small slot receivers 50 yards downfield.  QBs aren't that accurate on deep throws.  Completions require receivers who can get to the ball even if it's five or ten yards off target. 

[/QUOTE]

True, he seems to get under a lot of punts thou. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2 plays - have you guys ever considered that it is not shocking that a visiting QB might overthrow a few balls in Denver?

I was bummed on the Edelman overthrow  - the Collie throw, if he is throwing to a normal size target that is a catch

2 plays - in the 1st half - what did they have to do with the D allowing scores on EVERY possession except the first one?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is going to be goat with Edeman, Amendola and Hootawamanwhatever to throw to.

[/QUOTE]

very true, I go back on my word. just an overraction. that play is burned in my mind and  think it could've been a real changer

[/QUOTE]

Changer? 

Sorry. How does that impact Manning's 75 completion percent, all underneath, with boku RAC yards? How does that help a single DB stop a play? A single running back hit a hole? A single pass rusher even get a single rush (not even a  hand - no hits) on Manning? 

Every other aspect of the game failed. Brady was pretty much excellent given the time (seven drives) and weapons (who?) he had at his disposal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

alright you are right. I am just ovveracting to a bad throw which imo still should be made. i dont care, its playoffs. you need to make those plays. but yes he had nothing to throw to all day or no time.

[/QUOTE]

Manning missed throws too. Every QB does. It takes a perfect pass to hit Edelman over the shoulder like that because he is so -short. If he was 6' 2" there is more room for error. Brady errs long so it isn't picked.

[/QUOTE]

yeah I know.. maybe throwing a deep ball to Dobson would be better? I don't know. Playing calling wasn't the best imo. But Brady did play good for what he had today

[/QUOTE]

Let's just face it. Other than Gronk, who is hurt way too much, none of our receivers are all that hot.

And BB, GET RID OF THESE -SHORT GUYS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Changer? 

Sorry. How does that impact Manning's 75 completion percent, all underneath, with boku RAC yards? How does that help a single DB stop a play? A single running back hit a hole? A single pass rusher even get a single rush (not even a  hand - no hits) on Manning? 

Every other aspect of the game failed. Brady was pretty much excellent given the time (seven drives) and weapons (who?) he had at his disposal. 

[/QUOTE]

if he hits that ball the game could've gone a different way. We could've pulled in closer and maybe tried to run it a little more and keep our chit D off the field as much as possible not being down two scores.

if Brady was "excellent" why did we score 3 first half points? He was GOOD at best in first half and above average in the second half

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That overthrow was a bummer, but Brady did not lose this game for the Pats on that throw

[/QUOTE]

Not even remotely close ... it's someone who WANTS to bash Brady grasping at a straw ...

How about the missed block by Wendell on third down? 

How about the dropped balls?

How about the absolute faceplant by Ridley (again) and Blount?

How about the fact that Talib is a total nancy, and the rest of the defense has nothing after him?

How about Chandler Jones' late season disappearing act?

How about the 100 odd plays that happened AFTER that? What about those plays?

Nonsenesical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

.... Z i hate to talk about TB like this but, he was off. the edelman bomb, need to complete that. if so, its a whole different ball game.

the Collie was pass, if that was completed we could be getting 3 there and its 13-6 at half.

listen for a GOAT QB which is the standard I hold Brady to he did not have his best game. His stats are bloated from Denver going prevent and letting the easy pass open.

I love Brady dude, but he let me down on plays.

[/QUOTE]

Manning's stats were bloated from the Pats D playing prevent in the first quarter on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This is a great Post Mortem thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Aqib Talib- 2 biggest games of his Patriot career and he can't stay healthy. The moment he went out, the game changed on D. Thomas took that thing over. 2 catches for 55 on Dennard. cant blame dennard over matched there.

Tom Brady- see: inaccurate. The Edelman bomb, Collie bomb and even Dobson (i thought he had inside position on it), Vereen dump off, Edelman in the back of endzone all big misses. HE WAS GOOD, not GOAT though. that was it.

Run game- said it before and I'll say it again. BLount is boom or bust. give him the hole, best RB we have, if not.... Ridley is our best back

Pass Rushers- if Jones wants to be considered a above average or elite rusher he needs to get pressure on single blockers. he didn't do that.

Gameplan- wasn't good. BB even said it.

Positives: Jamie Collins looks legit, alotta potential there. Same with Hightower he's really turned around his season and looks good and can be great too.

Austin Collie needs a 3 year extension tmrw. guy was our best WR today outside Edelman. (amendola kinda disappointing)

Vereen & Ridley. I'm liking them next year. good 1-2 combo.

[/QUOTE]

Why not blame Wilfork?  Did you see the Broncos pound it right up the middle?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

There is ONLY ONE f'n person to blame!

Thanks BB!

[/QUOTE]

Where's your best pal, Queenie?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's just face it. Other than Gronk, who is hurt way too much, none of our receivers are all that hot.

[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but Gronk scares me.. I dont know if he'll ever make a full season the way he plays

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Changer? 

[/QUOTE]

if he hits that ball the game could've gone a different way. We could've pulled in closer and maybe tried to run it a little more and keep our chit D off the field as much as possible not being down two scores.

if Brady was "excellent" why did we score 3 first half points? He was GOOD at best in first half and above average in the second half

[/QUOTE]

Because they had 3 first half drives and thrww of them were wasted trying to get the ball to Blount? 

You can pin together a complete fractal of hypothetical situations all you want ... this game, no game comes down to one missed pass that is waaaay deep. 

If so Manning would have lost as well.

And pinning injuries, the failure of a defense, the running game, and Belichick's general managing on Brady ... over one pass is nonsensical.

Stop ... gain some perspective and THINK about the game. How many plays were there after that? How many first, second, third downs?

Stop and THINK.  

The only drive that scored was the drive where they opened it up and let Brady fly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

The defense played equally inept, so this was an equal opportunity stinkbomb. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Aqib Talib- 2 biggest games of his Patriot career and he can't stay healthy. The moment he went out, the game changed on D. Thomas took that thing over. 2 catches for 55 on Dennard. cant blame dennard over matched there.

Tom Brady- see: inaccurate. The Edelman bomb, Collie bomb and even Dobson (i thought he had inside position on it), Vereen dump off, Edelman in the back of endzone all big misses.

Run game- said it before and I'll say it again. BLount is boom or bust. give him the hole, best RB we have, if not.... Ridley is our best back

Pass Rushers- if Jones wants to be considered a above average or elite rusher he needs to get pressure on single blockers. he didn't do that.

Positives: Jamie Collins looks legit, alotta potential there. Same with Hightower he's really turned around his season and looks good and can be great too.

Austin Collie needs a 3 year extension tmrw. guy was our best WR today outside Edelman. (amendola kinda disappointing)

Vereen & Ridley. I'm liking them next year. good 1-2 combo.

[/QUOTE]

You are blaming Brady for a 64 completion percent, 2 Tds, and 94 rating? 

Really?

I mean, someone OTHER than Brady has to play the game dude. Get a grip. 

[/QUOTE]

yes !!!  fight fight fight....... Love this.........Pats fans now into blame game..... love it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I would like to see them keep Edelman, Dobson and Boyce and dump the rest but I'm sure Amendola will be back next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady didn't play well, sorry. He played like a backup for three quarters. They had what three points at the start of the 4th quarter. That's on him. They scored two TDs when the game was decided. His stats were accumulated in garbage time.

If a receiver is open, you hit him. Austin Collie is 6 ft tall, not a smurf. He's taller than Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Edelman is about the same size as those guys. He was wide open, an NFL QB HAS TO MAKE THAT PLAY. Stop making excuses.

[/QUOTE]

thank you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

There is ONLY ONE f'n person to blame!

Thanks BB!

[/QUOTE]

What happened to all the wins and Pats rule the football world? Pats fans are the real loseres here....... CRY CRY CRY CRY .. LOVE IT

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, get this. You're never going to see another Lombardi as long as BB is GM. Guaranteed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie was out of the NFL until the Pats got desperate. When will we realize that teams win championships with quality players, not old broken down parts and undrafted guys from community colleges in North Dakota. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a timing sideline play that NFL QBs throw a bit out of bounds all the time. Pinning the whole game on a couple of throws is ridiculous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I dont think anyone is pinning the game on a couple throws.... I think the biggest blame goes to gameplan & Talibs injury, the chit Defense and the offense. which is everyone which INCLUDES Brady. now he made plays, yes, but Denver's D still didn't impress me the playcalling just sucked

Sections
Shortcuts