who is Ben Volin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

who is Ben Volin?

He's all over the news stating Hern didn't fit in with the Patriot way. He was hired out of Miami in April of this year. What does he know about the Patriots locker room or the Patriot way. frankly i'm sick of him sounding like he knows it all when it comes to the Patriots. Keep sucking up Ben maybe ESPN will come calling.

he's employed by Boston . com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: who is Ben Volin?

Look Below....Enough said..(laugh)

Ben VolinBen Volin  Verified account @BenVolin

National NFL writer at the Boston Globe, by way of DC, Emory, U of Florida and the Palm Beach Post. Last name rhymes with ''stolen.'' ben.volin@globe.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Look Below....Enough said

Ben VolinBen Volin  Verified account @BenVolin

National NFL writer at the Boston Globe, by way of DC, Emory, U of Florida and the Palm Beach Post. Last name rhymes with ''stolen.'' ben.volin@globe.com

saw him on CNN doesn't look anything like his twitter advatar

just don't like this guy he's saying stuff I don't think he can back up.  Give me the Boston regulars even if I disagree with them many times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In order to know what's going on, someone must be born and bred in New England?

What has he said about the Pats' locker room or the falsehood that is the Patriot Way?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In order to know what's going on, someone must be born and bred in New England?

What has he said about the Pats' locker room or the falsehood that is the Patriot Way?

[/QUOT

O shut ***** up and go back to where ever you were before you decided to come on this message board . He s BEEN HERE since APRIL when has he had the chance to be in THE PATRIOTS locker room!!!!! he acts like he knows everything about the Patriots but all he knows is what he had read .. bring back betard!

I don t need to tell you just read his TWEETS!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

O shut ***** up and go back to where ever you were before you decided to come on this message board . He s BEEN HERE since APRIL when has he had the chance to be in THE PATRIOTS locker room!!!!! he acts like he knows everything about the Patriots but all he knows is what he had read .. bring back betard!

I don t need to tell you just read his TWEETS!

I read a lot of his tweets.  They are about the Hernandez ordeal mostly.  I didn't see anything portraying an intricate knowledge of the Pats locker room.  He mentioned the Matt Light statement, but then again, who didn't?

What did he tweet that has irked you so?

(As for me going back to where I came from, deal with this, sister.  My account at BDC has gotten much use over the years.  I'll post where I damn well please.)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

You only post on the Bruins board. I am active on the music board, here, some over on your dorky fanboy run Bruins board, and a bit on the Sox board, which is somewhat annoying.

So, don't lie.   Your account gets as much use as your hand in your pants.

How does 15K posts equal not a lot of use?

I wonder how many posts you have.  Considering you've had approximately 71 accounts banned for being such an undying deeeeeeeebag, and those 71 account last for about 10 days each, and in those 10 days, you can ring up 600 posts (and you say we have no life!), my math says you have about 42,000 posts.  #whataloser

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. Actually this thread should be retitled-Who Tfk are Not-a-Shot and Nedbarden? Who drudged these guys up from the dredge

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Not sure. Is he the cousin of Johnny Guitar?

Living well is the best revenge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You can't trust a paper based in NY to be honest about NE sports, this kid probably got hired for the same reason most useless, poser writers do; nepotism.  He looks like a knob in his picture, really, are you on your phone with your best shades on or is it just a prop?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

LOL. Actually this thread should be retitled-Who Tfk are Not-a-Shot and Nedbarden? Who drudged these guys up from the dredge

Ned is RidewithTheKing, RidewithTheKing2, Bassfishing, Bassfishing2, Clifford Was Here, Dusty Bottoms, Speckles Galore (or whatever) and the rest of them.

I'm a Boston man, lurker here, active member on the Bruins side.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just to flesh out wozzy's point a little bit:

Journalism doesn't exist anymore.

Who is Ben Volin?

He's you or me or some other guy who had the right contacts to get a nothing job that anyone can do at the level it is now done in a dying industry that no longer even pretends to have any kind of professional standards.

Hear me now and believe me later: The news died the day "sources" replaced actual, verifiable attribution.

In short, Ben Volin is nothing.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Did they actually remove my "there is no "I" in "violin" remark?

Okay, I guess it was kind of lame . . .  but it did make me chuckle a bit . . . or maybe it was just the wine last night . . . 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Just to flesh out wozzy's point a little bit:

Journalism doesn't exist anymore.

Who is Ben Volin?

He's you or me or some other guy who had the right contacts to get a nothing job that anyone can do at the level it is now done in a dying industry that no longer even pretends to have any kind of professional standards.

Hear me now and believe me later: The news died the day "sources" replaced actual, verifiable attribution.

In short, Ben Volin is nothing.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

I agree with most of what you've said.  For sure journalism is dead.  But it's not because of "sources".  Arguably one of the biggest stories in U.S. history (Watergate) was fed largely from the source "Deep Throat".  We've been in a downward spiral ever since that time, accelerating rapidly in recent years.

Sports journalism has declined with the general news media.  There was a time when the Boston Globe itself had a Mt. Rushmore of columnists covering the 4 major sports.  No longer.

Part of it is economics.   The Globe is for sale again, along with "papers' across the country.  In the chase for the bottom line it's less expensive than ever before to put out a story on the internet.

Part of it is discernable quality.   People who have busy lives have an increasingly difficult time determining whether Outlet A's story is more accurate/believable than Outlet B.  The media wouldn't be able to get away with this if they were selling widgets, because the quality would speak for itself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Did they actually remove my "there is no "I" in "violin" remark?

Okay, I guess it was kind of lame . . .  but it did make me chuckle a bit . . . or maybe it was just the wine last night . . . 

There is a mod who runs a shift here who is more Draconian than Goodell.   He/she will delete things that in no way break board rules.

Meanwhile, Babe runs around calling me and anyone else who isn't inflating their 3rd Brady blowup doll of the day, a "dumbkoff".

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's Mr. Volin . . . and he didn't like me making fun of his name . . . 

Volin has stolen my post . . . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Oh boy, they deleted your post in the time it took me to respond to it.  Don't mess with this Volin dude.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

^^^^And this tool claimed to get a "handy" in the balcony of the old Boston Garden on a Tuesday night in February of 1985. lmao

Mel Witt and I were in tears of that little doozy last week.

Do not feed the troll. Slap and move on.

Well, Rusty, that's just a bold faced lie.  Yet another creation of your storytelling.  I never mentioned anything about the day of the week, the month or the year.

The rest is true.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.