Who is Better? Manning or Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Who is Better? Manning or Brady?

Interesting poll, of course it is on a Patriots so Brady comes out tops: But who is better?

Who do you think is better, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?
    Brady. He's got more rings, and that's what counts.
    75.2%
    Manning. Look at the numbers, and don't penalize him because he doesn't have Belichick.
    24.8%
    Total votes: 1063

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Who is Better? Manning or Brady?

In Response to Who is Better? Manning or Brady?:
    [QUOTE]Interesting poll, of course it is on a Patriots so Brady comes out tops: But who is better? Who do you think is better, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Brady. He's got more rings, and that's what counts. 75.2% Manning. Look at the numbers, and don't penalize him because he doesn't have Belichick. 24.8% Total votes: 1063
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE

I find the don't blame Manning because he doesn't have BB funny. As if Dungy was a crappy coach and the Colts have never had good receivers, running backs or defense. Call it the Dan Marino excuse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Both QB's are among the all-time greatest to play the game and first ballot HoF locks.  I just enjoy the fact we get to watch such great players.  I like Brady for his "win" factor, but both QB's are just great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I've been criticized for my feelings on this.  Some of you have suggested its based on man-crush or something more, so I'll refrain from my obvious answer and legitimate supporting statements and just say they both exhibit significant positives.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Better? Manning or Brady?:
    [
     I find the don't blame Manning because he doesn't have BB funny. As if Dungy was a crappy coach and the Colts have never had good receivers, running backs or defense. Call it the Dan Marino excuse
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

I agree, all of a sudden to use not having BB as the reason for less rings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I've been criticized for my feelings on this.  Some of you have suggested its based on man-crush or something more, so I'll refrain from my obvious answer and legitimate supporting statements and just say they both exhibit significant positives.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

You know when Peyton reads this he is gonna cry man! You are cold dogg ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I don't think I have ever read that the reason for Brady's rings vs. Manning's has to do with Belichick, although in some cases I think you could read into it that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

[QUOTE]I've been criticized for my feelings on this.  Some of you have suggested its based on man-crush or something more, so I'll refrain from my obvious answer and legitimate supporting statements and just say they both exhibit significant positives.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I might have said Manning until those recent Chargers games... that is, I really was let down with just how bad the Colts in general looked, but much like the Pats in 2005... I was happy seeing the Colts lose, but still upset because I felt like I was cheated, or that there is no way players that good should just be made to look 'that' bad... especially if you just get this sense it is because it is Peyton missing a wide open Wayne or whatnot... as in, the unforced errors you just aren't used to seeing them make....  it isn't any fun if they are just getting dominated or anything, especially if it is guys like Sproles or Volek doing the work...

I suppose I was reminded of this last week in that Miami game with a few of those long Brady to Moss attempts... e.g., did anyone even remotely consider Moss would get outjumped for a ball or that, gulp, the DB would have come down with it before Moss? I know, that's just one or two plays before Moss makes that unbelievable one handed grab, but how many times have we just seen Brady look uncharacteristically off as compared to 2007... perhaps that is at least a good sign there is room for improvement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'll go with answer C. Todd Marinovich.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Physics - I going to have to disagree with you and this is where I get in to trouble on this board when I defend Manning, but here goes. 

2008 playoff game in Indy.  Manning  was 33-48 / 402 yds / 3 tds / 2 ints. 

The ints were the following:
    *last play of the first half hail mary, no harm. 
    *off the stone hands of Kenton Keith on a screen at the SD 5 yd line that dropped int the hands of an SD defender laying the ground.  
    *neither of those plays can be put on Manning.  

2009 playoff game in SD.  Manning 25-42 / 310 yds / 1 td / 0 int
    * this game was less about Manning and more about Scifres and Sproles. 
    * Scifres kicked inside the 10 yd line 4 times. 
    * Sproles was able to return punts from the SD 40 into colts territory multiple times giving the chargers a short field.

There is no doubt that Manning can look bad sometimes, and I think it is because he is trying to do too much, but I don't think that where these 2 games are concerned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Why aren't we looking at the important Things like who gets the better women?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This really is a stupid question. Of course Pats fans will say Brady and Colts fans will say Manning. I'll know which TEAM is better after sunday night.

The only question that can be answered with total undeniable logic is '' which QB has more rings '', Brady leads 3 to 1, the end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

this is old. i'll go with MANNING... yep, since he has the inferior winning percentage during both the regular and playoff seasons, has less rings, and threw 100 Ints his first 5 seasons. y go with brady who has the HIGHEST reg season winning percentage (78%) in history, and the first to ever reach 200tds with under 100 ints? yeah, y go there? brady has dominated peyton head to head overall. had brady been with indy and peyton with pats, brady still has atleast 3 rings and peyton ONE. brady has dominated on every surface imaginable, in every condition, temperature, and time zone. at night, daytime, on the moon, throwing with tennis balls,, flag football, just 5 on 5, tossing around the hottest gals, or whatever... can u smell sarcasm? with brady, its not even a question anymore.. he is the BEST of his era and the greatest of all times. peyton gets in there for times like NOW... is he better this season, at this moment? "yeah, by a nose... until after SUNDAY night!" happy now? in big pic is peyton betta? NO! NO! NO! NEVER! NEVER! in conclusion, is peyton BETTER at stinking? YES! YES! YES!

is cyndi lauper better than madonna? is the nail better than the hammer? is clyde drexler better than MJ? come on... enough with the weak kool aid. peyton's a good #2. he;s the marino to brady's montana at best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Thank goodness they finally deleted that psychotic thread.  Why does this board attract such monsters?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

I don't know mighty we've both have been here awhile and seen some dozzies but swifty was right up there as an all time meany.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

God, don't you guys get tired of these threads?  We sure do on the Colts boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]God, don't you guys get tired of these threads?  We sure do on the Colts boards.
    Posted by coltiniraq[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree, although Adam Schefter's 10-Spot article on ESPN turned me onto this article, which is EXCELLENT:

You should give it a read.  Despite reiterating what we already know, it's extraordinarily well written.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The stakes are so high . . . right ow in Idaho, under a mountain, are the children of singing family band . . .should we choose the wrong one, they will be executed post haste . . .

. . .  and of course it will be decided by whomever prevails this sunday, until next time they face, when another family of singing children will need to be abducted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brighton44. Show brighton44's posts

Look at the numbers? Are you soft? How about looking at the players around each QB. Brady has done A LOT more with A LOT less in his career.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know mighty we've both have been here awhile and seen some dozzies but swifty was right up there as an all time meany.
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel bad for him.  Too bad you can't correct someone's upbringing with a few posts.  Speaking of his posts, they all disappeared everywhere.  I just had this feeling that would happen...  

I've added his account to my automated anti-Leon web crawler abuse reporter (pheww).  That will keep him busy.  It seems to have done a good job of limiting how much vomit Leon/Togah-2009 can put on the board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wait why talk about Brady being better then Manning? Brady has the highest winning % in NFL HISTORY! Brady is better then everybody!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Better? Manning or Brady? : Yeah, I feel bad for him.  Too bad you can't correct someone's upbringing with a few posts.  Speaking of his posts, they all disappeared everywhere.  I just had this feeling that would happen...   I've added his account to my automated anti-Leon web crawler abuse reporter (pheww).  That will keep him busy.  It seems to have done a good job of limiting how much vomit Leon/Togah-2009 can put on the board.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

It just makes you wonder what makes a person that offensive. I've gotten into with a few but not to that extreme. One of my posts that was part that exchange I want to say again.  

Thanks for your service dj and I too took bullet though under totally different circumstances.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's funny, when people are trying to attack Belichick on being the greatest coach in NFL history they always say- Well, he had a great QB in Tom Brady, just look at what he did in Cleveland. Now when the question arises on who is the better QB, it's Tom who would be nowhere without Belichick. 

A friend of mine is a Colts fan, here are some of his reasons why Peyton is better than Tom. 

1.) Brady has a good O-Line, he has too much time to throw. I know, like Manning has sack numbers that are comprable to David Carr. 
    2.)Brady would be nowhere without Randy Moss in 07 because Moss nearly caught half of Brady 50 (23) TDs, and Manning didn't have a receiver with more than 15. When you have one of the top 5 receivers to ever play the game of Football on one side, an upcoming star receiver at the other, and Dallas Clark as your TE, you have more options than Brady did in 2007. 
    3.)Brady's always had a great defense. The Colts might have had a better defense than the Patriots in the past 4 years, but the only have 1 ring to show for it. 

Most people just hate Tom Brady because he has it all-- he is a Superbowl MVP winning QB, he is married to a supermodel, he is considered to be a good-looking guy--, and they can relate to Peyton more. They know Brady is the better QB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

is that the best you can do?say something we havent already heard.

Sections
Shortcuts