Who is Better? Manning or Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Who is Better? Manning or Brady?

You know what - I give up on this question.  I'm tired of it.  These guys are both great.  Special for their own reasons.  One with 3 SB's and 1 MVP and one with 3 MVP's and 1 SB.  Just am worn out on the discussion. 

Here's the question the question to answer.  Who's better Pats or Colts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Would your question include the Baltimore Colts or the more recent Indianapolis version? I ask because the history of the Baltimore Colts has some great moments
    like the greatest game ever played the 1958 championship against the Giants, SB 3 against the Jets, and the SB win against the Cowboys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, how many times are we going to see a string about Brady V Manning?  For one, there never will be anything but opinions and what do we think we'll see on a Pats board?  Manning Love?  Both are REAL good, let's enjoy it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Better? Manning or Brady?:
    Why aren't we looking at the important Things like who gets the better women?
    Posted by ewhite1065
    I'm glad you recognize the priorities....Also in a few months we have proof positive that Brady is not just talking football to her !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mannning has the better numbers because of this factoid, but Tommy girl's comfort playing on the infamous frozen fish guts of Foxborough until the past three seasons has a great deal to do with his wins.  Now that you have joined the rest of the NFL and put down some decent turf, his numbers are still less than Manning's, and so are his wins, and his health.  You had your hay day with McGinnest, Harrison, Vrabel, Brusci, Seymour, et al playing your home games on a field that gave you every bit as much of a home advantage as any dome gives the home team.  And since you put down state of the art turf, I don't see any rings.  Of ourse, that could also have something to do with the enforcement of the five yard checking rule that you whined about being enforced after your dispicable raping of Marvin Harrison, or the league being wise to your fake injuries, tuck rules and videogate.  At least four or five of your victories over the Colts have come from ridiculous no-calls in the secondary, so you might consider that when you look at the numbers.  But you won't because you'll resort to talking about noise being pumped in on the pa system.  How utterly lame and chowderesque.  Do you take into account Tommy girl and BB essentially window-peeping on other teams defensive plans when you say he's the best?  Didn't think so.  And now Tommy has the below the knee rule to turn to when he gets sacked.  Have you ever noticed Peyton Manning even once limping off the field?  Have you noticed him missing a snap?  Have you noticed him turning to the ref and whining that someone tackled him?  He's a frigging oak tree, and the Patsies have tackled him as dirty and stepped on his hands when he was getting up more than any other team.  Tommy is a primadona, and his time is through.  He might win some big games, and he might even go deep into the post season again, but he better enjoy his three rings because they are all he'll get.  The game has changed, the field has changed and unless they let him start playing in a bubble like he's some kind of china doll, he's probably going to have more health problems unless the league starts making the qb wear flags and prohibits looking at them wrong.  Then Tommy will cement his legacy as being the prettiest and the most delicate to go along with having an overrated wife who looks like a man from the neck up.         
    Posted by TheCurtainStainer

God, I hate Steeler's fans. You are not the team of the decade, if the Colts win the Superbowl this year they automatically jump the Steelers as the number 2 team of the decade. Shut up, and learn to be humble that you've won all your SB without facing the Patriots on the way. I expect to see the Colts in the AFCC, you guys, we shall see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The only thing that matters is who wins this Sunday. Does anything really make a difference about what happened in the past? I know it's cool to break down the stats but when you really get down to it, all that matters is this Sunday night at 8pm. 
    The Pats are going to win this game because they have to. When BB and TB get their backs against the wall they always perform. This is where you'll see a difference in coaching. Experience will start showing over the next few weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

You know what - I give up on this question.  I'm tired of it.  These guys are both great.  Special for their own reasons.  One with 3 SB's and 1 MVP and one with 3 MVP's and 1 SB.  Just am worn out on the discussion.  Here's the question the question to answer.  Who's better Pats or Colts?
    Posted by underdogg

Good post Dogg.  I respect your integrity on this one.  Both Indy and Boston are lucky to have the great teams we have ahd over the years.  I'm sure we both remember when our teams sucked for years and years.  I'm with you on the Brady v Manning debate.  It can never be answered.  They're both great.  I find the debate tired and boring.  It actually pisses me off just to see or hear people talking about it.  Let's just watch a good game that win or lose, should not hurt either teams chances at getting in the playoffs.  Good luck to ya.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You know what - I give up on this question.  I'm tired of it.  These guys are both great.  Special for their own reasons.  One with 3 SB's and 1 MVP and one with 3 MVP's and 1 SB.  Just am worn out on the discussion.  Here's the question the question to answer.  Who's better Pats or Colts?
    Posted by underdogg

This might be your best post ever Dogg.  I mean really, we're talking about two of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.  You will never objectively decide who is the best.  There are just too many variables.  I look at this as Bird vs. Magic Johnson.  Both great players and a blast to watch go at each other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Mannning has the better numbers because of this factoid, but Tommy girl's comfort playing on the infamous frozen fish guts of Foxborough until the past three seasons has a great deal to do with his wins.  Now that you have joined the rest of the NFL and put down some decent turf, his numbers are still less than Manning's, and so are his wins, and his health.  You had your hay day with McGinnest, Harrison, Vrabel, Brusci, Seymour, et al playing your home games on a field that gave you every bit as much of a home advantage as any dome gives the home team.  And since you put down state of the art turf, I don't see any rings.  Of ourse, that could also have something to do with the enforcement of the five yard checking rule that you whined about being enforced after your dispicable raping of Marvin Harrison, or the league being wise to your fake injuries, tuck rules and videogate.  At least four or five of your victories over the Colts have come from ridiculous no-calls in the secondary, so you might consider that when you look at the numbers.  But you won't because you'll resort to talking about noise being pumped in on the pa system.  How utterly lame and chowderesque.  Do you take into account Tommy girl and BB essentially window-peeping on other teams defensive plans when you say he's the best?  Didn't think so.  And now Tommy has the below the knee rule to turn to when he gets sacked.  Have you ever noticed Peyton Manning even once limping off the field?  Have you noticed him missing a snap?  Have you noticed him turning to the ref and whining that someone tackled him?  He's a frigging oak tree, and the Patsies have tackled him as dirty and stepped on his hands when he was getting up more than any other team.  Tommy is a primadona, and his time is through.  He might win some big games, and he might even go deep into the post season again, but he better enjoy his three rings because they are all he'll get.  The game has changed, the field has changed and unless they let him start playing in a bubble like he's some kind of china doll, he's probably going to have more health problems unless the league starts making the qb wear flags and prohibits looking at them wrong.  Then Tommy will cement his legacy as being the prettiest and the most delicate to go along with having an overrated wife who looks like a man from the neck up.         

Brady is 24 and 3 over the last 3 seasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Is this the dumbest question in sports or what? And it's been all over 98.5 and 850 the whole flippin' week. I'd take Brady as my quarterback over that goober in Indy any day, but can I say Brady's definitely better than Manning? No, they're both damn good and since they haven't played in exactly the same situations there's no objective way to compare. I think it comes down to a question of personality, and Brady just seems way cooler to me than that goofball in Indiana.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Physics - I going to have to disagree with you and this is where I get in to trouble on this board when I defend Manning, but here goes.  2008 playoff game in Indy.  Manning  was 33-48 / 402 yds / 3 tds / 2 ints.  The ints were the following: *last play of the first half hail mary, no harm.  *off the stone hands of Kenton Keith on a screen at the SD 5 yd line that dropped int the hands of an SD defender laying the ground.   *neither of those plays can be put on Manning.   2009 playoff game in SD.  Manning 25-42 / 310 yds / 1 td / 0 int * this game was less about Manning and more about Scifres and Sproles.  * Scifres kicked inside the 10 yd line 4 times.  * Sproles was able to return punts from the SD 40 into colts territory multiple times giving the chargers a short field. There is no doubt that Manning can look bad sometimes, and I think it is because he is trying to do too much, but I don't think that where these 2 games are concerned.
    Posted by underdogg

Well, look, I admit I think this is that whole 'the QB gets the credit' deal.

I'd agree, that Keith play was not Manning's fault, but anyone can look up those games on youtube and I do think it isn't just a case of 'interceptions'... Manning just looked 'off' despite those numbers... It isn't sometimes the the 30 that you complete, but the two backbreakers that you miss an open guy... Perhaps my expectations for Manning are just much higher because he is that good. I suppose I just never expect him to miss guys who are open, let alone some of those actual picks which probably does say a lot about how much better he is that others... so when he finally looks like the rest of the pack, he's penalized more by me for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

They are both terrible.  I can't wait until this week is over so this discussion vanishes until the playoffs, and I am a total Brady rumpswab.  Just fondly remembering the Scott Secules, Tommy "Hot Rod" Hodson, Hugh Millen, Matt Cavanugh days...Ugh!!  How bad it was for so many years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

God, don't you guys get tired of these threads?  We sure do on the Colts boards.
    Posted by coltiniraq

why don't you stay there then, looser troll?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Brady has played seven full seasons.  In those seven seasons he has:

-Gone to four Super Bowls

-Led the league in yards twice

-Led the league in TD's twice

-Holds the record for TD's in a season

Manning has played 11 full seasons. In those 11 seasons he has

-Gone to one Super Bowl

-Led the league in yards twice

-Led the league in TD's three times

At this point in thier careers I have to go with Brady, 4 superbowl appearances in seven seasons is an incredible number.  I know Super Bowls aren't the only thing that matters- but they do matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

got credibility?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Here's all you need to know;

Brady, 3 superbowl wins.

manning, 1 tainted SB win (as a result of the 2006 AFC championship game, won only through a NFL acknowledged bad call that resulted in a gift TD to the colts).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Better? Manning or Brady? : Brady is 24 and 3 over the last 3 seasons.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

Pretty much sums it up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Brady has played seven full seasons.  In those seven seasons he has: -Gone to four Super Bowls -Led the league in yards twice -Led the league in TD's twice -Holds the record for TD's in a season Manning has played 11 full seasons. In those 11 seasons he has -Gone to one Super Bowl -Led the league in yards twice -Led the league in TD's three times At this point in thier careers I have to go with Brady, 4 superbowl appearances in seven seasons is an incredible number.  I know Super Bowls aren't the only thing that matters- but they do matter.
    Posted by shenanigan

Good post: It is all about the facts. Not the teams, not the coaches, but the facts of the results each one has gained. Both have impressive stats but Brady's are better.

The other intangible for me is the guts. Brady has proven time and again that if given the ball on last minute drives he will get his team the win. Not every time, but better than anyone else in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts