Who is going to be the sixth playoff team in the AFC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Who is going to be the sixth playoff team in the AFC?

Barring some unforseeable meltdown by the Texans, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos or Patriots, I see those 5 teams making the playoffs easily. With the AFC being so weak this year, the battle for a higher draft pick is more competitve than the battle for the second wild card team. Right now the Dolphins seem to be in the driver seat but Tannehill could be hurt. Are the Colts and Luck legit contenders? Can the Bengals be mediocre enough to make it into the playoffs again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Who is going to be the sixth playoff team in the AFC?

My preseason pick was Oakland, I guess I will stick with them for now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

I think the Colts can steal the 6th seed. Right now, their 4-3 and have a home game against the dolphins coming up then a game at Jacksonville which can put them at 6-3 possilbly. Then they come to New England, and while the Pats should beat them easily, don't forget the Colts only lost by  7 points when they came here last year, and this year they're a much better team. Then they have a home game against Buffalo, on the road at Detorit, and home vs the Titans. That could put them at 8-5. Then they play at the Texans which should be a loss, then they play the chiefs who will be fighting for the number 1 pick so that should be an easy win. Then in week 17 they are home against the Texans who will likely be resting key players and Indianapolis could steal that one, which would put them at 10-6. I think that'd be good enough to get them in the playoffs. A game that really hurt them was in week 2 when they blew a 14-3 lead vs the Jaguars at home. If they had won that, they'd be standing at 5-2 with 2 easy games up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

I think the Colts can steal the 6th seed. Right now, their 4-3 and have a home game against the dolphins coming up then a game at Jacksonville which can put them at 6-3 possilbly. Then they come to New England, and while the Pats should beat them easily, don't forget the Colts only lost by  7 points when they came here last year, and this year they're a much better team. Then they have a home game against Buffalo, on the road at Detorit, and home vs the Titans. That could put them at 8-5. Then they play at the Texans which should be a loss, then they play the chiefs who will be fighting for the number 1 pick so that should be an easy win. Then in week 17 they are home against the Texans who will likely be resting key players and Indianapolis could steal that one, which would put them at 10-6. I think that'd be good enough to get them in the playoffs. A game that really hurt them was in week 2 when they blew a 14-3 lead vs the Jaguars at home. If they had won that, they'd be standing at 5-2 with 2 easy games up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Hard to stick with Oakland after having seen them play. I would say the Dolphins have the inside track. If they could manage a split with the Patriots that would be huge for them. I am assuming the final AFC will be 8-8 at this point.

Whoever is that 6th seed could easily be the Patriots first round opponent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

My preseason prediction was the following:

AFC East Champs - Patriots

AFC North Champs - Ravens

AFC West Champs - Broncos

AFC South Champs - Texans

Wild Cards: Steelers, Chargers

However, I'm thinking twice about the Chargers now...they have looked very poor the past couple of weeks, even losing to the Browns 7-6.

As to who will take their place, I really cannot say. I'd say the Colts, Dolphins, or Raiders if the Chargers don't step it up soon.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'd say the Dolphins take the last spot.  It's only the halfway point, but I project Texans #1 seed and Pats #2.  If it plays out that way I'd love to see the Broncos go to Houston with PM playing in a dome and beating the Texans then coming to Foxboro and getting buried in a snowstorm game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think Miami. They play good defense and that should help them in the long haul.

Im still picking the Jets to finish last in the east at 4-12

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.