Who is Most Responsible For Saints SB Win?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Who is Most Responsible For Saints SB Win?

Is it Drew Brees? Head coach Sean Payton? Perhaps the more cruel among you would argue that its' Peyton Manning. 

NAY!!!! The man most responsible for the Saints' success is the head coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, the reigning BCS College Football champion. His name is Nick Saban. 

Lest we forget, in 2006, Saban was serving as head coach and general manager of the Miami Dolphins. It was he who made the decision to forego signing Drew Brees, who, at the time, badly wanted to be a Dolphin. Instead, Saban decided to gamble on the wounded knee of Daunte Culpepper.

The now banished Saban, who is hatefully referred to as Nick "Satan" in South Florida, surely should be toasted on Bourbon Street: http://www.al.com/sportsflash/index.ssf?/base/sports-211/1265166268202860.xml&storylist=alabamasports         

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Who is Most Responsible For Saints SB Win?

Well I don't know tht he is responsible for theSaints winning, but he may be responisible for Miami losing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Yep, Brees had two suitors, Miami and New Orleans.  I couldn't believe it at the time that he only had two teams interested in him.  I don't think at the time that Brees was real happy about the Saints gig.  It was the only place for him to go.  I think everyone is pretty happy about it now!  After seeing Brees perform these last couple of years it probably hurts if you're a Dolphin fan.  I now it would bother me.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Funny joke. All kidding aside, I think Brees should have been the regular season MVP, and it showed last night.

But coming from someone who follows the Saints, the man most responsible for the Saints' season is Greg Williams -- he took a defense with mediocre talent and made it 'good enough' to carry the little slack that their powerhouse offense gives. He also coached and called plays in an integral way to how the offense runs, which is underrated. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@zbellino....did you hear Sean Payton when he was handing the trophy to Brees.  He said I want to hand this off to the SB MVP and the leagues MVP Drew Brees. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Blame Dr. Andrews. He is the one who counseled Saban on Brees and Culpepper and Saban went with Culpepper.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

what about that play vilma made in coverage... he covered like thirty yards before knocking the ball down

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Enoch:

According to the article I posted above, unnamed "team doctors" for the Dolphins counselled Saban to go with Culpepper. Dr. Andrews believed that Brees could return to 100%:

From that article:

"Culpepper, too, was coming off a significant injury at the time, a knee injury that had limited him to seven games with the Vikings in the 2005 season....but several people who were in the Dolphins organization then said in recent days that the team's doctors told Saban that Culpepper's chances of making a quick and complete recovery were better than Brees'..." 

"Dr. Andrews was very confident in Drew's ability to come back," Loomis said Tuesday. "I had another doctor tell me he'd seen similar injuries in baseball and the first year Drew might not be 100 percent, but by Year Two he should be fine. If you draft a quarterback, it's going to take him two years to get him ready to play anyway. I never had any doctor say to me, 'No, absolutely not.' But there were different opinions on how long it would take."

I wonder if those Dolphins "team doctors" are still the team's doctors??
     LOL!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

zbellino

i agree Brees should have been the season MVP this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

TEAM WIN  - but Brees is the most responsible of course as the QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Gregg Williams, D Coordinator.  His D shut down the vaunted Colts offense and made adjustments where necessary to stop the Colts unexpected run game.

The halftime adjustments were what the Pats used to be famous for.

Strong personality and respected by his players. Redskins had him in line to be head coach last year, but went with Zorn as Dan Snyder feared he would lose the chance to meddle.

Colts next year favorites?? LOL
    Bring 'em on, puppy dog. (or is it doggg??)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Definitely a team win. Whether or not you want to include Manning in that team is up to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I never bought him (Saban) as a NFL head coach kind of like Pete Carrol though Pete atleast had success that could be attributed to him.

In my opinion I think it is a 3 way tie... Greg Williams is 1A, Sean Peyton is 1B, and Drew Brees is 1C.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

DC in the 4th quarter. Payton's playcalling in 2nd half and Brees as MVP.  The big loser is A J Smith for letting Brees go and throwing all his chips behind Rivers and Norv Turner. LT is done, Merriman could be gone, and the HC is still Norv Turner. The window on SD winning a Super Bowl has not closed, but their window is being slowly shut. The teams in the AFC West (Raiders excluded) are all getting better. I always felt Brees was an elite QB (fantasy this year) and he proved it to everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Gayton Manning!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Most Responsible For Saints SB Win?:
    @zbellino....did you hear Sean Payton when he was handing the trophy to Brees.  He said I want to hand this off to the SB MVP and the leagues MVP Drew Brees. 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

HAHAHAHA, I caught that and it was AWESOME! I'm so glad the Saints won.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I live in Miami and I was watching the game at my friends house with all Dolphin fans and when the comentator brought that up I smiled and patted my boy on the back. He's like...."ahhhhh(deep sigh), im trying to forget that." I love that story because it hits Dolphin fans hard hahahahaha. I hate the Dolphins, Thank you Saban (he was the one who made the ultimate decision to go for Culpepper) Go Pats!!!!