Who is Phil Costa? A Bozo, That's Who

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Re: Who is Phil Costa? A Bozo, That's Who

another guy on another team that just doesn't get it..

a few of the cowboys have come out and said that they have the game plan to shut down the patriots completely and that they are chomping at the bit to play. 

bring it

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I agree with Killa. Too much overreaction about what other team's players say here. Not every guy in the league is going to take the Belichick approach and just say he's a great player. What do you want him to say? Nah, I'm not ready, Wilfork's out of my league?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

This is the same guy who atleast twice this season couldn't remember the snap count and snapped the ball before Romo was ready while in the shotgun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Costa is a deam man walking...it's one thing for Spears to talk smack, but this guy...just a brain dead rookie..LMAO...tourure time for the rook!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I have no problem with the confidence but why bother providing bulletin board material?  And Costa has no room to talk about anyone.  Anybody see the MNF game against the Redskins where Costa constantly snapped the ball before Romo yelled hike?  The guy is an idiot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Killa, I love your enthusiasm and insight but don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to knock ESPN in your tagline but use one of their magazine covers as your avatar??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

You don't have to call the other guy/team a name. Just say your confident and ready to play. I mean seriously calling VW a "Speed Bump". Everybody has up and down games. A sufficiantly motivated VW is not what you want when your QB is wearing a Kevlar vest to protect broken ribs. VW should just bum rush his a.s.s on the first play and drive Romo into the ground. Take the 15 but tell Romo who to thank..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Wilfork will run him over more times then not. Going to be fun to watch!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Phil Costa? A Bozo, That's Who:
    [QUOTE]I am surprised some are saying it's an "overreaction". I would be incensed if one of our players was tweeting and disrespecting the opponent.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed too if it was a Patriots player but since its a Dallas player I'm not going to get too worked up about it

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]This seems like a none story to me. He wanted to sound confident rather then afraid and so he made light of the situation, its not exactly Cromartie calling Brady and A hole.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what did we expect him to say, that he was afraid?  I agree with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I didn't say you were, just my thoughts on the matter. I can get onboard with your Chargers/Cowboys connection though, there seems to be an awful lot of chirping coming out of Big D this week. If they really are like the Chargers we'll have to wait until after the game and if they do lose see if they start making excuses for why they lost and how they're the better team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]I have no problem with the confidence but why bother providing bulletin board material?  And Costa has no room to talk about anyone.  Anybody see the MNF game against the Redskins where Costa constantly snapped the ball before Romo yelled hike?  The guy is an idiot.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

A valid point.  He could have said he expected a competitive day and left out the speed bump part, which smacks just a bit of "couldn't stop a nose bleed."

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Good Board material as stated above. Why am I not surprised he's from Jersey? I'll check and see if his girl's name is Snookie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

These guys and their Tweeter.

I freely admit I have absolutely no use for this technology. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. I mean, I can picture some guy -- any guy, not necessarily just this guy -- thinking "I'm going to pump up my fans (acolytes? sycophants? what do people who hang on Tweeter call themselves?) with some smack," without giving a second (or even a first) thought to the idea that not everyone who reads your Twits is necessarily going to be a fan of yours or your team.

Now, I don't really think this "speed bump"  nonsense is a very big deal. We'll find out Sunday who is and who is not a speed bump, but the whole idea of transmitting whatever random thoughts are echoing around in your empty head -- and worse, the notion that there are people out here in cyberspace slavering to hear them . . .

I don't know.

It's just troubling.

It makes me despair of our future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There was a time when publicists could exert some control over the things their client would say, twitter has given us a bypass directly linking us to the idiotic thoughts of professional athletes. What is the saying?- better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

no biggie. every week some player on some team is going to talk trash. What are they supposed to say...that, oh...we're gonna lose?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

IT'S A TWEET, For God's sake! Who really cares????

Coach Edwards has it right: think twice and then again before hitting the "SEND" button. It' obvious here's a guy that wnts to make a name for himself, with no credentials behind him to do so.

Would everyone be happy if he tweeted something like: We don't have a freakin' chance! Gonna get killed! No survivors! Sorry, 'Boys fans..... won't be pretty.

Or: It'll be a tough game. Hope to play it close and have a chance to win at the end. Vince is a GOOD player, and I 1000% respect him, his work body, and ability. Then there's Brady... PHEW! Go 'Boys!

If it wasn't for brain dead athletes tweeting brain dead stuff, I doubt if we fans could have anyone to "hate"!!!!

But, JUST MAYBE he may be right and the 'Boys are on to something. What if they DO win and Vince is more of a "speed bump"? Will all haters come back on the board and congratulate Costa on his ability to call it BEFORE it happened? It's not like we've ever been in this position before (Ryan and the Browns D last year, perhaps? Was Vince a "mountain" when Hillis was running for 180+ yards? ). Show of hands for anyone claiming to know that the Pats would lose to the Browns last year, trap game or not? That's what I thought....

The game's got to be played on the field. Hopefully he'll be eating his words, fingers, and cell phone come Sunday night. But, until then, come on....

IT'S A TWEET, for God's sake! Nothing to get worked up over, one would think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

AZPAT...how long have you worked for VERIZON?

Sections
Shortcuts