Who is playing the Saints? Manning or the Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Who is playing the Saints? Manning or the Colts?

Is everyone here getting the impression the love fest for Peyton Manning is getting outrageous?  You hear a lot about various Saints players in the SB, but, when it comes to the Colts, it is all Manning, Manning Manning.  It's like he can beat the Saints all by himself!

I recall when the Pats were in SB42, the focus of the media was on the team and not so much on one player and they surely didn't revere Brady like they have Manning in this SB.  This SB44, it is all about Manning, how great a field general he is ( which is on spot ) and the Saints don't stand a chance against Manning!  In the end, the media is painting this SB as all about Manning... so goes Manning, so goes the Colts, because without Manning, the Colts are dust! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Who is playing the Saints? Manning or the Colts?

i think i heard more about Freeney this week than Manning honestly

but the love affair for Manning was to be expected... I just hope for an exciting game Sunday

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Manning can't beat the Saints by himself. His offensive line is great and his defense is underrated. That said, I think the Saints have the better overall team and will win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I've tuned it all out.  I have not watched or listened to any Sports this week to avoid the Manning love-a-thon.  I will turn the game on about 1 minute before kickoff.  It's the only way to avoid Projectile Vomiting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Come on AGC, Freeney has been the most discussed item of the week.  Sure Manning is getting some play, but that is to be expected as he is the only 4 time MVP who just won his 4th this year. 

Actually, some of the discussion is about this being the game that finally cements Manning as one of the greatest.  This line of discussion has actually been going on before each playoff game this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

underdousche is a LOSER

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

thanks hillary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg... Freeney is discussed for the injury issue.  On other occasions there is much more banter on the "play" of Manning and how he "commands" the field like no other QB in history.  I am not down playing his skills.. seems a lot of focus on Manning the player and not the Colts team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

he is the only 4 time MVP who just won his 4th this year. 

How many Lombardi's does he have to go with those MVP awards?
    Go back to your Pony websites!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Easy: Manning if the Colts win, the Colts if they lose.

Manning's new name: The Teflon Horseface. Drop a snap? It's the damm center's fault. Overthrown ball? Heck, if the WR only jumped a little higher. We already know about his "idiot kicker" theory.

He'll be cannonized for sainthood, but the question is before or after his HOF induction? There's already a Manning Wing planned in Canton, to include average Daddy, overpaid Eli, and the HUGE room for Payaton's cranium.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

A football fan knows that all those regular season wins and yearly playoff chokes count for something towards sainthood, right?  I have no problem with him and Marino in teh Heimlich HOF. Same for Tarkinton Fouts, Moon, et al. One SB victory in all those wins seems, well, "lucky".

Now, if Old Horse Face actually won a few Lombardi's, I'd say he was as good as Bradshaw, Montana, and Brady. I'd even put Elway in this group, even with only 2 Lombadri's. At least he got to the SB a few times before winning his 2. That's more than I can say about Mr Double Stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AZPAT...  here's the drill...   of all NFL teams today, take one player off that team and which team will sink the fastest?  COLTS.  I guess all the pundits are basically saying that with their focus on Manning.  Brady, as good as he is, showed that when you have a real good team around you, you will be missed but the team can go on as the Pats showed with Cassel in 2008.  Brady brings the Pats to another level.  Manning IS the Colts and has been since his second year there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

It's just been nothing but a Manning Love Fest the past two weeks.  I'm not even sure who he's playing against anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Has anyone heard who Peyton is playing against?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Even the Boston papers are throwing bouquets at Peyton.  We love you Peyton!  "You are better than Tom Brady".  Slurp! Slurp! Slurp! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I've been watching old SB game highlights. After looking at what DB's were allowed to do to WR's, if Old HorseFace had to play back then, I think he'd curl up on teh sidelines with his binky. Plus, seeing how DLmen and blitzers manhandled QB's, I'm sure he'd have been out of the league in 5 years.

Ah! Those were the days! A pass play breaks down, the QB rolls out, and there's a defensive player bringing him down by the head. After the play, the QB would get his helmet back, sometimes with his head still in it. Beautiful! Simply beautiful! All we hear from Payaton Lovers is how durable he is. Sorry, but with today's watered down rules, he'd never made it back when the game was a game.  No skirts allowed.

Sections
Shortcuts