who is racist here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from willin53. Show willin53's posts

Re: who is racist here?

Both parties we more than likely a little out of line.  That's what happens when things get heated, and then those same people dig in their heels and blame the other guy.  My take is that the cop should've just backed off, but Gates was probably mouthing off and got under his skin.

I winced when I heard Obama make his remark about the "police acting stupidly," but give the guy credit, he corrected himself and has tried to play peacemaker.  Neither Gates not the Sergeant are bad people - let's get away from polarizing the hell out of this episode.  Sometimes reasonable people just behave unreasonably.  I hope they go to the White House and knock down a beer with Obama - that would be great!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"WHAT A MORON! He's f u k e d up the economy, wants to ruin health care, and he's now chirping about what Cambridge cops did?"

The only way Obama could ruin health care in this country would be to let loose millions of bubonic plague rats in thousands of hospitals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here?:
    In Response to Re: who is racist here? : Hmmm.... seems like someone needs to get educated. Let's take the facts:  1) A NEIGHBOR reports a possible break in.  2) The Cops (one white, the other black) show up  3) someone INSIDE THE HOUSE advises the WHITE cop that he lives there, and REFUSES to get an ID to provide proof  4) The allegedly "intelligent" BLACK guy plays the race card, and gets disorderly.  5) the white cops hauls his racist posterior to the pokey. The uncooperative black professio cries "racism!". Our fearless leader, ol' Radar Ears, decides to give his opinion. Thug Boy should have replied,"Sorry, that's a local situation that I don't feel the need to comment on." Did I miss anything? Seems to me that all this RACIST PROFESSOR MORON needed to do was provide the cop the ID and all would have been done. But, NOOOOOO! Mr, er, Proffessor Ignoramous needed to play the race card and make a spectacle of himself. Guess he really wanted his 15 minutes of fame badly. Then that Great Amateur Hussein Obamarama decides to chime in with his 2 cents (actually, was 1 cent short of it), and decide that the cop acted "stupidly". WHAT A MORON! He's f u k e d up the economy, wants to ruin health care, and he's now chirping about what Cambridge cops did?  Where's his interest in the case of the off duty white fireman that detained known illegals in AZ, and got arrested for doing so? Anyone see a double standard? Would you rather have this scenario: Break in reported, white cop shows up, black guy inside the house advises it's OK, he lives there, the white cops leaves, and the house gets emptied out. Can you use your pea brain to even consider that not everyone is honest when dealing with cops, WHITE OR BLACK?  Or, this one: Neighbors report an auto theft in progress. After getting a  description of the vehicle, a black cop puills it over. The white driver says it's OK, he is the actual owner. The cops wish him a good day, apologizes for the inconvenience, and sends him on his way. The true owner comes home, sees his car missing, and calls the cops. "Sorry, we stopped the car, and the driver said it was you so we gave him $5 for gas and let him go on his way." Does that make you any happier? All this professorial knucklehead had to do was give the cop his ID, and thank him for showing up to protect his property. Tyhe cop didn't know him from teh next guy, and wantd to see proof that he was the resident he said he was. But this yahoo had to take a nostalgic trip down Freedom March lane, and refused to cooperaste. I'd say the same if the professor was black, white, Asian, Latin, Native American, striped, or polka dotted. Police want Id, you give it to them, unless you're a bad guy, have something to hide, or are a moronic yahoo. The cop didn't randomly stop by the house just because. He was there due to a call that the polie received. Sort of like "just doing his job". Then Mr Full Of Himself goes racial on him. Why is it that the black cop sides with the actions of the white cop? Be careful, now. Keep those racial cards in teh deck. 
    Posted by AZPAT

AZ
    lets see #5 , bingo
    Obama should've either delegated commentary through the 'help' or declined .
     BTW ditto on the economy, health care, CPD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here? : I am just curious as to how one ruins an economy in recession.
    Posted by EnochRoot

In any other recession or depression, have bailouts of this magnitude EVER taken place?  Please tell me you think that BS was required.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here? : Bub, There are few people on this site whose opinion I respect TexasPat is one them and you were also one of them until you just called me a racist. Who are you calling a racist you lint licker!!!!! You know absolutely nothing about me. What the hell is wrong with you people. When was the last time you or anyone else on here who's white, actually sat down and had a conversation with someone who isn't caucasian. There is such a world out there. Look, I have a lot more to say. But I gotta go. I'll respond later. P.S. Ignore the stereotypes man. We don't bite. 
    Posted by paob

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but my comment was due to your assertion that any black cop would have acted differently than Crowley with any white perp. If a white man can be called racist for assuming any black man is "up to no good", why can't a black man be considered the same for assuming all white cops are racist whenever they arrest a black man? To me it's essentially the same. Some people won't even consider any other possibility. I apologize if you don't think that way in reality, but the comment I responded to sure made me think you did. As far as interaction with anyone who "isn't caucasian", I happen to work in a place where about 70% of the people are black. So I talk with them every day, we joke around, discuss football, etc. I've been to 48 states, and am basically a poor working slob. I've had dealings with just about every ethnic group in America. It's not like I'm some rich bozo who only has dealings with minorities because they are servants or are working at a store I frequent! My stand is that we all need to put away the race card, both black and white. I agree, there are instances of racism every day in America. But to jump the gun and consider every altercation between ethnic groups to be fueled by racism is wrong, IMO. It only makes the issue worse as far as I can see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here?: Thanks for the response. We can agree to disagree. And that's fine. I have to give credit to MossEffect, 'cause he began a topic that has us all talking. 
    paob
    paob, I do respect your opinion. I have moved to the Baltimore area and I am the minority here so I have sort of walked in your shoes. For the most part everyone is nice here and I have conversations with black ppl every single day. As for me and you I simply just think we agree to disagree. I see the situation as police were called to a house where a possible break-in was occuring. The cop showed up and asked the man who answered the dooor to produce an ID that he was in fact the home-owner. The man refused and thought it was a racial remark. Tensions were heated and the man was arrested for disorderly conduct. To me this seems normal. I would expect the same thing to happan to me if I didnt produce an ID if a similar occurence happaned. I truly to not believe it was a case for racial profiling. I guess this is where we disagree.
    Posted by bradyrulez

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here?: Bub, At no point in time did I state or insinuate that all white cops are racist. You're adept at breaking down posts and responding with talking points. Go back and take a look at mine. I am not a racist, nor do I have any racist inclinations. That's not the kind of house I grew up in and that's not the kind of attitude my wife and I foster in our home with our kids. 
    I truly feel Crowley could have diffused that situation a little more adeptly. I also feel, that being inside his own home Gates probably felt like the police were harassing him. Again, Gates is of an age where he probably experienced racism in its full firsthand. That coupled with a number of other issues may have led to his reaction. 
    I can't say that I will ever experience what he went through in life. Just like I can't state what it feels like to be a white man in a changing America. We all have opinions, and race is a touchy subject. I appreciate your thoughful response. 
    I guess in a few months we can shift focus and talk about whose as* the Patriots are gonna kick next.
    paob.
    In Response to Re: who is racist here? : Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but my comment was due to your assertion that any black cop would have acted differently than Crowley with any white perp. If a white man can be called racist for assuming any black man is "up to no good", why can't a black man be considered the same for assuming all white cops are racist whenever they arrest a black man? To me it's essentially the same. Some people won't even consider any other possibility. I apologize if you don't think that way in reality, but the comment I responded to sure made me think you did. As far as interaction with anyone who "isn't caucasian", I happen to work in a place where about 70% of the people are black. So I talk with them every day, we joke around, discuss football, etc. I've been to 48 states, and am basically a poor working slob. I've had dealings with just about every ethnic group in America. It's not like I'm some rich bozo who only has dealings with minorities because they are servants or are working at a store I frequent! My stand is that we all need to put away the race card, both black and white. I agree, there are instances of racism every day in America. But to jump the gun and consider every altercation between ethnic groups to be fueled by racism is wrong, IMO. It only makes the issue worse as far as I can see.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here? : Bub, At no point in time did I state or insinuate that all white cops are racist. You're adept at breaking down posts and responding with talking points. Go back and take a look at mine. I am not a racist, nor do I have any racist inclinations. That's not the kind of house I grew up in and that's not the kind of attitude my wife and I foster in our home with our kids.  I truly feel Crowley could have diffused that situation a little more adeptly. I also feel, that being inside his own home Gates probably felt like the police were harassing him. Again, Gates is of an age where he probably experienced racism in its full firsthand. That coupled with a number of other issues may have led to his reaction.  I can't say that I will ever experience what he went through in life. Just like I can't state what it feels like to be a white man in a changing America. We all have opinions, and race is a touchy subject. I appreciate your thoughful response.  I guess in a few months we can shift focus and talk about whose as* the Patriots are gonna kick next. paob.
    Posted by paob

Again, I'm sorry if I misread your statement. My issue is with those who "make mountains out of molehills", and to me that is what Gates was doing. I understand how he may have been upset, but when you jump to conclusions and start hurling accusations situations tend to escalate. It seems as though that was the case in Cambridge. But I will put out two thoughts. One, Gates being of the age and experience to have been through such situations should have known better than to be so quick to judge Crowley. And Crowley himself should have controlled his anger better, him being (supposedly) an "expert" in racial issues facing the police. In a nutshell I believe both these men, though perhaps well meaning in general, let their tempers get the better of them. I still think Obama was foolish to call Crowley's actions "stupid". I think "unfortunate" would have been a better word, and not elicited such a negative response. At least we are totally in agreement on your last comment, though I am hoping it's only weeks instead of months before we can discuss whose a s s e s  our Patriots are going to kick next!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here? : In any other recession or depression, have bailouts of this magnitude EVER taken place?  Please tell me you think that BS was required.
    Posted by jbolted

Bush started the bailouts, not Obama. Obama did continue them, of course. My comment was about someone stating that Obama ruined the economy. 

Aside from that, I generally disagree with the bailouts. TARP was a knee jerk reaction pushed by Bush and passed by Congress without appropriately vetting the program (What do you mean you can't account for the money? You were supposed to. What? We didn't say they had to? OK, carry on.) 

The bridge loans to GMC and Chrysler (yeah, they technically weren't bailouts but come on...) were ill-advised especially after the idiots running GMC and Chrysler refused Chapter 11. I am pretty sure anyone who can balance a checkbook saw that with the amount of money they were bleeding through everyday that Chapter 11 was inevitable, but, instead of telling them to file, Obama gave them the loan. And they burned through the loan and then filed. The galling thing to me about the bridge loans was that in their Chapter 11 filings, the loans were forgiven. That totally PO'ed me.

So, those are my feelings on Obama's and Bush's bailout. Please remember though that Obama inherited the recession. Hard to break a broken economy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

"WHAT A MORON! He's f u k e d up the economy, wants to ruin health care, and he's now chirping about what Cambridge cops did?" The only way Obama could ruin health care in this country would be to let loose millions of bubonic plague rats in thousands of hospitals.
    Posted by Yapple

from the Boy's in the Secret Files Dept:

Vice President Cheney's (VPDC) plan is marked Top Secret Squirrel (TSS). I hope your clearance is up to date and that you were read into the Special Program code-named "Operation Let It Flow" created by VPDC to allow some TSS information to be leaked if it suits his fancy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: who is racist here? Jules, I apperciate the rebuttal. I will respond in full shortly..

In Response to Re: who is racist here? Jules, I apperciate the rebuttal. I will respond in full shortly..:
    In Response to Re: who is racist here? Jules, I apperciate the rebuttal. I will respond in full shortly.. : I've noticed that in the four plus years or so that I've been here on this site, the person who says something that's disliked by the majority gets jumped on. But I'm not running and I'm not hidin'. Again, I made a number of points in my responses to this original post and the lot of you respond to what you pick and choose. It doesn't surprise me though. First you resorted to name calling when you had nothing tangible to say, (paranoid, liar). Now you're just wasting my time. Jules I'm not gonna let you waste any more of my time. ZBellino was right. Talking about this on this site to the likes of you is pointless. 
    Posted by paob

I suppose that I agree with the sentiment that vetting this subject further is a waste of time.  As could have been predicted, there are multiple ways of interpreting this subject in general (and specifically this incident) and none of us had a chance of changing each others' minds.  The mere fact that we're on a sport site discussing racism suggests that we all have time to waste! ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'm reminded of the line from "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner".
    This isn't an exact recollection but...
    "In numerous states, what you're doing ( interracial marriage ) would be breaking the law. And suppose they changed the law. That don't change what people think."
    And so it is with racism. It will go on forever despite our best intentions. Someone will say that intermarriage will eventually erase the color line. It's already been proven in Africa and other places that people will find a racial excuse for murder even among those who look alike.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

from the Boy's in the Secret Files Dept:

Vice President Cheney's (VPDC) plan is marked Top Secret Squirrel (TSS). I hope your clearance is up to date and that you were read into the Special Program code-named "Operation Let It Flow" created by VPDC to allow some TSS information to be leaked if it suits his fancy.

No, my clearance is not up to date although I used to have a Bleep Bleep Bleep clearance with access to the box in the cabinet in the room in the office in the vault. You should never reveal certain words unless you're one of the "best and the brightest" and you can get away with anything which, these days, means you're running around with a laptop full of illegally-removed sensitive information flapping at your side. Are you insinuating that Cheney had a plan to release bubonic plague rats?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

from the Boy's in the Secret Files Dept: Vice President Cheney's (VPDC) plan is marked Top Secret Squirrel (TSS). I hope your clearance is up to date and that you were read into the Special Program code-named "Operation Let It Flow" created by VPDC to allow some TSS information to be leaked if it suits his fancy. No, my clearance is not up to date although I used to have a Bleep Bleep Bleep clearance with access to the box in the cabinet in the room in the office in the vault. You should never reveal certain words unless you're one of the "best and the brightest" and you can get away with anything which, these days, means you're running around with a laptop full of illegally-removed sensitive information flapping at your side. Are you insinuating that Cheney had a plan to release bubonic plague rats?
    Posted by Yapple

Ixnay on the Atsray. You saw what happened to 'Scooter' Libby.

I think that once you hair goes gray you should no longer be referred to as 'Scooter'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

This isn't racism, it's eliteism. The prof is used to having his rear kissed day in and day out, and if you go against him in any way, he'll raise hell.

The race card is all about him garnering public attention, which he loves.

It's a perfect example of making a mountain out of a molehill.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon-Jets. Show Leon-Jets's posts

I'm a racist and to some level I think we all are a little.

As far as the Harvard professor is concerned-Shut your mouth and do what you are told by the cops-There will be plenty of time to sort things out later.Spewing off at the mouth and claiming racial profiling is getting old and tiresome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I'm a racist as well I hate the jets and all their fans.

we like you better here

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I'm a racist as well I hate the jets and all their fans. we like you better here
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Now this is a tough one because I have never liked Leon so I can't say I agree that I liked him better anywhere.

He must have been at one of those special summer camps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what is this board without leon?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

what is this board without leon?
    Posted by mosseffect43

A better board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Leon just got out. It is illegal in NJ to have sex with animals, but the sentence is only 30 days. Leon is a moron, but he is sort of a fixture here. Like the retarded kid you used to make fun of on the school bus!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

I'm a racist as well I hate the jets and all their fans. we like you better here
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

H:

Hating the Jests and their fans is not being racist.....it is our DUTY....to despise them....for only those dabbling in true EVIL......would be Green Jersey fans... must be the fumes from the East River.....Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here? :   H: Hating the Jests and their fans is not being racist.....it is our DUTY....to despise them....for only those dabbling in true EVIL......would be Green Jersey fans... must be the fumes from the East River.....
    Posted by Belenus555

Quite true! Indeed I would say that hating the Jests and their fans is not only not racist, but it is our PATRIOTIC duty!!! Anyway, I'm like Dirty Harry. I'm not predjudiced, I hate all things NY equally!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Bub and B, you both are correct it is our duty to hate all things jets especially leon. 

Sections
Shortcuts