Who is the best offensive lineman we've had besides John Hannah?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Who is the best offensive lineman we've had besides John Hannah?

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... and if you were to go the other way and list the biggest Underperformer for where they were drafted the award goes to Eugene Chung. 

[/QUOTE]

Nah, Kenneth Sims by a mile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

... and if you were to go the other way and list the biggest Underperformer for where they were drafted the award goes to Eugene Chung. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would like to put something to bed about Ken Sims. THey guy was a stud but he was not a pass rusher. They forced him to play DE which is what he was in college and what he was slotted for. But he was more olike Vinny in that he was big, strong and very hard to move. But he was not a pass rusher and not a fast pursuer.

If we had been coached by someone like BB who would use him where his talents lay he would be remembered as being a stud on the inside where he belonged.

In short my friends he was GROSSLY misused.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Center: Bill Lenkaitas

Guard: John Hannah

Tackle: Leon Gray run blocking, Matt Light pass blocking, hoping Solder surpasses Light (I think he has the raw talent to)

TE: Russ Francis

RB: Sam Cunningham

QB(!): Steve Grogan

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

All the players Ive read mentioned in these commets are more than deserving of the praise they are getting. Hannah, Grey, Armstrong, Morris, Light, Woody, Mankins, Neal are all the real deal. Does Brian Waters fit into this discussion? Although it was only one season, he was clearly dominant on an everyday basis for the Pats. Graham and Crumpler were awesome blocking TE's, but Gronkowski is quickly making a name for himself in the run game as well.  Looking at this list of O linemen we've had on teams past and present,make me realize how we are truly lucky to have such a consistently great home team. Go Pats! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but I was sticking with the O side of the ball, like the OP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Koppen was very solid for many years and has a few rings.  If not one of the best then one of the most underrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

put matt light in the worst column

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Joe Andruzzi was the Pat's Conrad Dobler and Matt Light was our Dan Dierdorf...except for the 3 Superbowl wins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to Norger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leon Gray.  John Hannah/Leon Gray were the best 1-2 punch on the O-line the Pats have ever had.  

[/QUOTE]

Me too. I was in Chicago at the time of the SB, Pats vs Bears. I had Mass Plates and was constantly honked but always showed them my pearly whites. I remember reading the sports section the next day and Richard Dent made a testimony to John Hannah when John pulled and hit him. Dent said, " when John hit me, it was like every bone in my body cracked".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Norger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leon Gray.  John Hannah/Leon Gray were the best 1-2 punch on the O-line the Pats have ever had.  

[/QUOTE]

Me too. I was in Chicago at the time of the SB, Pats vs Bears. I had Mass Plates and was constantly honked but always showed them my pearly whites. I remember reading the sports section the next day and Richard Dent made a testimony to John Hannah when John pulled and hit him. Dent said, " when John hit me, it was like every bone in my body cracked".

[/QUOTE]

good stuff palook,

thanks for this gem!