Who is the most overrated Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Re: Who is the most overrated Patriot?

In Response to Re: Who is the most overrated Patriot?:
    [QUOTE]Right now, unfortunately, it is Tom Brady.
    Posted by JimKe[/QUOTE]

What is unfortunate is that you actually believe what you write.  What happened to Tom when Branch and Givens left for greener pastures?  His performance was mediocre for the first half of that year.  It takes time to develop chemisty with new wideouts.  Don't forget Welker was unavailable last game.  In time Brady will again start decimating opposing defenses. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

I would say the coach and his staff which then makes it the whole team.  It is still early. 

I think the Defense has been beaten by the same three flaws (injuries are not included in the flaws but have been a major issue as well the the last three years) the last three years and it has yet to be corrected.

1. poor tackling
    2.not covering a tight end on the game deciding plays
    3.no push from your front 3/4 or how ever many defensive players are rushing, ok QB's are looking all-pro against out Defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Giselle.  Do you become a patriot through marriage? 

I was always an Elle fan, and look at giselle, she takes the name and adds the giz.  hold on. not sure that came out right.  whoops there I go again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

I don't know who that guy with you in the picture is, but he looks like someone who spends a lot of time on his behind in games...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Maroney.  His whole career is hype.  He runs scared and should be riding the bench.  I list Thomas as #2 overrated player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is the most overrated Patriot? : I don't know who that guy with you in the picture is, but he looks like someone who spends a lot of time on his behind in games...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I feel bad putting it up there because he's a really nice guy, but he makes bank and is not a dominant LT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Joey Galloway.

Good news--Wes Welker is seeing practices.  That means little or no Joey Galloway next Sunday.

I suspect that Galloway can produce if, and only if, he sits on the bench for five plays out of six and a special coach goes over the coming play 15 times in a row.  Then they put him in for one play at a time and he'll usually run the correct route.  Maybe a month or two from now Galloway will get it.   Galloway could also use a month on the jugs machine.  He caught 5 out of 12 passes coming his way last week.  I'll give Galloway credit for his speed, so he's not completely useless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

there is nothing wrong with our  defence ,the offence can not run and pass protect remember the s.b. same old same old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]John Hancock. So you can sign your name large! Big deal. Leave space for a few others, yes?
    Posted by docmartin72[/QUOTE]

haha - nice one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

It has to be Horation Gates.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is the most overrated Patriot? : That is exactly why Light is so overrated; he shouldn't be in the Pro-Bowl, let alone be selected as an All-Pro!
    Posted by rcasey28[/QUOTE] Without obtaining the vote of his peers he would not be an all-pro. Basically his all-pro status is based on the votes of those that must play aganist him. I'll accept their opinion over all others.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]Right now, unfortunately, it is Tom Brady.
    Posted by JimKe[/QUOTE] Absolutely, I must regretfully agree with you. Hopefully he will get it together this week.  The longer he goes without the old spark and success the more effect it will have on him mentally. Recall the year C. Palmer had when on the first series of downs in the playoffs he was injured. He warned TB before the season that aspect of the recovery which took him 2 seasons. Hopefully it will take TB only 2 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

It seems harsh to downgrade Brady to a mediocre QB after two games...but he was annointed by most as the best QB in the game after a single monster season...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Overrated based on the opinions of this board?

1. BJGE  - Law Firm
    2. Terrance Nunn

Previous years:

Vince Redd
    M Richardson
    Oscar Lua
    W Andrews
    Rohan Davey
    Michael Bishop

There is a endless list of scrubs, practice squad holdovers and pre-season warriors that this board constantly falls in love with.  The unifying factor in all of these players is that they are now are soon will be out of the the league. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]It seems harsh to downgrade Brady to a mediocre QB after two games...but he was annointed by most as the best QB in the game after a single monster season...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Jules... I know you are a Phins fan and your feelings for Brady and the Pats.  Brady was not touted as the best off of one season of play, it is the body of work including the playoffs.  What is interesting are the opinions coming out after only 2 games. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Shawn Crable 

remember when everyone on here was crowing about him being better than jason taylor this year? 

honorable mention would be derrick burgess, at least so far. i'm basing this on what BB gave up for him, and the reaction from most fans that our pass russ problem was solved. oops.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NatickPats. Show NatickPats's posts

Sean Springss. jeez has anyone even heard that guys name in months????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOGI12. Show YOGI12's posts

[QUOTE]The FANS- The Patriots loose one game and look what happens. I have seen the days of Hugh(miliation) Millen, Tom Ramsey, Tony Eason, Reggie Dupard, Rod Rust, Victor Kiam etc.. Fans should appreciate what we have. In Bill We Trust.
    Posted by deebag[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOGI12. Show YOGI12's posts

IN BILL WE TRUST

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from illmind. Show illmind's posts

From 2007 - 2009 the answer is Vrabel, Seymour & Bruschi. These guys were not playing well at all but many simply just couldn't let go of their past. Not saying they are bad players, but way OVERRATED based on their past accomplishments.

I like the house-cleaning on defense and these new players will get better. Coaching needs to get more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Right now, the game calling is way too soft!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is the most overrated Patriot? : Jules... I know you are a Phins fan and your feelings for Brady and the Pats.  Brady was not touted as the best off of one season of play, it is the body of work including the playoffs.  What is interesting are the opinions coming out after only 2 games. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm not a phins fan, but I can see how all of us trolls can be tough to keep straight.  I said in the preseason that it was silly to predict that Brady would look like he did in 2007 after major reconstructive knee surgery.  I also opined that he might not perform as well as Cassell did last year.  I was called an idiot (which I'm not) and a troll (which I am).  At any rate, I wouldn't get too down on TB - just like Peyton with his bursa sac last year, I would expect Brady to start playing better as the year goes on...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Coach Bill . . . the guy has not scored a touch down in all the years he has been here!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jules....

Well, I know you are not a Pats fan, per se...  anyway...

I think most comments centered around Brady being healthy and the receiver corps he has in place which could mean another season close to what he had in 2007.  Many felt it is better than what he had in 2007.  Either way, both fans and the media are quite fickle.  Look at the press Brees is getting after two games while Brady has had a shaky start.  It could all reverse itself as the season progresses, Brady gets it in gear and Brees cools off.  Considering tha nature of his injury, being even close to what he was in 2007 is a gift.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'd have to go with adalius too, now that seymour is gone.
    Hard to believe people are even mentioning tommy is this discussion. He's been out for a whole freggin year and has so far only played two so-so games this year, now it seems that he's going to be back thowing to guys we just picked up yesterday after they were cut by the browns or raiders. 

Give the guy a break!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Who is the most overrated Patriot?:
    [QUOTE]I'm sick of the whole offensive line right now, but Matt Light is probably the most overrated Patriot.
    Posted by Rick1008[/QUOTE]

Agreed

Sections
Shortcuts