Who is to THANK more, the owner, the coaches, or the players...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Who is to THANK more, the owner, the coaches, or the players...

The Pats have had what might be the greatest single team run of 12 years in NFL history. 146-46 in the regular season, 10 division titles, 17-7 in the playoffs, made it to 7 conference championship games and 5 title games. Best playoff winning percentage over those years. 3-2 in the Super Bowl. In that span only 3 other teams have been to more than one Super Bowl (Giants are 2-0, Steelers are 2-1 and Indy is 1-1), 18 of the 32 teams have been to none. If this is not good enough for you, go pick another team to root for.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Who is to THANK more, the owner, the coaches, or the players...

That's easy! The New England Patriots. From Mr. Kraft right on down to the one of many guys that were out there shoveling snow to clear the seats. Every time I take a ride over to patriots place I can't help but marvel at what that guy built. God bless Robert Kraft and I can't wait for next season.

ps. nice to only live about 15 minutes from the razor eh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I believe the Pats have the best record in football since Bob Kraft took over the team in 1994. They were definitely one of the worst if not the worst in the 5 seasons before he took over the team from 1989-93.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Whats he done in last 8 years??? How did his 19-0 trademark work out for him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Thanking them for what?

ALMOST winning the SB the last two times that they got in. Keep in mind Gang that the pats haven't won the Big Game in what is it now ...  10 years.

Thank who you want but the pats best days are in their rearview mirror-Old QB getting older,Welker with a bad case of the dropsies,musical chairs in the Dbackfield etc etc etc.

GO JETS!!! How are ya Hammer!?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Thank him for video cameras...right Leon??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Alright, I've seen you post something similar in multiple threads.  I have a question for you, and no you cannot change the question:

If you could choose between a team that is a perennial contender each year, is unfailingly in the playoffs and has a shot at the S/B every year or

One that ignores the consquences of the salary cap and every 4 years or so sells out with the acquistion of high cost players and takes a shot knowing that this will be the only chance they get for several years

Which would you choose?

And make no mistake about it, that is the choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

I don't post a lot on here BUT I do read the message board all the time.  I'm just wondering why it is that some fans of loser teams feel the need to post stuff here?  Don't they know that they just make themselves look like fools!!  Why don't they go on their own message boards or are they just too dumb to be able to find them?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Your mad about not winning a Super Bowl in 8 years. I've been a fan for 28 years before the Pats won their 1st Super Bowl. Never take it for granted when they do win their next one, because you never know who long it will take until they do it again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Alright, I've seen you post something similar in multiple threads.  I have a question for you, and no you cannot change the question:

If you could choose between a team that is a perennial contender each year, is unfailingly in the playoffs and has a shot at the S/B every year or

One that ignores the consquences of the salary cap and every 4 years or so sells out with the acquistion of high cost players and takes a shot knowing that this will be the only chance they get for several years

Which would you choose?

Easy answer - I take the Bob Baffert approach, guy is a top horse trainer and ONLY runs horses in the Kentucky derby when he feels he has a winner. Not like these people who run their also ran horse just to be there. Take the 2002 Pats, finished 9-7 and had no chance of winning a playoff game, never mind the SB. Im glad they missed the playoffs that year, and wished Pats missed playoffs in 2009. So I would only want a team in the palyoffs in years they are legit - not like this years FRAUD teams Broncos, Texans, and Patriots. All of whome beat up on joke teams and LOST when played good teams

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Which would you choose?

Easy answer - I take the Bob Baffert approach, guy is a top horse trainer and ONLY runs horses in the Kentucky derby when he feels he has a winner. Not like these people who run their also ran horse just to be there. Take the 2002 Pats, finished 9-7 and had no chance of winning a playoff game, never mind the SB. Im glad they missed the playoffs that year, and wished Pats missed playoffs in 2009. So I would only want a team in the palyoffs in years they are legit - not like this years FRAUD teams Broncos, Texans, and Patriots. All of whome beat up on joke teams and LOST when played good teams

Fair enough.  I suggest you find another team to root for until the Krafts sell the franchise because the perennial contender model is the one they employ.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Which would you choose?

Fair enough.  I suggest you find another team to root for until the Krafts sell the franchise because the perennial contender model is the one they employ.

Im a REALIST not a homer like you all - next year 8-8 will win division, so Pats win by default. Then the PLAYOFF button is pressed so Brady has his good game, (becuse he stunk this last one) and then will turn into INT machine for his next game. The EXACT pattern he has had in playoffs for last 8 years in which he has not put 2 good playoff games together in a row...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Simply love it when someone uses the term 'homer.'  Everyone I've seen use the term on this forum applies to anyone who disagrees with them hence:  not a homer like you all. 

And as I indicated earlier, it may be time to start looking for another NFL team to root for because the Kraft way of doing business isn't changing anytime soon.  Good luck with that, by the way.  I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Least watching Jets is entertaining - and at years end they are watching another team with the trophy...just like Pats and Kraft do of late.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And in another 8 years we will be talking about who to thank for the 20 year run which included 3 SB wins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

And in another 8 years we will be talking about who to thank for the 20 year run which included 3 SB wins.

Which would still be better than 25 other NFL franchises.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Kraft is doing it to make money. But I do appreciate that he had the smarts to cut through the hype and hire talent at HC.

Thank BB and Brady for being who they are? They would be themselves anywhere..but they are responsible for the run.

What I can do is  thank TB in advance  for restructuring his contract this off season so the Pats can sign Larry Fitzgerald.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Which would still be better than 25 other NFL franchises.

maybe 31

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

2001 was 12 years ago!  Please stop pointing to that.

Can you imagine the 1991 Steelers pointing to the 1979 team as a reason to be happy?

It is stupid.

Each season is its own.  Most of the players on this team had NOTHING to do with 3 SBs.  Stop thanking this crew that chokes every year for what other teams did.  Welker = zero rings. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Can you imagine the 1991 Steelers pointing to the 1979 team as a reason to be happy?

It is stupid.

Each season is its own.  Most of the players on this team had NOTHING to do with 3 SBs.  Stop thanking this crew that chokes every year for what other teams did.  Welker = zero rings. 

Interesting take and you're of course entitled to it.  I remain a fan of the approach that Kraft and BB are taking.  If that makes me a homer then oh well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It is stupid.

Interesting take and you're of course entitled to it.  I remain a fan of the approach that Kraft and BB are taking.  If that makes me a homer then oh well.

Kraft is a business man first, a fan second. I was billed for my playoff tickets and told I had to make a decision on the purchase of 3 games with in the week, before we even knew where the Pats w/b playing. I was told if a refund was dueme, It would be applied to next years tickets. I am happy Kraft has deep pockets and is a fan, but lets not make him out to be anything more than an NFL owner

BB lives and dies with each season, and maybe at 61 years old with trusted coaches and sr executives leaving for other teams, additional help is needed. it appears that Reese is leaving. interesting to see who BB tabs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

Thanking them for what?

ALMOST winning the SB the last two times that they got in. Keep in mind Gang that the pats haven't won the Big Game in what is it now ...  10 years.

Thank who you want but the pats best days are in their rearview mirror-Old QB getting older,Welker with a bad case of the dropsies,musical chairs in the Dbackfield etc etc etc.

GO JETS!!! How are ya Hammer!?

not too bad jets! 10 years ya say eh? last time the jets won it I was wearing fatigues. although I do have to say that bryan adams "it was the summer of 69" is still one of my all time fav's.

like you always say...............knaw on that for a while.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It is stupid.

Kraft is a business man first, a fan second. I was billed for my playoff tickets and told I had to make a decision on the purchase of 3 games with in the week, before we even knew where the Pats w/b playing. I was told if a refund was dueme, It would be applied to next years tickets. I am happy Kraft has deep pockets and is a fan, but lets not make him out to be anything more than an NFL owner

BB lives and dies with each season, and maybe at 61 years old with trusted coaches and sr executives leaving for other teams, additional help is needed. it appears that Reese is leaving. interesting to see who BB tabs.

by the way, it was only two games you paid for because if they played 3 games they would be in the W/C round where they could not host three games

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to provpats' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

It is stupid.

by the way, it was only two games you paid for because if they played 3 games they would be in the W/C round where they could not host three games

they mailed the bill on Dec 1st and it included SB tickets. I had to make a decision by Dec 10th. Any refunded money is applied to next years tickets.  Any other season ticket holders report the same? 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts