Who is your favorite Noob?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Who is your favorite Noob?

Out of all the new players this year through FA and Draft, who is your favorite?

I'm going to have to go with Edelman.  When I saw the highlights from last week's game, I thought I was watching Welker.  He's the ultimate underdog who not only is a 7th rounder, but has been switched from QB to WR. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Who is your favorite Noob?

I'll go with Edelman.  I don't know which new guy will make the most impact, but I'm taking the underdog too.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Who is your favorite Noob?:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to have to go with Edelman.  When I saw the highlights from last week's game, I thought I was watching Welker.  He's the ultimate underdog who not only is a 7th rounder, but has been switched from QB to WR. 
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]
    Many of us just plain like Edelman.  He's only run back one punt so far, and no one got hold of him.  Technically, it means that no one has ever yet tackled the guy on a punt return in the NFL. 

And, he caught more passes than anyone else because he was wide open.  Apparently those three cone shuttle times mean something.  They mean that Edelman can go anywhere on the field that he wants.  Wait till he starts busting slants and bubble screen passes into touchdowns too.

Edelman is also sitting on a wild card.  Someday he's going to show us his arm!

For second place I'm going to put up Ron Brace because he is jumping right into the rotation and he already stuffed a third-and-1.  Good defensive tackles don't get hardly any respect from the fans, just from coaches and from opposing running backs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Speaking of 3rd and 1, I guess we should have run a QB sneak when it was 3rd and 1 on our second possession of the Super Bowl instead of handing the ball off. 

Wonder if Brace would have stuffed Jacobs on 4th and 1 on their miracle drive ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite Noob?:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of 3rd and 1, I guess we should have run a QB sneak when it was 3rd and 1 on our second possession of the Super Bowl instead of handing the ball off.  Wonder if Brace would have stuffed Jacobs on 4th and 1 on their miracle drive ...
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Brady's ankle still bothering him?  I personally liked going for it on 4th and a trillion miles rather than attempting the FG using strong-legged G'Man.  

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the new guys over the next few games.  Wonder if Edelman sees as much playing time or if BB has some sort of rotation planned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Right now its a 2 guy race for preseason newbie of the year Edelman and Pryor though there have been votes for Brace on this board lets not forget Pryor's play in the first Exhibition game which did include a sack!Plus he's also a late round draft choice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Darius Butler for me, I really think he could be a good corner in this league maybe even a great one at some point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Out of all the new players this year through FA and Draft, who is your favorite? I'm going to have to go with Edelman.  When I saw the highlights from last week's game, I thought I was watching Welker.  He's the ultimate underdog who not only is a 7th rounder, but has been switched from QB to WR. 

PatsFan, do you get to see Pats games in Germany? Directtv or some such? I'm in southern california and have to go out to sports bars to watch Patriot football. Yes, it a tough job but someone's got to do it. 
    I'm looking forward to seeing Volmer at work, since I always like to watch O-line play. He's got the makings of a real beast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

currently watching Sea Bass the closest...but will likely end up a Chung and McKenzie fan...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I was big on McKenzie before he got hurt, but now I would say I think Vollmer is the best young guy we got. He is a swing tackle and I can see him as a starter really soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Out of all the new players this year through FA and Draft, who is your favorite? I'm going to have to go with Edelman.  When I saw the highlights from last week's game, I thought I was watching Welker.  He's the ultimate underdog who not only is a 7th rounder, but has been switched from QB to WR. 

Mine has been be Sea Bass, since the draft...he does the Monstah Mash!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Vollmer has me the most intrigued, but my favorite is Ron "Brick Wall" Brace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

wow two answers back to back with a single mention of how bad they want to f*ck Julian Edelman or however you spell his name. I like the kid dont get me wrong but Wes Welker he is not or at least not yet and people are all over his ball sack like he just won us the super bowl. He did well in one pre season game lets not crown him yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I'm a big fan of Pat Chung, I liked him before the draft, and I like him still. He practices all out all the time, just like harrison. And as they say perfect practice makes perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would have to go with Chung based on his work ethic, love a motivated player that goes all out, doesnt need help keeping motivated, and works all the time to be better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Tom Brady (just kidding)

It's still early, but Baker is my choice just because I think he'll have the most impact this year. Chung is my second choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]wow two answers back to back with a single mention of how bad they want to f*ck Julian Edelman or however you spell his name. I like the kid dont get me wrong but Wes Welker he is not or at least not yet and people are all over his ball sack like he just won us the super bowl. He did well in one pre season game lets not crown him yet.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I don't go down the p oop chute...  Edelman is my "favorite".  He is not who I think will make the biggest impact, and not who I think is the best of the new guys.  He is definitely not being crowned as the next Welker by me.  I'll call him the next Welker when he either leads the league in receptions or comes close to it for two years in a row.  I see your point though because some have indeed crowned him.  The topic however, was "Who is your favorite..."  Being the underdog that he is, and having a bunch of "potential" skills, he is the one I will cheer the hardest for.  

If you ask me who will make the biggest impact, I will answer differently.  I'd probably say Chung at this point, but Sea Bass is definitely up there as well.  Nunn is my sleeper.  I'd like to see how he does if Brady is throwing the ball to him.  I thought he would turn heads in the preseason.  I'm not off to a good start, but he has 3 more games...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

FRED TAYLOR MY FRIEND.... FRED IS STILL THE MAN. NEXT WOULD BE LEIGH BODDEN AT CB. i believe joey galloway and chris baker will also show up once we start with real bullets. edelman is special though. once season starts, he will b strictly on special teams if not just on the inactive list. on defense, burgess should b a stud. dont forget mr. banta-cain. he was doing great in that 4-3 before he got greedy and left for SF.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'll go with Fred Taylor.  Had a chance to final see him against Cinn.  Great running and great hands.  This guy is going to have a monster season.  Baker would be my 2nd, but after the next game I wouldn't be surprised to see Galloway making some impact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Radionowhere228. Show Radionowhere228's posts

In my opinion, the new player(s) that are going to be able to come right in and immediatley make an impact are Chung, Brace, Pryor, Butler and Vollmer

However, the player that i am keeping a watchful eye on is rookie WR Terrence Nunn, I have been really impress with what i saw of him at training camp practices and apparently so are alot of media people as well, as Nunn was frequently mentioned in camp notes on this site and the patriots official sits as well... with that in mind Nunn is definitely a name to look out for as he is definitely a sleeper pick to make this roster 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In my opinion, the new player(s) that are going to be able to come right in and immediatley make an impact are Chung, Brace, Pryor, Butler and Vollmer However, the player that i am keeping a watchful eye on is rookie WR Terrence Nunn, I have been really impress with what i saw of him at training camp practices and apparently so are alot of media people as well, as Nunn was frequently mentioned in camp notes on this site and the patriots official sits as well... with that in mind Nunn is definitely a name to look out for as he is definitely a sleeper pick to make this roster 
    Posted by Radionowhere228[/QUOT     I agree with your choice of T. Nunn. He made some great catches in the game against Cincy.

Sections
Shortcuts