Who is your favorite poster here for 2011?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Who is your favorite poster here for 2011?

The year is winding down. Time for these sort of retrospective discussions.

There have been a few lately about the posters people don't like. 

But why not a positive spin?

I have two in mind:

1) Lazurus.  The guy is wise, comic, literate and wacky, like Hunter S. Thompson re-incarnated.

2) TB12.  Absolutely and consistently the best artwork/Photoshop posts.

There are other guys with great knowledge that they share. I learn about football from those guys (and gals?).  But these two guys make this forum a lot more fun, IMO.  

However, you may prefer somebody with a lot of knowledge/sound opinions.

Please make your nominations so we may later construct a poll and vote.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Who is your favorite poster here for 2011?

Laz is always a good read

MB always starts good topics

but I'm going with "None of the Above"

That's right I have to spend $30 so I can earn $300 dollars from my estranged black uncles will (I'm white btw) so I'm investing that $30 into a comprehensive campaign for "None of the Above" oh and an extermely cheesy over the top fake gold necklace that will turn your skin green for my best friend.

Oh and if you don't know what that's in reference to... then I don't know you  />.>

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

No favorite, everyone's posts are interesting in their own way (with a few exceptions). Varying viewpoints is good, don't want to see too many posts from one person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite poster here for 2011?:
    Laz is always a good read MB always starts good topics but I'm going with "None of the Above" That's right I have to spend $30 so I can earn $300 dollars from my estranged black uncles will (I'm white btw) so I'm investing that $30 into a comprehensive campaign for "None of the Above" oh and an extermely cheesy over the top fake gold necklace that will turn your skin green for my best friend. Oh and if you don't know what that's in reference to... then I don't know you  />. />
    Posted by PatsEng

Stumped.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pmike- Smartass

Mighty- One sentence comments say more than most people paragraphs.  Likes you til he hates you.

Z- Knows football

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite poster here for 2011? : Stumped.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I'll give you a hint. It's a 1985 remake of a film with Richard Pryor and John Candy that involves a team called the hackensack bulls

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I saw that flick in the theater.  

Then quickly forgot it. 

LOL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

MVPKilla (aka Tasney69).  And Harleyroadking.  We hardly knew ye. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, definitely one the weakest Candy or Pryor movies.  I guess PatsEng has us outta the club, though.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

lol at least you guys have heard of it. I tend to draw a line between people who've seen cheesy 80's movies and those who haven't. Simple reason for me is that if you saw them you most likely suffered through the bad Pats years and if you haven't you are probably a youngster and only know the winning side of the Pats.

Both are and can be true fans but it's like being a Sox fan after 04'. Everything changed including how fans react to certain situations

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jet trolls....

Reminds me how lucky we are to have a good team, coach, QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

MVPKilla (aka Tasney69).  And Harleyroadking.  We hardly knew ye. 
    Posted by mighty2012

...And WhereTH ARE they?!?  Both are missed by many.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

My favorite John Candy -- Uncle Buck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEt5dEOcW0I

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite poster here for 2011? : lol at least you guys have heard of it. I tend to draw a line between people who've seen cheesy 80's movies and those who haven't. Simple reason for me is that if you saw them you most likely suffered through the bad Pats years and if you haven't you are probably a youngster and only know the winning side of the Pats. Both are and can be true fans but it's like being a Sox fan after 04'. Everything changed including how fans react to certain situations
    Posted by PatsEng

Well, everything changed for me after I saw Jamie Lee Curtis (and her chest) in Trading Places. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Pmike says the cleverest things

Tcal is one sarcastic SOB and often pretty funny just because of that

Mighty is funny just because he's such a homer and is so succinct in everything he says

Zbellino and MVPKilla say the smartest things about football

Harley is always fun to read . . . just seems like a nice guy with a sense of humor

And Rusty has to get at least a mention for keeping it lively here

There are lots of others worth reading, but those come to mind first for me . . .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Z Bellino has the deepest perspective and real life football knowledge that makes reading him a learning experience. One gets the impression he played the game a long time. (major college for sure, NFL?) Z also never steps below himself, he never personally criticizes anyone no matter how little or how much others know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite poster here for 2011? : lmao Or, he just ain't that bright and doesnt like that.  Saying "we are the best, we will win" begs the question as to why anyone would ever register on a messagebaord in the first place. Mighty is this board's version of Brick Tamland. "I love lamp." So true.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Hahaha classic!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

No particular favorites here because I think everybody offers a different perspective that contributes to good conversation throughout the board. We have a pretty good variety of knowledge on this board whether it's about the draft, free agents, grading the games, playoffs, or hilarious photoshops. I thoroughly enjoy my time when I get to relax and read everybody's opinions on our favorite teams. Now if we could only get rid of the flamboyantly obnoxious trolls on this board then we'd be smooth sailing.

Great thread, Chris.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wasn't Harley very sick?  Did we lose him? Or what it somebody else?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

NEGame should get an honorable mention on the board dominated by males. Overall, everybody brings something to the table as it happens in any community. Just look at this thread.
    My favorites are p-mike (he aligns with my character), Z (knows football), Rusty (he never gives up despite constant bashing and banning), TFB12 (always looking for his art work), Mighty (agree with everything he says), Paul-K (I am interested in stats and rating systems, even though they are completely useless to predict nfl games). And I love the rest of you too! (if you are a Pats fan)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Z Bellino has the deepest perspective and real life football knowledge that makes reading him a learning experience. One gets the impression he played the game a long time. (major college for sure, NFL?) Z also never steps below himself, he never personally criticizes anyone no matter how little or how much others know.
    Posted by NYC

Agreed...I too, hate that about him.  I'm actually pretty glad you brought it up though, because I really have to spend a bit more time attempting to make zbellino lower himself to the majority of the rest of our levels.  I mean, I've thought about doing this before, but it was always just somethin' I'd always put on the back-burner for more pressing topics, like Lawrence Maroney's poly-ann hair cut in his mug-shot.  Honestly though, there is simply NO reason for me not to take just a little added exttra time outta my day in order to bait zbellino into expressing a few extra emotionally judgemental takes on people and their ideas...none at all.  I blame myself really-  No, that's not true: I blame him.    

Sections
Shortcuts