Who is your surprise playoff team in 2013?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Who is your surprise playoff team in 2013?

Mine is the KC Chiefs. Andy Reid at the helm and they finally have a decent QB in Smith, I like them to win 10 games or so, win at least a Wild Card spot, and maybe even steal the AFC West away from the donkeys. Their roster has plenty of talent, and I think Reid can make the most of it. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Who is your surprise playoff team in 2013?

St Loius Rams

Really good coaching,  upgraded the O-line which should keep Bradford healthy, a top 10 defense and some really inetresting rookies if they pan out could be dynamic in their offense.

i also think the Seahawks take a step back this year and they always play SF tough which will could allow them to finish 2nd in the division and give them a WC spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Mine is the KC Chiefs. Andy Reid at the helm and they finally have a decent QB in Smith, I like them to win 10 games or so, win at least a Wild Card spot, and maybe even steal the AFC West away from the donkeys. Their roster has plenty of talent, and I think Reid can make the most of it. Thoughts?

The Chiefs are a trendy pick right now. I just saw on NFL Network someone do the same. I havea  ton of respect for Andy Reid, and felt he was given short shrift over there in Philly, when most of the issues were health related. 

At any rate, I'll go out on a limb right now (while I'm waiting for my girlfriend to get out of her apartment, lol) and go with the Rams. 

They won seven games last season, and lost Jackson. 

OK. 

But they drafted the heck out of this off season. They added Jake Long, Austin, and Jared Cook. They also added a bunch of quick WRs last season too. 

Schottenheimer and Fisher are there for season two together, and they have finally got the pieces they wanted to run the offense they envisioned. I know Marty's son had a rough go of it in New Jersey, but he wasn't running "his" offense, and he was doing it with basically the worst QB in the NFL. 

Now, he is back running the vertically oriented, Coryell offense he implanted in San Diego (and via the Brees trade in New Orleans) that has authored some of the most sucessful scoring machines in the last decade. Fisher got them all the fast WRs the draft could buy, and anyone who watched Bradford at Okie knows the kid can push the ball downfield.

I was visiting St Louis about a month ago, and my friend told me that the team is high on the kid Zac Stacy too, and expect him to be the combo back splitting time with Daryl Richardson who didn't look bad last year either as a combo back.  

If Bradford, who seemed to blossom a bit last season, can't get it done doubts will start to emerge. 

Their defense was already respectable, and really was making up for an offense that couldn't stay on the field. And they added Ogletree. 

The fun part about watching medicore teams ... the rookies play ...

So that's my reasoning right now. When I've got more time, I might change my sleeper team. As it stands I like the Missouri symmetry between the picks here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

St Loius Rams

Really good coaching,  upgraded the O-line which should keep Bradford healthy, a top 10 defense and some really inetresting rookies if they pan out could be dynamic in their offense.

i also think the Seahawks take a step back this year and they always play SF tough which will could allow them to finish 2nd in the division and give them a WC spot.

Ditto, haha. See my post. I forgot to add. They went 4-1-1 in their division last season, which is saying something. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

St Loius Rams

Ditto, haha. See my post. I forgot to add. They went 4-1-1 in their division last season, which is saying something. 

Yeah, I think they are really solid in the trenches. On D the secondary is very talented the only question for me is the young receivers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I also think the Rams could be in the mix for a playoff berth.  Strangely, I think that their QB play could be what holds them back. I'm just not sold on Bradford.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I also think the Rams could be in the mix for a playoff berth.  Strangely, I think that their QB play could be what holds them back. I'm just not sold on Bradford.

Me too. That's why I note it in the post.

I'm 50/50 on the guy. He showed flashes and then stepped back, only to have a decent season. That team has been dysfunctional. I think he has had three different systems taught to him there. 

He gets another season, maybe two. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Miami would be my pick right now.

It might not take that great of a record for a wildcard in the afc in '13.  Between Texans/Indy will probably be one WC, while the AFC north might be so much of a blood bath that 2nd place out of there could easily be under 10 wins.

The fins should have the talent to field a competitive team, a lot of it hinges on Tannehills developement. 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Agreed with St. Louis.

I'll take Oakland. I like what McFadden can do, I loved the draft they had, and I think the new management has a good head on their shoulders. If things come together properly, I think they could make some noise.

Let's go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

New York Jets. Now that would be a surprise!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

IF...... Cleveland Browns have a decent playing of one of their QBs.Yes! they have a good defense, and invested heavily on the defense,Via FA and Draft, they found their rb in Richardson, and IF a one of their QBs avoid turnovers and plays in a regular level maybe they could make some noise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm 50/50 on the guy. He showed flashes and then stepped back, only to have a decent season. That team has been dysfunctional. I think he has had three different systems taught to him there. 

I agree. He isn't bad, but I have my doubts as to whether or not he is good enough to get a team to the playoffs, especially in a pretty tough division. This is a very critical year for Bradford. OL looks  better, WRs better for sure (losing Danny hurt, but I like Austin & Bailey) so the expectations will be very high for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

injuries have slowed bradford too...i still think he can be a solid nfl qb

i'll go dolphins as surprise playoff team but not with any great certainty-some nice new pieces in place but have to prove they are a team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

KC Chiefs.  With the addition of Andy Reid and the innovator behind the pistol offense, Chris Ault as a consultant, Alex Smith is going to do very well and the Chiefs are going to be a whole different team this season.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I agree with Tydog, Miami.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

IF...... Cleveland Browns have a decent playing of one of their QBs.Yes! they have a good defense, and invested heavily on the defense,Via FA and Draft, they found their rb in Richardson, and IF a one of their QBs avoid turnovers and plays in a regular level maybe they could make some noise.

I was going to go cleveland but like you I have a huge question regarding their QB's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Eagles.  Once Vick gets hurt they can play some real fb with a new coach and scheme.  It's the NFC easy after all   I don't see much coming from Washington, ny or Dallas in their way.  I guess you can't count the bengals but I'm always surprised when they make the playoffs.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'll focus on the NFC South. How about Tampa Bay. They really beefed up their secondary and I'm not sold on Payton's return being enough for the Saints to get back into playoff form unless that defense drastically improves. Like the Rams it will come down to QB play. We've seen flashes from Freeman but he lacks the consistency.

I would love to see the Panthers make it to the playoffs too, that should be a pretty competitive division beyond Atlanta.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'd say the NE Patriots.  Every time I visit their chat board on BDC.com, I see posts about how awful their QB Tom Brady is, their defense is so young and can't hold any lead late in a game, they have no marque WR, RBs are questionable and their HC can't draft worth beans.  Plus, the team hasn't won a SB since 2005 and on and on.  Seems the Pats will surprise all.. and if you think this is serious, well, hopfully all it did was put a smile on your face and say.  "yeh, right!" Think SB and another Lombardi!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

I would say the Lions but I really don't like Schwartz and I think he's what would ultimately hold that team back, along with Stafford who seems talented but not highly intelligent or accurate.

I like the Raiders and think that they had a good draft and are on the come up but I think they are a year away.  By next season though Tyler Wilson should have that team fighting for a playoff spot.  Love the kids grit and is just what Oaktown needs in a passer.

So I will go with Philly.  I like what Chip Kelly is doing with his program with the training and diet regimen, along with working on specific areas to get the most out of all of his talent there i.e. working with Vick on how to hold the ball properly to avoid fumbling.  They have a lot of talent on both sides but had massive injuries to their o line last season.  New system, healthier bodies and a renewed commmitment to practice and nutrition lead me to believe they can surprise and grab a WC or even win that division.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I'd say the NE Patriots.  Every time I visit their chat board on BDC.com, I see posts about how awful their QB Tom Brady is, their defense is so young and can't hold any lead late in a game, they have no marque WR, RBs are questionable and their HC can't draft worth beans.  Plus, the team hasn't won a SB since 2005 and on and on.  Seems the Pats will surprise all.. and if you think this is serious, well, hopfully all it did was put a smile on your face and say.  "yeh, right!" Think SB and another Lombardi!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Well done!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Lions, Rams and Dolphins will be knocking at the door.

Chargers and Chiefs would be big surprises if they get in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

cleveland if trent richardson doesnt have a sophmore slump. 

Sections
Shortcuts