Who Makes the Best Whisk(e)y?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Who Makes the Best Whisk(e)y?

With 47 votes, the results aren't too far off from what I expected, with Scotch getting about 40% of the votes.  I'm a little surprised to see Irish whskey ahead of American bourbon, though I figured they'd be close.  No one's jumped in for "other" yet, even though Yamazaki (from Japan) has been awarded the "World's Best Single Malt" two years running in Whisky Magazine's annual contest.  I've never had Yamazaki, but I'd love to get a bottle sometime.  Not much of it is sold in Ontario, though, as far as I can tell.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Who Makes the Best Whisk(e)y?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Makes the Best Whisk(e)y? : Actually ... they all do. The "angel's share" is the part that evaporates out of the cask.  There is a new brand of Bourbon called Angel's Envy crafted by Lincoln Henderson. It's supposed to be finished in port barrels, which I wonder if that makes it bourbon at all, by the technical specs. At any rate ... it is so good (according to Henderson) the Angels wish they had a larger share ... lol.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I know Z, it's just only 1 whiskey distillery promotes it like that so that's what I was referencing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Have recently delved back into Makers and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  Had previously been on an Evan Williams Single Barrel (probably the best value on the market) and Woodford kick. 

Thinking about a bottle of blantons recently but don't want the $70 price tag.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Where ever you may be, if the Bells line of beers gets to you, I highly recommend it.  Two Hearted Ale is one of my favorite IPA's.  Oberon is one of my favorite wheats.  Not a hefe. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

"whiskey is on a bell curve, i dont think there is any great whisky, all i know is that makers mark is average at best" -babe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bell's are among the finest breweries in the world. I think, generally, that I would take Russian River and The Alchemist over them, in the States, but the list I would put above them is very short indeed for quality across the line. 

UD is right ... run ... don't walk, if you can get your hands on some. 

Hopslam is simply world class in all respects. 

Sections
Shortcuts