WHO NEEDS Mankins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WHO NEEDS Mankins?

Connolly is kicking @$$ and taking names. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: WHO NEEDS Mankins?

Not the Pats.  That's who.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I liked what we saw from the offensive line.  I hope this gives the Pats a little more leverage with Mankins.

At the very least, maybe we could get something good back in a trade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I knew this thread was coming..Mankins and his agent have to be looking at this and saying, "we're skkrewed". They should be looking to deal soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The rest of the NFL will be Lambs to the slaughter for our Offense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: WHO NEEDS Mankins?:
    [QUOTE]Ok, everyone hold hands and say it together "Pre-season doesn't mean squat".  If we were down, would you be worried. It's frickin pre-season. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Mr. downer enters the room.  Must be a Jets fan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Guys like Mankins give the Patriots fuel to continue there growth... becasue he is going to get traded for a early pick.

Who need guard depth on the west coast? that has a deep pocket? Send him to the Raiders for there Second and third pick next year.

Maybe the Raiders willkick in Huff seeing how they ruined him too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

The trouble with Connolly is that i always viewed him as Neals replacement but i guess Ornhburger would fall into that slot. Wendell is definitly the center of the future.

Next year is going to be wild becasue light is gone

left to right will be totally different;

Vollmer, Connolly, Wendell, Ornburger, 2nd round pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

its too quick to say guys, rem mankins plays all 16 games, I know his demands are ridiculous but if we keep this up, I'll be a believer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Our OL needs Mankins but his selfish needs dictate otherwise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I knew this thread was coming..Mankins and his agent have to be looking at this and saying, "we're skkrewed". They should be looking to deal soon.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

e~ and ALL...
    Lol, "So alright, the question remains- WHERE precisely, Do We Stand?" 
         "Well, We fudged numbers & statements in the Media & the court of Public Opinion, We're currently outta work & that might possibly be for not 1 but 2 years, We turned down a Salary guarenteeing us Million of dollars for half a decade's work, We threw away a contract which woulda paid us what the Top 5 guys re bein' paid for what them & I do, Oh- And we called the Boss 'Cheap' and 'A Liar'...and, Now it looks as if we've been outsourced." 
         Agent, "I've seen worse...".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Uhm, the Pats do!  Please don't go by a PRE-season (meaningless) game.  The Pats & Mankins need to FIX this situation and get mankins on the field. Period!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnturnberg. Show johnturnberg's posts

In evaluating talent for the Team, will the additionally money spent on Mankins over his replacement be better spent on retaining other players or used to bring in someone else next year?  Would we rather spend $6MM (Mankins $7MM -$1MM replacement) on a running back, line backer, or DB?

If we need 2 yards for a first down, can we run it behind Mankins to pick it up?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Chris Taylor ran the most consistantly. He was the only back over 4 yards per carry. He ran behind the 3rd OLine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think we can label Mankins expendable after one preseason game.  It was good to see what we saw however.  Let's not forget that even though it's only preseason, looking good in a preseason game is better than looking bad in a preseason game.  In fact, in past preseasons hasn't it been a common occurrence to see Brady get pummeled frequently and spark a million threads about how bad our o-line is?  I'll accept what we saw and be happy.

All that said, I'd still like to see Mankins back; just not for mega bucks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In evaluating talent for the Team, will the additionally money spent on Mankins over his replacement be better spent on retaining other players or used to bring in someone else next year?  Would we rather spend $6MM (Mankins $7MM -$1MM replacement) on a running back, line backer, or DB? If we need 2 yards for a first down, can we run it behind Mankins to pick it up?
    Posted by johnturnberg[/QUOTE]

Great point and that is the main question with Mankins.  We know he is a great player but how much of a drop off is there without him.  His millions could be used to resign players like Moss, Brady, or free agents. 

I'm sure the pats look at it like well, if Mankins gets a grade of 100 and costs 10mil per year, and we can get another guard who grades at 90 for 1mil per year than is he worth the investment?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

And that is why BB is the best in the game. He knows what player/postion is worth and he never overpays! Where is Rusty today? I thought he would be seventh heaven after last night's performance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

As far as "just a preseason game" goes well, in general, when it's 1's vs 1's I think it is an accurate barometer, if the other team is high quality (they are) trying hard (they were) and if you aren't looking at win/loss, but at competence at a certain position (we are).  We did well, Mankins position with the team is no different than it was, however.  They knew his value from the beginning, and they knew the quality of replacement they had for at least a couple of practices.  They just can't afford to let this guy leverage them in the media.  He made a fatal error airing this one out in public.  I don't think they keep him if he wants more money, either way.  It's too bad, but that is his bad, not ours.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]As far as "just a preseason game" goes well, in general, when it's 1's vs 1's I think it is an accurate barometer, if the other team is high quality (they are) trying hard (they were) and if you aren't looking at win/loss, but at competence at a certain position (we are).  We did well, Mankins position with the team is no different than it was, however.  They knew his value from the beginning, and they knew the quality of replacement they had for at least a couple of practices.  They just can't afford to let this guy leverage them in the media.  He made a fatal error airing this one out in public.  I don't think they keep him if he wants more money, either way.  It's too bad, but that is his bad, not ours.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]
    Troy - I heard about 5 minutes of the game on Sirius.  It was the pats radio feed so I got all of the hype, BUT it did sound like the pats played well last night for the few minutes I listened.  In particular, the back up QB and Edelman. 

As for Mankins - has he or his agent been in the media since their initial statement?  I just think there is more to this story than we all know.  At any rate, if Mankins hasn't talked since, I don't know what leverage they are trying to gain in the media.  In fact, I believe the leverage is created not by him but by the play of his replacements.  According to the board this morning, his replacement played well.  That doesn't help Mankins. 

What it may do, however, is allow the pats to start exploring trade opps.  If they believe they have his replacement now (after one preseason game), if they were reluctant to market the guy before, maybe now they feel like they can.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Its only one game and pre season at that. Connelly played well. Regardless IMHO Mankins will never play another down in a Pats uniform again.......They developement lineman ...they don't give out record deals to them .....especially  when the best qb in the modern era needs a deal..........enough said

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

mankins is a good player and the pats made a good offer...maybe he will come to his senses...  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They gave Mankins a good offer and the fool didn't take it. That being said. I would MUCH rather have Mankins playing. He's proved he's one of the best at his position. If not they will move on like they always do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

OL showed more than we thought they would last night. That's good but not enough to judge a whole season with all the unpredictable injuries that can occur. What if we had a few injuries on the line? What would the back ups look like? Do we have the OL depth we need? These questions need to figure into what happens to Mankins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Well if we dont need Mankins then we need Kazcur.  The starters on the o-line looked good but man the replacements looked aweful.  Hoyer and Zac were lucky to make it out alive.

This team is real thin on the o-line right now and if we get any more injuries (and boy have the Pats had ALOT on the o-line over the years) this could get real ugly real fast. 

Then we just may see WHO needs Mankins.

Sections
Shortcuts