Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter???

no one?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

a couple people have said he wasnt but chung and merriwether r guna be the best safties in the luege in a year or 2

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirk54. Show kirk54's posts

Coming out of college he was known as a big hitting, sure tackling safety.  You are the only one who I have heard say it! haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter???:
    [QUOTE]Coming out of college he was known as a big hitting, sure tackling safety.  You are the only one who I have heard say it! haha
    Posted by kirk54[/QUOTE]

I'll say this..he went through that A gap like a freaking rocket. I just hope the penalty doesn't make him think twice before doing it again. I'll take a roughing the QB call anytime in exchange for that hit. The stupid thing about the announcers claiming he went helmet to chin was if he actually had done that the QB would have been on the ground out cold with a broken jaw.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter???:
    [QUOTE]That was obviously a premature statement....This dude hits so hard they flagged him for R.T.P even though he hit em squarely in the chest,,,,Henne's head snapped back so fast they thought is was helmet to helmet..this dude is gonna be one hell of a blitzer....we have 3 fast big hitting safeties...I love it!!!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

"Textbook" tackle... Head Up, See What You Hit, and Wrap'em Up.  More to come I'm sure...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Everybody Patrick Chung tonight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We need to hit the Colts receivers and TE's into yesteryear next week.  If they pay enough times we might get lucky with some dropped balls late in the game.  What a nice hit by Chung.  Let's see more of that next week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]I dont Know...I remember some folks on here the last couple of weeks saying Chung misses too many tackles, and he is not the big hitter we've heard about....must be hiding now...but even before McGowan surprised us, I thought we would have a dominating safety tandem in Meri, and Chung, now you throw McGowan in there, you have Sanders playing special teams, and we have great depth now,....I didnt know McGowan ran that well, I knew he was a missle, but he fits perfect, and we have a great 3 man rotation there with guys that can hit, cover, and blitz.,..B.B.  must be like a kid n a store with these young db's... I think the biggest effect our new look secondary may have is next week going against P-Money....Atleast we have a couple guys that can cover TE's...I like Meri, or McGowan covering him,...we have legit Cbs that should be able to slow down Reggie and co...and we only lost 18-15 last year with Hobbs n Wheatley starting, so I like our chances, but we have to stay on schedule on offense, and not let Indy's DE's pin their ears back!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

He's a freaking rookie of course he's going to mess up from time to time. The main thing is whether or not he's working hard and his game is improving.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Even Leon never said Chung couldn't hit. Talk about creating a strawman.

How about "Who said Moss had bad hands?"

You could slam that strawman into the ground Chung style, I bet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

No one ever said he wasn't a big hitter, that was why he was drafted by NE.  I think the big question is can he be a cover guy?  That still remains to be seen, and yes it is early in his career.  He may be better suited as Rodney FS-type, and play center field, but one-on-one...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]If he gets fined by the league, which he might, I say Kraft and the organization should make the most honorable thing and pick up the dam Tab, seriously. Make an exception with this kid, he went out doing what you train him to do, what you ordered him to do, what you want and like him to do, do let him be stranded and get stung and have a dent in his finances by the No fun league that is the NFL. He needs that kind of support, even if you do it on the hush hush. You don't do that, then don't expect him to run at full speed and with this type of ferociousness the next time around he sees an open hole.
    Posted by Swifttight[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll be fined.  I think the tape will show a near-textbook tackle.  It wasn't really helmet to helmet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter??? : I'll say this..he went through that A gap like a freaking rocket. I just hope the penalty doesn't make him think twice before doing it again. I'll take a roughing the QB call anytime in exchange for that hit. The stupid thing about the announcers claiming he went helmet to chin was if he actually had done that the QB would have been on the ground out cold with a broken jaw.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

I read someone refer to him as the missile - I like that :-)

Yes, I am VERY excited about our faster, younger defense - 

Christmas wish: get better at pass rush, run D and run O..

oh...and a credible 3rd WR would be nice as well :-) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter??? : I read someone refer to him as the missile - I like that :-) ... 
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Nah, the last time there was talk of a Patriot Missile in the locker room it didn't go over too well...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nearly everyone on this board wanted the Pats to draft Chung siting an aging Rodney Harrison. I believe this kid can bring the wood; something that will come in handy when we play the Colts and.....every else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Who said Chung wasnt a big hitter???:
    [QUOTE]That was obviously a premature statement....This dude hits so hard they flagged him for R.T.P even though he hit em squarely in the chest,,,,Henne's head snapped back so fast they thought is was helmet to helmet..this dude is gonna be one hell of a blitzer....we have 3 fast big hitting safeties...I love it!!!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]He has always been able to hit. That doesn't mean he can tackle in the open field, against a receiver or running back. Henne was a sitting Duck. Great hit, Chung works hard and is coming along. He still needs to be able to cover people, before BB trusts this kid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Has anyone confirmed whether the hit actually was helmet to helmet?  It didn't look like it, except for the QB's head separating from his body ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone confirmed whether the hit actually was helmet to helmet?  It didn't look like it, except for the QB's head separating from his body ...
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It was like one of those old rockem' sockem' robots. LOL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]a couple people have said he wasnt but chung and merriwether r guna be the best safties in the luege in a year or 2
    Posted by wtfmaroney[/QUOTE] I believe this is Merriwethers 3rd year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]Coming out of college he was known as a big hitting, sure tackling safety.  You are the only one who I have heard say it! haha
    Posted by kirk54[/QUOTE] I believe Chung was a hard hitting CB at Oregeon, but was drafted to convert to a safety.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"I believe Chung was a hard hitting CB at Oregeon, but was drafted to convert to a safety."

Incorrect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Citall. Show Citall's posts

I was watching the game and on the first sack I was thinking who is that?..clearly not what one sees too often in the NFL...that being someone that much faster than everyone else...and a hit that wont quit

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Can a player be fined for being a complete bust like Gholston, he must have calluses on his butt from riding the bench. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Help me out guys. I didn't have a chance to look at this more than what they showed during the game but it looked to me like Chung never even caught him with his helmet and he faked a head jerk backwards. What I did see was on his way down Burgess caught him (from the back side) with his helmet and that was who the call went against.

Can someone confirm this?

Sections
Shortcuts