who should be america,s team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

who should be america,s team?

i know the cowboys were labled that back in the 90,s,but who could we say is it now? well im gonna say the pats thats who.im sure there will be many outsiders that will get there feathers ruffled,but the pats are my team,and who else am i gonna pick?its funny some outsiders get upset when we as pats fans talk about our guys,and our team.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-14/Are-the-Patriots--America-s-Team--.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: who should be america,s team?

I thought they got it in 1979. I have also heard Tex Schramm came up with the name in the 60's. Since he volunteered the Cowboys to play on Thanksgiving and was pretty innovative, it is possibly true.

Aside from that, why rehash a nickname. Who wants to be the second team nicknamed "America's Team"? There should be only one person/team who holds an iconic nickname. There is only one LT. There is only one Pudge. Let there be only one "America's Team".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

They started calling the Cowboys America's Team back in the 70's when Roger Stabach was still playing it was thrown in everyones face in the 90's but it started way before then. I wouldnt pick the Pats, we are hated in this country no way are we America's team. Maybe back in 2001 when we were still the underdogg and everyone was in love with us but now no way. I will say this America is full of D bags and so is New York so I would say one of the New York teams would be America's team. But my team the NE Patriot can kick America's teams a ss any day of the week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: who should be america,s team?:
    I thought they got it in 1979. I have also heard Tex Schramm came up with the name in the 60's. Since he volunteered the Cowboys to play on Thanksgiving and was pretty innovative, it is possibly true. Aside from that, why rehash a nickname. Who wants to be the second team nicknamed "America's Team"? There should be only one person/team who holds an iconic nickname. There is only one LT. There is only one Pudge. Let there be only one "America's Team".
    Posted by EnochRoot

im sure they had the title for sometime.it was the 90,s the last time i still heard they had it.but i cant see them having it now.as fans we can feel the pats are americas team,but yes many fans do hate us.but thats just it.how can you pick one when all fans will object?thinking there team belongs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I will say this America is full of D bags and so is New York.
    Posted by MVPkilla

I'll second that on New York, that comes from having been there on more than one occasion. America being full of them though, that's a stretch even though a few (not counting trolls) post on these boards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Considering the downhill direction of this country, the Detroit Lions should be America's Team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Is there some reason why any football team should be America's team? America's teams are the ones we send to the Olympics every other year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"America is full of D bags and so is New York"

Another brilliant mind curtsey of the public school system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Cowboys and Braves are America's Teams by sport.  It's not an honor, it's just a nickname and some sort of elitist ranking developed by the good ol' boys down south.  I don't think that's the type of attention coach Bill would be looking for in a league where titles determine everything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I will say this America is full of D bags and so is New York.
    Posted by MVPkilla

I'll second that on New York, that comes from having been there on more than one occasion. America being full of them though, that's a stretch even though a few (not counting trolls) post on these boards.

Well, I've been to 48 states, and I'd say they were all over. A-holes and d-bags can be found wherever you go...it's not a localized thing. Places like NY and LA appear to have more, but that's simply because there are more people there than in most cities.

Is there some reason why any football team should be America's team? America's teams are the ones we send to the Olymics every other year.

Excellent point! The Patriots are New England's team. The rest of the country can just sit there and be jealous!

Cowboys and Braves are America's Teams by sport.  It's not an honor, it's just a nickname and some sort of elitist ranking developed by the good ol' boys down south.  I don't think that's the type of attention coach Bill would be looking for in a league where titles determine everything.

I don't know about the Braves, but the Cowboys were dubbed that because they had a widespread fanbase, and because of Staubach's military service back in the 70s. With sattelite TV and the internet a lot of teams now have large fanbases outside their local viewing area. And I agree BB would not be overly thrilled with the Patriots being portrayed as such. The only attention he wants is the kind you get when you hoist the Lombardi!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Whenever I hear the word America's Team I think of the Cowboys since growing up in the 70's that is what they were. Really don't care about being America's Team, and whoever ESPN comes up with as America's Team will have no real bearing for the majority of the population. The Patriots are our team and if the rest of the country hates us, good for them I'd love to be a thorn in their side for the next 10 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Posted by SonnyCorlione

The Cowboys and Braves were named America's teams by their marketing departments. It worked well for the Cowboys who sell a lot of shirts overseas to people who have never seen an American football game.

Ted Turner looked to cash in on the same thing but it never caught on.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dead54. Show Dead54's posts

Even though i don't think it matters who is "America's team," I do beleive it should only be a team with red white and blue. This gives us....... The Giants. The Bills. The Pats. The Texans. And I think that's it for NFL teams. The Giants don't even play in their alleged state. The Bills will soon enough be the Toronto Bills. The Pats represent multiple states, the orignal states, and are the freakin PATRIOTS. The Texans have been at best mediocre, and America would at least want a winning team. The clear winner is the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Cowboys will always be America's team.  I love the Pats, but I see them as more hated by other fans.  When the Cowboys were winning, you never heard anything but praise for Dallas.  The Patriots are viewed as the Yankees of the NFL, the evil empire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the more the reason the pats should be.the pats get more attention then any other team in the NFL,even if its negative,or by the haters.sure they get the proper praises also.they are always makeing the headlines,and are always picked to be in the superbowl.which even brings out more negative attention from the haters.they are the team we love.and they are the team that others love to hate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

America's teams are our Olympic Teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

It would have to be the yellow towel wavers or the cheese heads. These things show up at every stadium. As for the Pats? I wear something with the Pats logo everyday and have a logo on my truck. It never fells to find a hater. I live in TN you know the home of the colts. Because Peyton went to school here like TEN years ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Steelers fans will argue until their blue in the face that they should be America's team.  I've also heard a story that they were offered to have the nickname but turned it down because they wanted to be "Pittsburgh's team."

Honestly.  It makes me sick.  I just can't stand the Steelers.

Regardless, I totally agree with EnochRoot.  Why do you want to have a rehashed nickname? Who wants to be the second America's Team?  Develop a new one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The Cowboys will always be America's team.  I love the Pats, but I see them as more hated by other fans.  When the Cowboys were winning, you never heard anything but praise for Dallas.  The Patriots are viewed as the Yankees of the NFL, the evil empire.
    Posted by Grogan77
    I guess not of late.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/13/poll-cowboys-americas-most-hated-team/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i saw about 10 minutes of that show,and had to turn it off. it was awful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Put Jack in at QB, Pete at WR, and Dennis at RB.

www.luminousnuminous.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/easyrider.jpg" alt="easyrider" title="easyrider" width="198" height="156" />

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

could you imagine a bunch of strings hanging down through your tv?watching one of them trying to run.LoL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Put Jack in at QB, Pete at WR, and Dennis at RB. www.luminousnuminous.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/easyrider.jpg " alt="easyrider" title="easyrider" width="198" height="156" />
    Posted by Harleyroadking111
    at least they dont have strings.

Sections
Shortcuts