Who should get more blame for this loss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Who should get more blame for this loss?

not too hard to figure it out. the players and coaches

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

40 min time of possession for Pitt, the offense hardly had the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

sorry to say it, but brady and bb really sh!!t the bed today, the d was gawd awful in the 1st half, but the d held the steelers to two field goals in the 2nd half and we couldnt capitalize...bad play calls and bad play by brady did us in

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

the defense is bad.  There's no way around that.  When you don't force a punt until late in the 4th quarter against a top tier opponent on the road, there's no real way to win.  Andre Carter continues to be the only player on defense making any impact in the passing game.  Don't care about Mark Anderson's garbage time sacks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

To be fair, I saw several key plays in the 1st half where the Steelers were getting away with some pretty obvious holding, which allowed them to have those long drives. But yeah, when the other team has the ball and can put together that many long drives, you are not going to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think what it comes down to is this: our defense showed promise entering the bye. Coming out of it, we looked like garbage. That's what concerns me and that's what will determine our playoff hopes this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Who should get more blame for this loss?:
    [QUOTE]Has to be coaching.  They have been playing that soft zone leave the middle open for 3 years now.  On offense no balance no running the ball.  Horrible game plan.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    Did you see the results when they tried to play man early in the season?  They were literally the most porous pass defense since the merger thru the first 4 weeks of the season.  And they tried to run today, even putting in Solder for extensive amounts of time as a 3rd TE, it didn't work.  The personell aren't good enough on defense, the best minds in the game can't fix that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The better question would be.....Is there anyone who can't be blamed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]It felt like a loss right away.  This team has a "phone it in" feeling some times, and they usually do when that happens.  This was bad.  I'm sick.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    When the offense can't protect early on, it's always a cause for concern.  This defense just can't play from behind against the top teams, they give up 3rd and 15s with regularity.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

The pathetic pass defense. The secondary can't even make a stop when it's 3rd and 15 or more!!!!!!! They look like the worst pass defense in football. You are what you are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the call for the onside kick was horrible, the d was horrible, but they gave up 6 points in the second half..six!!! why couldnt they get one more stop...poor coaching, poor offensive execution, and bad defensive play calls, they are giving the receivers 5 plus yards of cushion every play, you wont win like that against any decent qb..the db's were aggressive against the pats receivers and we saw the result

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Here we go again, it is Brady's fault that the defense can't get a stop on 3rd and long. The steelers were 10-16 on 3rd down. Roethlisberger threw for 360+ yards. They did not run the ball because they could not get the ball enough. BJGE averaged less than 2 ypc and only Faulk running out of the spread seemed to work. They fell behind and they had to fight the clock at the ends of both halves. Falling behind killed them because it stopped the running game. Going three and out at the beginning of the 3rd quarter hurt bad because the steelers went on a 7 minute drive and scored again putting the Pats down 2 scores again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

the coach had two weeks to get the team  ready...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

its easy to point fingers when u lose........TEAM WINS AND TEAM LOSS's..........To many mistakes to list

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Despite all the problems, they had a chance at the end.

Why didnt they challenge the pass to Gronk at the goal line with about 4 minutes left? I assume they could? It was a TD; they would have saved two minutes on the clock!

And the onside kick call was flat wrong. As the announcers said, the grass is different than at the Razor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE] The better question would be.....Is there anyone who can't be blamed?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Bingo

The O had 8 drives and couldn't do anything at all. Pitts OL was holding all day why couldn't our OL try it? Penalties amassed on false starts. The running game was pretty much non-existent. Not a single receiver could get any type of separation

The D was god awful. Pitt came in with an obvious strategy of long drives that chew up clock and keeps Brady off the field. Guess what the ToP was 2:1 in Pitts favor. That tells you all we need to know. Sure Pitt was holding on a ton of plays but giving the entire middle of the field on every 3rd down play is inexcusable

The coaching was running into brick walls without helmets. Seriously, couldn't adjust and put someone on Miller or close up the middle of the field? O'Brien had no answer for Pitt putting 10-11 players on the line of scrimmage

The refs, are they blind? Not a single holding call, Gronk catching a ball in the end zone and when he stretched out for the 1st down yet spotted a full yard backwards, even some bad calls that went against Pitt. Seriously, was this their first game being officials. Even that sideline judge that called the PI looked confused why the judge 3' from the play didn't see the obvious PI.

If this was a close game I'd look closer at the refs but in the end we didn't deserve to win this game based on game play so please don't think I'm blaming the refs, just pointing out how poor of officiating it was

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

BB gets the blame. He has put a shocking defense out for a few years now and everyone but he can see it and it just got worse losing 2 defensive backs during the week. Poor game plan when he has had 2 weeks to come up with it and it was a Steelers team weakened with injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Pls can you tell mrBelicheck that Mr Brady only have years to play pls draft elite pass rusher obviously your defensive scheme is not working especially coming out of bye week. Our defense suck good game by Steelers hopefully we meet again in the playoff one thing I know is that Steelers got Belicheck and Brady this time. But I doubt if tis happen again in the playoff

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should get more blame for this loss? : They were pretty balanced until the last quarter and a half. 12 passes, 10 runs. Outside of a 9 yard scamper on 3rd and 17, they ran the ball 9 times for 2.3 yards per carry. The bottom line is they need to carry it better than that. Running for -1, 2, 1 yards per play is a drag, and leaves you in silly 3rd and long plays. They were getting stuffed.  At some point you need to actually execute those plays, both the passes and the runs. Not commit stupid penalties. Get open. Catch the ball. Finish your run blocks. And protect the passer.  None of their plays were working.  And their passing wasn't much better. Pitt basically bottled and beat up their WRs and TEs. NE needs to start beating people in these matchups at the line or it's going to be a long season, because everyone wants to punch their WRs.  The only people on the offense that looked like they even came to play today were Faulk (good to see him back!) and Brady.  And the defense couldn't get itself off the field to get them another chance. The tackling on the defense was about the worst though. They were missing tackles left and right, arm tackling. It absolutely drives me nuts. Crazy. I can't stand it. Arm tackling is essentially giving the other team extra yardage.  Two drives over seven minutes and three drives over five minutes? That is one half of football right there. 30 minutes and 23 points. And that is before  the drives that only went a couple minutes and didn't score.  All told, you leave your offense with only 8 chances to score 24 points, and only 20 minutes to do it in against a defense that feeds off of rushing the passer. Unacceptable.  Total failure. Total failure on both sides of the ball. Total failure of pass protection, getting open, run blocking, running, tackling, pass rushing, coverage, and special teams especially which literally hurt the team today. HUGE missed FG when the hurry up offense started moving the ball. Terrible job kick returning. Terrible missed onside kick for a penalty.  And a failure of coaching.  Why the heck is NE kicking onsides? With 2:43 to go? Just kick it away and use your time outs on the other end. If anything it gets you better feild position if you get the stop. And it is better than taking chances on a play that only works 10% of the time when the opponent expects it.  About the only thing you can come away with from this game is that they played like crap for 40 minutes and one silly missed FG, and still managed to play a one score game in playoff team's stadium.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Great post. My response to you will most likely appear way earlier but as I said on another thread what the hell were they thinking about on that onside kick. They managed to get the stop they needed but now they were at their own 20 with no time outs. If anything this shows that even when the Pats stink they are competitive but these next two weeks will be awfully tough for the Pats. The Giants offense can really throw the ball this year. Eli is having his best season ever passing the ball so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The defense. Wide open Pitt receivers on mealy every play. I done even see how its possible to have that many guys open on every play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Who should get more blame for this loss?

My thought's are they all stunk, but the defense was the worse.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Has to be coaching.  They have been playing that soft zone leave the middle open for 3 years now.  On offense no balance no running the ball.  Horrible game plan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I'm gonna give credit where it is due... the Steelers played a heck of a game and simply beat the Pats.  Their defensive backfield had a blanket on the receivers all day.  Even when Brady had time, he couldn't find someone.  The Pats D, on the other hand, kept the blanket to themselves.  Overall, the Steelers were by far the better team today.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

their man to man coverage was like white on rice...Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

It's all my fault. I didn't cheer hard enough.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'm gonna give credit where it is due... the Steelers played a heck of a game and simply beat the Pats.  Their defensive backfield had a blanket on the receivers all day.  Even when Brady had time, he couldn't find someone.  The Pats D, on the other hand, kept the blanket to themselves.  Overall, the Steelers were by far the better team today.

Sections
Shortcuts