[QUOTE]Deangelo or Pierre Thomas
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]
    this

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

Re: Who should the Pats add for a RB

are all those players free agent ...don't sleep on ronnie brown 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

ohh yess....lets bring on more aging..injury prone players...maybe they will play 8 or 9 games a year then go away...lets try a new approach....Draft one with speed and moves...if he can catch the ball great...but one that can bust one occassionaly.....i know its against BB's mindset...but BB dont be scared...it may just work out..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Both.  Go cheap and experienced in FA and draft one to develop.

Top choice is Pierre Thomas due to playoff/SB experience and his style in between the tackles as a runner. He is also really good on screens/check downs underneath.

He'd also likely be cheaper than DeAngelo Williams since he got hurt last year but should be ready to go by camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i also like th idea of getting a vet Fa then pick up a RB we can devlop onhe draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I think Ricky Williams would be a great fit here.  He's turned into a warrior after making some bone headed decisons and would be like a healthier Fred Taylor.  I know he would love a ring before he retires, and I'm willing to bet he would put in all the work needed to get it in an enviroment where it was a solid possibility.  Pierre Thomas would be a very intriquing aquistion as well, with more upside, providing he can stay on the field. 

That being said though, I still think we need to pull the trigger on an RB during the draft, just not in the first couple of rounds.  There will be a good amount of talent available in the middle rounds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i like Daniel Thomas form Kansas State.  He could be there late 2nd or early 3rd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I say get rid of Fragile Fred and Morris, shore things up with Heath Evans and a draft pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: Who should the Pats add for a RB:
    [QUOTE]I say get rid of Fragile Fred and Morris, shore things up with Heath Evans and a draft pick.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]
    Thats not a bad Idea i like getting a traditional FB
    also Ryan williams Rb from va tech pick him up in the 3rd round is a good all around back.Has been hurt but is fine now and saves wear and tear. The one thing bad about the law firm is he recived a ton of carries in college and takes a pounding the way he runs could break down. Ryan williams could step into his role is this happened

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Daniel Thomas from Kansas St.

Is a big bruiser at 6'2", 228. possible Corey Cillon type who has quick feet, can turn the corner but makes his money in between the tackles where he always falls forward and gets positive yardage. He isnt really a home run threat, but not many backs are these days.  He is above average in pass protection so that wouldnt be an issue and the only thing the Pats wouldnt like is the fact he is not a great pass catcher or route runner, but he can learn that, or they can just take him off the field on 3rd down.  If the Pats transition more to playing under center (I think they should) than the lack of pass catching wouldnt be that big an issue, not to mention we have a 3rd down back with Danny. 

As far as free agents, depending on the budget, I like Ronnie Brown, but more realistic to expect a cheaper option like McGahee, but grab a vet and draft this guy Thomas in the 4th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

^ this guy Thomas played a lot of wildcat as well.  He threw for 450 yards and a couple scores, and was involved in more than half the snaps either throwing, running or catching. His running style reminds me a bit of Arian Foster, but I dont know if he is that fast.  He supposedly isnt a home run threat, but the film shows he has some quick feet and decent burst.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Deangelo Williams if the price is right. Take the proven back and save the draft picks for Offensive and defensive line help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Offer up the 33 and our 3rd for Peterson, we smoked the Vikes once lets try and do it again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

BSpikes, Ryan Williams went to my rival high school and although this kid is an absolute stud, he is ALWAYS hurt. It's not just this past season. He has all of the talent in the world and tremendous upside but he simply cannot stay on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Go cheap and use a late round pick for Taiwan Jones of Eastern Washington.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Peterson fumbles too much for me.  We got spoiled by BGE this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Peterson would never happen, but I think if given the chance, I would be tempted to take the negative of maybe 4 to 5 fumbles a year for the 1800 yards and most likely 20 TD's in this offense.  If he didnt get 1800 yards, surely Tom would pass for 5,000 yards with 8 in the box all the time...Another reason to upgrade to a power running back thats in the 230 lb range.. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I agree with the power running back. This team with Dillon was scary. I went to the Cincy/Miami game this year. Watching Ronnie Brown run for the first half then ricky williams get the ball in the second, those 2 just wore the D down. They both ran pretty smart, let the play develop and hammered the hole. That free'd Marshall up in the passing game. I still wonder why we didnt run against the Jests.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Exactly, even tho' BJGE was more than servible, he is not a feature back and benefited from blocking and teams looking for pass, but not to take anything away because he always fell forward for positive yardage, but you need a big bruiser like A.P., Arian Foster,etc to scare a defense and pound them enough to commit 8 in the box.

I'm honestly starting to think they will always just let brady throw and be more concerned that a back can pass protect than break a long run.  I feel they figure since they are paying him so much, why not use him like that.  They dont want to defer 35-40 carries to a lesser player if they feel Tom can pass them outta any situation, but this year will tell me what they think about it going forward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

My money's still on one'a the choices I made on my Pre-Senior Bowl/Pre-Combine Hot Prospects thread...  For RunningbackNebraska's Roy Helu...  Few minor nicks, but nothing major.  Many had almost Heisman-like expectations on him for 2010, and when he didn't simply OVER-dominate EVERY-where, his stock fell...ridiculous.  I've watched film on each and EVERY single one of these top runningbacks (a few films EACH). 

So let's run down the list beginning with the 2 probable 1st Rounders: Mark Ingram & Mikel Leshoure...  Mark Ingram is a guy that does EVERYthing well, but seemingly nothing superb imo.  Good news is, that he's a proven commodity.  Bad news is, you're using a 1st Round Selection to nab a solid but imho, no way a super-star back, who has many miles already on his body, and played behind a simply dominant Alabama O-Line.  Not worth a 1st rounder...no way.  Mikel Leshoure...  Imho, The guy has the EXACT between the tackles body I want for my RB to compliment NE's smaller zone-blocking O-Line, and to keep spearheading DTs honest enough to hesitate even for an instant, rather than gap-shooting full-bore straight @ Brady stepping up in the pocket...  Bad news is, He is WAY over-rated...and the insane thing is, I desperately do NOT want this to be true...I seriously don't.  His open-field moves simply s#ck, awfully.  1 poor juke, then he tries to bull-doze the person he's juking, and 9 outta 10 times, he gets tripped up in doing so...and this is against COLLEGE players.  He is simply in NO, and I mean ZERO way worthy of using a 1st rder on... 

Ya got now, in most probability, 2 2nd rders: Demarco Murray & Daniel Thomas...  K-State's Daniel Thomas, is like a poor man's Mikel Leshoure...unfortunately, his field vision is 1000X worse than even Leshoure's "average" field vision...  Idk, mayyybe if he somehow just lights up the combine's physicals and interview, and I mean MAYBE...maybe he's semi worthy of NE's last 2nd rder...but I wouldn't pull the trigger on him.  Oklahoma's Demarco Murray...  THIS is the 1 single back outta the 4 I've mentioned, who IS a super-star runningback.  Guy's got it all... Ya watch film on the other 3 guys, and ya come away saying, "Oh...ummm, nice I guess."  With Murray, ya get that "Wow" factor.  Moves, tackle breaker, simply exceptional at pass-catching too...Annnd He's apparently made outta some form of delicate crystal china tea-cup.  Guy's been injured 167 X thus far in his college career, BIG injuries too.  

~NOW ya got 2 3rd rder pick selections for The Patriots, and you in most & great probability, can easily acquire Nebraska's Roy Helu, with even that last 3rd rder...  Cold weather RB (a BIG plus).  Has gone and played against exceptional opponents.  Just measured in @ 6'0 even and 219lbs...Big boy.  THIS guy runs and moves so finesse, yet is built like a tank.  Absurdly good field vision too...  Fantastic pass-catcher...  GREAT value using just a late 3rd rder on him...  Apparently, although I don't know the stats, He was excellent in The Senior Bowl against the ttop Senior Collegiates...  NO-one, and I mean, not a single player that I've seen, HITS the hole as fast and decisive as THIS guy (and it ain't even close here on this one)...  Turns it outside just a little too much imo...but the crazy thing, is that he CAN, and IS fast enough to turn the corner.  His field awareness, really is superb imho...  Does NOT slow down in his fantastic change-of-direction speed...  In a zone-blocking RB, you actually want and even NEED most (imo): A RB who's got enough size, then one who's got enough speed in order to BOTH hit that hole so quick and hard, YET 1 who absolutely therefore here, does NOT hesitate, and DOES trust his blockers in that a hole WILL develop WHEN he does get there...  Roy Helu has ALL of this.  BIG plus, in that he's a team leader, and UTTERLY quiet & humble (watching his off-field interviews)...  

Here's his stats for the last 3 seasons @ Nebraska-one can see, he's on the upside, as well):

2008: Atts-125/Yrds-803/Avg-6.4/TDs-7/Rec-25/Yrds-266
    2009: Atts-220/Yrds-1147/Avg-5.2/TDs-10/Rec-19/Yrds-149
    2010: Atts-188/Yrds-1245/Avg-6.6/TDs-11/Rec-5/Yrds-46
    <note: asked to pass-catch less in his last 2 seasons, but carry the load @ feature RB, far more..he did, and thus, CAN still do BOTH />

Here's a Highlight of Roy Helu, Jr.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YC6JRpv3GY&feature=fvwrel

Simply, an exceptional value, using a 3rd rder on Helu, who's EVERY bit, the equal, of these 1st and 2nd rders...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Some opponents Roy Helu has run against in his collegiate career seasons (majority of them, faced more than once):

USC
    Iowa State (4X)
    Missouri (4X)
    Ball State
    Arkansas St
    Oklahoma State (2X)
    Texas A&M (2X)
    Wake Forest
    Texas (3X)
    Kansas (4X)
    Kansas St (4X)
    Oklahoma (3X)
    Nevada
    San Jose St
    New Mexico St
    Virginia Tech (2X)
    Texas Tech (2X)
    Baylor (2X)
    Western Michigan (2X)
    Colorado (4X)
    Clemson
    Arizona
    Washington (2X)

Getting a 6+ yard average against this opposition...ridiculous.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Who should the Pats add for a RB:
    [QUOTE]Peterson would never happen, but I think if given the chance, I would be tempted to take the negative of maybe 4 to 5 fumbles a year for the 1800 yards and most likely 20 TD's in this offense.  If he didnt get 1800 yards, surely Tom would pass for 5,000 yards with 8 in the box all the time...Another reason to upgrade to a power running back thats in the 230 lb range.. 
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
      Pick your poison, Rex!

25. This post has been removed.