Who should the Pats add for a RB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re: Who should the Pats add for a RB

I say lets draft Balial Powell of Louisville or Clay from Wisconsin in the  fourth or fifth round, and I would pick up a nice free agent - Brian Leonard, ex-Rutgers star, has been with Bengals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Leshoure with the 33rd pick and pick up Ricky williams or D Williams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

My vote would be draft, but my pick daniel thomas won't be around. The patiots won't pick a RB till after the 6th round, probably a FA rookie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

FA ~ Brian Leonard
    Draft ~ Ingram

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Gotta pass on Ingram, at 17 anyway. We need a pass rush first above anything. Probably going to need an O line. I don't think Kaczur is going to be back at 100%. Once a bad back always one. I'm sure his pain pill use is watched closely. Mankins will probably leave that leaves some big holes on the line. I think Ricky williams or ronnie Brown would be worth a look. Williams owed the fins 8M when he walked away from FB so he needs to be a good boy for a while. The guy can still run. D Williams would be another good choice. Grab a back later in the draft to groom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HARLEYROADKING11:Nice to see somebesides myself mention Leonard.He is a young Heath Evans with better quickness and speed.Has very good hands,picks up the dog and blitz well and is a solid a lead blocker.Unless Williams will take short money(and that is not likely unfortunately)and the Pats want a veteran at reasonable dollars(by NFL standards of course),Leonard is my choice.If they choose to wait till the late third to late fourth round to grab an RB Powell and Helu would be really good fits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I've always felt that Leonard was underutilized in St. Louis and Cinny, he has the Patriot attitude and would fit in here nicely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

I seriously doubt BB wil take another RB within the first 2 rounds due to the bad taste left by Laura Maroney. (BB=Maroney, Red Auerbach=Len Bias) YEs I know Len Bias died tragically, but Maroney was a long lasting cancer that kicked BB in the brain!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I am 100% with you kebbe, and harley, here on Brian Leonard...

Leonard in Free Agency and Helu as a 3rd rd Draft selection...  Together, VERY good value that wouldn't cost NE, jack.  Pass-happy league, and this year's RB class doesn't have what NE needs imo, and I really wish it did, b/c Pats DO need 1 or preferably 2 Backs... Yet, THIS way, ya can say good-by to Fred Taylor & Sammy Morris, retire Kevin Faulk, and STILL be deep & pretty decent @ RB, with BJGE & Roy Helu as your feature RBs, and/or BJGE and Brian Leonard as your other tandem, AND ya can do Woodhead as your scat-back...  Imho, This is versatile & in many ways interchangeable, skill-wise, in case 1 of these 4 go down, or ya wanna see how 1 of these 4 guys plays verses a specific Defense.  Leonard and Helu=Both bigger RBs...Helu built a speck more for speed, while Leonard a bit more bulk....yet, BOTH can do parcels of either.  BJGE and Woodhead=BJGE built more as a 1st and 2nd down all-around guy, while Woodhead's more of a spread formation scatback...yet, BOTH can do either.  

Great Value @ a very needed position, and ya still have Big Cap Room w/ what you'd end up signing Helu and Leonard for...  And with just spending a 3rd rder on Helu, ya still have BOTH your 1st rders, BOTH your 2nd rders (1 of which, you'll trade into the 2012 Draft, 1st Round), and you have now, that first 3rd rder...

Sum Total?  Two 1st rd selections, One 2nd rd selection, and One 3rd rd selection...  Bare minimum: Ya got a starting OT, a starting 3-4 DE, an OLB and or collegiate DE-OLB good & less risky project in that single 2nd rder, THEN either a starting caliber OG (b/c OGs and esp. zone-blocking OGs DO slip far down), OR a project WR, OR a less heralded CB (CB AND WR=BOTH deep in this draft, not w/ "Elite" Talent, but definately w/ "Decent" Talent), AND finally Roy Helu (w/ last 3rd rd choice) and Brian Leonard in Free Agency