who stays, who goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

who stays, who goes?

I still dont see a role for Shiancoe if Hern and Gronk are healthy. Fells is the better blocker, Huma is playing 3-4 special teams and full back.

Is it possible that Branch has slipped so much that he is the odd man out? Hern slides to wide out if needed?

3 WR set=Wes, Lloyd, Edelman

4WR set=Wes, Lloyd, Edelman, Hernandez

I do see a role for Pryor is healthy.

QUestion is which 2 players go?

Assuming everyone is healthy, including Chung and Gregory, I am thinking it is Branch and Moore that are the odd man out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: who stays, who goes?

get rid of Huma, we can find another guy to play on special teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still dont see a role for Shiancoe if Hern and Gronk are healthy. Fells is the better blocker, Huma is playing 3-4 special teams and full back.

Is it possible that Branch has slipped so much that he is the odd man out? Hern slides to wide out if needed?

Bobby carpenter could be cut again to make room for Pryor. If tracy White gets healthy it's hard to see them carrying 4 back-up LB's. Now that tarpinian has been activated I'm not sure if he can go back to the practice squad.

It would be risky for them to cut any DB's the way things have been going but I agree that Moore would be the most likely candidate.

It's harder to find an expendable guy on offense.

Assuming everyone is healthy, including Chung and Gregory, I am thinking it is Branch and Moore that are the odd man out

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No way Moore gets cut with Arrington, Chung, Gregory and Ras-I all nursing injuries. I think Arrington got concused, so I'm not sure how long he'll be out.

BB seems to love Arrington, for whatever reason, so you can believe, if healthy, he'll be back in the line-up. 

I just hope Marquice Cole is healthy enough to go, did he keep playing after he got hurt guys? I stopped watching and started watching Cowboys and Giants. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm looking at the roster the guys I think could be in biggest trouble are:

Carpenter - As Steg pointed out I'm not sure he gives you more then White and White is a BB favorite for some odd reason. His spot is questionable

Brace - he looked great in the pre-season but I haven't heard a peep since. I think this is his last year regardless

Williams - In a DB core that could be one of the worst in the league this guy can't get playing time. For me that puts him in serious risk of getting the boot, with the one huge exception that they need serious depth

Cunningham - I'm going to get some flak for this one mainly becuase of a handful of plays that stick out in peoples heads. But on a whole Cunningham has played at an average to sub-average level. Now that might be because they are using him in an interior rushing role but when he was outside I cringed every time the opposing team ran a sweep in his direction. He's just horrendous against the run and for the most part has been a negative player with exception of a handful of rememberal plays. He also doesn't give you anything on ST's so he really has become a 1 down niche player, something BB hates.

Francis - I like the kid a lot and he has shown promise but it all depends on if BB thinks he can sneak him onto the PS. If he can Francis seems like a reasonable drop but he does give you something on ST's which is more then most of the backup DL's.

Hooman - He's been steady and has been improving week in and week out. He's also open up a ton of holes for the runners on short down yardage. It might be hard to replace that but BB has never hesitated to use an extra OL or LB in the role in the past. I guess the question comes down to how much BB values the vesitility and blocking ability

Branch - Brady's favorite is seeing extremely limited reps and with Edelman getting close to 100% again there might not be room if BB wants to move Hern closer to a WR position. If BB is dead set on keeping all the TE's then something has to give and naturally it would be another receiver

Shia - there's a very good reason why many of us questioned using the 1 time IR exception on him. Fells has proven to be a very capiable blocking TE and Hooman has versatility. If Hern and Gronk are healthy I'm not sure Shia has a role on this team. We could see a case where Shia gets tossed on the season IR or just plain gets cut unless Gronk or Hern aren't close to 100% come thanksgiving.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm still wondering why Branch was kept on and not Gaffney. 

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm still wondering why Branch was kept on and not Gaffney. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Gaffney=injured.

Still trying to get on the field with the Phins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carpenter - As Steg pointed out I'm not sure he gives you more then White and White is a BB favorite for some odd reason. His spot is questionable

Carp has played well on passing downs, and lets face it, Mayo, Soikes and Hightower need to be subbed in obvious passing downs. Playing a lot of ST as well

Brace - he looked great in the pre-season but I haven't heard a peep since. I think this is his last year regardless

I think he stays simply as depth. Dline is very thin on the interior

Williams - In a DB core that could be one of the worst in the league this guy can't get playing time. For me that puts him in serious risk of getting the boot, with the one huge exception that they need serious depth

Back to the practice squad?

Cunningham - I'm going to get some flak for this one mainly becuase of a handful of plays that stick out in peoples heads. But on a whole Cunningham has played at an average to sub-average level. Now that might be because they are using him in an interior rushing role but when he was outside I cringed every time the opposing team ran a sweep in his direction. He's just horrendous against the run and for the most part has been a negative player with exception of a handful of rememberal plays. He also doesn't give you anything on ST's so he really has become a 1 down niche player, something BB hates.

100% disagree. Surprise of the season. Getting pressure. Holding his lane. Playing outside and inside. Snap count is increasing for good reason.

Francis - I like the kid a lot and he has shown promise but it all depends on if BB thinks he can sneak him onto the PS. If he can Francis seems like a reasonable drop but he does give you something on ST's which is more then most of the backup DL's.

I think he is claimed

Hooman - He's been steady and has been improving week in and week out. He's also open up a ton of holes for the runners on short down yardage. It might be hard to replace that but BB has never hesitated to use an extra OL or LB in the role in the past. I guess the question comes down to how much BB values the vesitility and blocking ability

I think Shiancoe is a better pass catching TE. But Huma is playing 4 core ST units, and is the full back on goal line situations.

Branch - Brady's favorite is seeing extremely limited reps and with Edelman getting close to 100% again there might not be room if BB wants to move Hern closer to a WR position. If BB is dead set on keeping all the TE's then something has to give and naturally it would be another receiver

I thought he was simply worn down from over use last year at an advanced age. He obviously has slowed tremendously, and is a luxury in case of injury. Edelman has passed him on the depth chart, and Branch offers zero ST play.

Shia - there's a very good reason why many of us questioned using the 1 time IR exception on him. Fells has proven to be a very capiable blocking TE and Hooman has versatility. If Hern and Gronk are healthy I'm not sure Shia has a role on this team. We could see a case where Shia gets tossed on the season IR or just plain gets cut unless Gronk or Hern aren't close to 100% come thanksgiving.

Agree, he is insurance against injury. Can he be traded and does he hold any value?  

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hey Rkarp, how do you like the best O-line in the league?

I agree with you that Branch should be a goner but don't think BB will do it. Time to give Salas a chance imo. Branch = zero seperation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with you that Branch should be a goner but don't think BB will do it. Time to give Salas a chance imo. Branch = zero seperation

[/QUOTE] I love Branch too but it's time to move on! If someone gets's hurt the Pat's could bring him back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Champ,

I still don't like it. I am still not a fan of Wendell. His 2-4 mistakes per game are going to get some one hurt (Brady?). He is a hard worker and his versatility is appreciated. But for me, he is a back up. Wouldn't surprise me to see BB daft a C very early

I think Vollmer is holding up fairly well, but I dont think it is a slam dunk he gets extended until he shows he can be healthy. WHen healthy, I think he is top 3 RT in the league.

Solder is impressive. Granted, I saw him a dozen or so times in camp, and he was not impressive. He was also replaced in the SB last year. HAs shown great improvement, and can still reach All Pro so it seems

Still think Mankins in top 3 G in the league, although he is wearing down which is troublesome.

I think Thomas is adequate, making 4-6 mistakes per game that are obvious. Wouldn't surprise me if some one offers him more than the Pats feel he is worth.

I have not seen enough of McDonald yet, but wouldn't surprise me if he is starting over Wendell before the year is out based on what we saw from him last year.

Cannon havent seen enough of yet, but what I saw early season, was troublesome.

No surprise if the PAts address the line in the off season, need to get bigger on the interior. IMO that is why they lost to the Seahawks, Cards and Ravens. They were manhandled on the interior and could not open any holes. Jets, Rams, Titans are not as physical, and the Oline looked good. It will be a sore spot against teams like the 49'ers, Phins and Texans

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with the latter, and I don't neccessarily agree the O-line is the best in the league, despite the latest ranking. I saw what you saw with trouble rushing up the middle against Seattle and Zona(all though most teams do) but we also have been missing Mankins and Connoly.

Anyway the O-line doesn't have near the amount of problems many of you were harping on in the pre season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

only dissent is shia.

if hen goes down or even gronk for the year, bb wouldnt want to lose the offense hes been playing (in my mind why he brought these guys in so he wouldnt get caught with hsi pants down with an injury to gronk or hern, possibly costign a sb like last year). shia is extraneous until needed. then hed be needed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Champ,

I still don't like it. I am still not a fan of Wendell. His 2-4 mistakes per game are going to get some one hurt (Brady?). He is a hard worker and his versatility is appreciated. But for me, he is a back up. Wouldn't surprise me to see BB daft a C very early

I think Vollmer is holding up fairly well, but I dont think it is a slam dunk he gets extended until he shows he can be healthy. WHen healthy, I think he is top 3 RT in the league.

Solder is impressive. Granted, I saw him a dozen or so times in camp, and he was not impressive. He was also replaced in the SB last year. HAs shown great improvement, and can still reach All Pro so it seems

Still think Mankins in top 3 G in the league, although he is wearing down which is troublesome.

I think Thomas is adequate, making 4-6 mistakes per game that are obvious. Wouldn't surprise me if some one offers him more than the Pats feel he is worth.

I have not seen enough of McDonald yet, but wouldn't surprise me if he is starting over Wendell before the year is out based on what we saw from him last year.

Cannon havent seen enough of yet, but what I saw early season, was troublesome.

No surprise if the PAts address the line in the off season, need to get bigger on the interior. IMO that is why they lost to the Seahawks, Cards and Ravens. They were manhandled on the interior and could not open any holes. Jets, Rams, Titans are not as physical, and the Oline looked good. It will be a sore spot against teams like the 49'ers, Phins and Texans

[/QUOTE]

i think you have it right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I'm betting they let Shiancoe go.  Hoomanawanui is solid and Fells is coming on.  Why not plan for the future?  We have TEs that can catch. We have TEs that can block.  We have TEs that can do both.  Lets focus on a WR that can outrun people.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Carpenter was first. I just read he was let go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well that's one down, one more to come. But, who takes his place. I'm assuming that since it was a D player that Pryor is on his way back

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Well that's one down, one more to come. But, who takes his place. I'm assuming that since it was a D player that Pryor is on his way back

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Pryor come back, I think he can help us on the inside rush.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

wonder if Brace gets IR'd?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TroyBrown80's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm betting they let Shiancoe go.  Hoomanawanui is solid and Fells is coming on.  Why not plan for the future?  We have TEs that can catch. We have TEs that can block.  We have TEs that can do both.  Lets focus on a WR that can outrun people.  

[/QUOTE]

if before the end of the year we were to lose hern or gronk, neither hooman nor fells will fill. the offense will suffer (see super bowl).

Sections
Shortcuts