Who then is the new Bryan Cox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Who then is the new Bryan Cox?

I'm trying to remember so bear with me. 1993? Forget, Patriots aren't going anywhere. One particular game they stunk up the first half worse than usual.

Parcells goes balistic in the Locker room. Asks the Team "how much more are you going to take" "When are you going to fight back"

Second half...in comes Bryan Cox and knocks a player (was it Jets?) on his azz and stands over him like Clay over Liston....

I believe the Team almost won out the remainder of the season, and was a different Team after that.

Later, Rodney came here and did pretty much the same thing.

Willie too....

Perhaps a bit too nostalgic? Sure would like to see our D pick up a player or two cut from the same cloth.

I think it's time...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Who then is the new Bryan Cox?

Agreed. I think Spikes and Talib (if he returns) could bring some of that attitude. Would love to see another safety who can do the same, maybe someone like Goldson or Reed. If you look towards the draft, Elam or Swearinger would be your guys. 

An interior defensive-lineman who has some swagger would be nice too. Maybe Armstead brings some of that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Agreed. I think Spikes and Talib (if he returns) could bring some of that attitude. Would love to see another safety who can do the same, maybe someone like Goldson or Reed. If you look towards the draft, Elam or Swearinger would be your guys. 

An interior defensive-lineman who has some swagger would be nice too. Maybe Armstead brings some of that.

Who is Armstead?  Is that the guy who had like 20 sacks last year?

CFL signee. Seems to have a lot of talent and physical tools. We shall see if he lives up to his potential.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Spikes, to me is a Cox type of player. I don't remember how Cox was in coverage, but he had to of been better than Spikes...yet I think they had the same demeanor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I'm trying to remember so bear with me. 1993? Forget, Patriots aren't going anywhere. One particular game they stunk up the first half worse than usual.

Parcells goes balistic in the Locker room. Asks the Team "how much more are you going to take" "When are you going to fight back"

Second half...in comes Bryan Cox and knocks a player (was it Jets?) on his azz and stands over him like Clay over Liston....

I believe the Team almost won out the remainder of the season, and was a different Team after that....

It was Belichick and it was 2001, it was against the Colts and it was Jerome Pathon who he slammed into.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Thanks Muzwell...Geezzz...I was off by 7 years! I used to have a good memory!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Umm, actually you were off by eight years

First you lose your memory. Then it's your math skills

Dude, what is going on with you today?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

And the game when Parcells went off in the locker room was against Minnesota. They rallied back from a deficit to win behind Bledsoe who threw I think 70 passes, something like 50 in the second half. Don't hold me to those numbers...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We desperately need a new safety, and we need to bolster that damn pass-rush! Watching Pitta make Gregory look like the fool that he is in the AFCCG made the need for a real safety that much more evident. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Epic Fail.