Who thinks Buffalo will still be a play off team in 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Who thinks Buffalo will still be a play off team in 2012

I thought Buffalo would be a better team in 2012 but they still appear to me to be a below average team based on what they showed in week 1.

1. Fred Jackson Sprained his LCL and is out for at least a month

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/336212-bills-jackson-predicts-aggressive-return-schedule?sct=nfl_bf1_a8&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

2. David Nelson - Their second best WR Tore his ACL - likely gone for the season

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/09/david-nelson-injury-acl-tear-out-season-bills/?sct=obnetwork

3. Mario Williams has a wrist injury

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mario-williams-freak-deal-minor-110203589--nfl.html

4.. Their coach Chan Gailey announces publicly the extent of the injuries and the expected recovery period.

5. They grossly overpaid for Mario Williams (6 years - 100 million - 50 million guaranteed) - Williams did not even show up on the stat sheet and he has a history of injuries.

6. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a helter skelter QB and has a bad game for every good game he plays.

7. Mark Anderson signs a 4 years - 27.5 million dollar cotract with 8 million guaranteed. Way too much money for a 1 trick pony DL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3964/mark-anderson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Who thinks Buffalo will still be a play off team in 2012

You might get a lot of crickets as I don't think many thought the Bills were a playoff team in 2012 to begin with

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Buffalo would be a better team in 2012 but they still appear to me to be a below average team based on what they showed in week 1.

1. Fred Jackson Sprained his LCL and is out for at least a month

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/336212-bills-jackson-predicts-aggressive-return-schedule?sct=nfl_bf1_a8&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

2. David Nelson - Their second best WR Tore his ACL - likely gone for the season

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/09/david-nelson-injury-acl-tear-out-season-bills/?sct=obnetwork

3. Mario Williams has a wrist injury

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mario-williams-freak-deal-minor-110203589--nfl.html

4.. Their coach Chan Gailey announces publicly the extent of the injuries and the expected recovery period.

5. They grossly overpaid for Mario Williams (6 years - 100 million - 50 million guaranteed) - Williams did not even show up on the stat sheet and he has a history of injuries.

6. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a helter skelter QB and has a bad game for every good game he plays.

7. Mark Anderson signs a 4 years - 27.5 million dollar cotract with 8 million guaranteed. Way too much money for a 1 trick pony DL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3964/mark-anderson

[/QUOTE]

whats more surprising, the way the bills played or the way the jest played. only 1 week. Bring on the Card's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You might get a lot of crickets as I don't think many thought the Bills were a playoff team in 2012 to begin with

[/QUOTE]

I for one will admit I thought they would be better then the Jets this season.  Hahaha, I guess I am allowed to be wrong once in a while.  The Bills looked like a mess last Sunday.  I seen and talked to Fitzpatrick for a few minutes in July, he seemed pretty confident about the team at that point.  Wonder what he thinks now? LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it's only been one game. They were my cinderella team to make the playoffs...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

One week is never enough to judge a team.  Get back to us in week six.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I wasn't sold on them being a playoff team to begin with. The loss to the Jets just confirms what I suspected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Not sure, they made a lot of mistakes agains the Jets, Fitzpatritck in particular. They ran all over the Jets who had things bounce their way. The first week of the season always brings out some strange games and upsets. Remember the Patriots losing to the Bills 31-0 on opening day only to return the favor the last week of the season on their way to Super Bowl victory. 

I have to see a couple more weeks to figure what the Bills have, they wont challenge the Patriiots. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I for one will admit I thought they would be better then the Jets this season.  Hahaha, I guess I am allowed to be wrong once in a while.  The Bills looked like a mess last Sunday.  I seen and talked to Fitzpatrick for a few minutes in July, he seemed pretty confident about the team at that point.  Wonder what he thinks now? LOL!

[/QUOTE]

I still think they finish better then the jets. Remember Sanchez starts out ok and then october arrives and he feels the pressure. The jests basically showed everything in one game and now its over for them. 6-10 jets 7-9 Bills 2-10 Dolphins?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Bills always play us tough. Never under estimate them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Bills always play us tough. Never under estimate them.

[/QUOTE]

I never underestimate any NFL team. As far as I'm concerned the "Any Given Sunday" rule is always in play. I'm just saying I don't think Bufalo will make the playoffs. I could be wrong. We'll see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm not sold on their quaterback (at least at an elite level) and their defense was bad last year - they already lost some key players to injury and let the lowly Jet's offense score on them. Having said that, Jackson will come back and Spiller is a talent. They did sign a couple of decent players on defense, so they might get better as the season goes along.

Someone mentioned that their coach is telling everyone the extent of the player's injuries and time table for their return...that's not good...why make it easier on opponents?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sold on their quaterback (at least at an elite level) and their defense was bad last year - they already lost some key players to injury and let the lowly Jet's offense score on them. Having said that, Jackson will come back and Spiller is a talent. They did sign a couple of decent players on defense, so they might get better as the season goes along.

Someone mentioned that their coach is telling everyone the extent of the player's injuries and time table for their return...that's not good...why make it easier on opponents?

========================
    That was me Mhurl. If you look at the links in the original posting Chan Gailey is quoted as follows:

1.Head coach Chan Gailey pegged Jackson's time on the shelf between three and eight weeks. Jackson is confident his time on the sidelines will be closer to the short end of that prognosis. "Hopefully sooner, but I'll definitely be back in four weeks," said Jackson. "Without a doubt." That would peg Jackson's return to come in Week 5 when the Bills play the 49ers in San Francisco. Jackson confirmed that it???s only a sprained ligament after having an MRI.

2.The Buffalo News’ Tim Graham reported that the prognosis looked a lot worse for Nelson than Jackson: "Fred doesn’t look as bad as David," Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "We don’t know how bad David is, but it doesn’t look good right now."

Jackson’s injury is believed to be a sprain. There was no word on how bad Nelson’s knee was. They will be re-evaluated Monday after MRIs pinpoint the extent of their injuries.

3. But Williams (Mario) apparently has been dealing with a minor wrist injury, according to what Coach Chan Gailey told the Buffalo News. The injury is minor enough that it isn't even listed on the injury report.

In talking about the injury, Williams said, "I had a little bit of a freak deal a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, it was right before the regular season. Like I said, by any means necessary. I've got to take care of it, put everything to the side, and try to get to the quarterback."

Imagine BB saying any of this ? Ummmmm I don't thinks so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

One game does not a season make.  Let's see where they are in a few weeks.  Could be contending for a playoff berth come December or out of the running by the end of October.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I believe I called 6-10 at best for them

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NOPE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

========================
    That was me Mhurl. If you look at the links in the original posting Chan Gailey is quoted as follows:

1.Head coach Chan Gailey pegged Jackson's time on the shelf between three and eight weeks. Jackson is confident his time on the sidelines will be closer to the short end of that prognosis. "Hopefully sooner, but I'll definitely be back in four weeks," said Jackson. "Without a doubt." That would peg Jackson's return to come in Week 5 when the Bills play the 49ers in San Francisco. Jackson confirmed that it???s only a sprained ligament after having an MRI.

2.The Buffalo News’ Tim Graham reported that the prognosis looked a lot worse for Nelson than Jackson: "Fred doesn’t look as bad as David," Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "We don’t know how bad David is, but it doesn’t look good right now."

Jackson’s injury is believed to be a sprain. There was no word on how bad Nelson’s knee was. They will be re-evaluated Monday after MRIs pinpoint the extent of their injuries.

3. But Williams (Mario) apparently has been dealing with a minor wrist injury, according to what Coach Chan Gailey told the Buffalo News. The injury is minor enough that it isn't even listed on the injury report.

In talking about the injury, Williams said, "I had a little bit of a freak deal a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, it was right before the regular season. Like I said, by any means necessary. I've got to take care of it, put everything to the side, and try to get to the quarterback."

Imagine BB saying any of this ? Ummmmm I don't thinks so.

[/QUOTE]

I know, could you imagine Belichick letting opposing coaches know this kind of information? Why is Gailey doing that?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I had Buffalo as winning 4.8 games out of 16 before the season started.  That optimistic win count has now been replaced by a 2.6.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The real questions were can Fitz play well for more than a quarter and will the FAs pay off enough for the Bills to unseed the Jets as #2 in division and so far the answers are no. I never saw them as a challeger for the Pats divisional domination. The play the Pats tough on the road, but Brady has a great record against them overall.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Chan Gailey is another in a long line of great offensive coordinators who make bad head coaches. I still believe the wheels will fall off the Jest's and the Bills will rise, but never predicted playoff's for them...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

What I am most interested in is how they do head to head against the Pats. I thought they passed at will on us last year for much of both games. I think the Patriots are better this year against them because they will eliminate the run and put more pressure on Fitz.

Secondly, the advances the Bill suposedly made on defense if even real will not effect the team if the Pats run more from under center. LAst year they suprised us with a 5 D-back set in the first game as I remember and intercepted TB a few times. With added pressure that could be a killer...however a better running game and the uncertainty of whether they will pass/run will take all of that away.

So against the Pats I think they have lost a lot of ground. How they do outside that depends I donlt really care but I am guessing NOT playoff bound.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I never thought the Bills were going to be a playoff team. The AFC East will likely provide only one playoff team.