WHO THINKS THE PATS HAVE SOMETHING RADICAL UP THEIR SLEEVES...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

WHO THINKS THE PATS HAVE SOMETHING RADICAL UP THEIR SLEEVES...?

Could we see some things we haven't seen thus far, on both sides of the ball?  Methinks so.  Wild cat formations?  Collins as a red zone tight end?  Let me know your ideas.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: WHO THINKS THE PATS HAVE SOMETHING RADICAL UP THEIR SLEEVES...?

Why.. why would we run wildcat? I suppose you might be right but I do not see the value in taking TB out of the game... at all...

As I have no clue as to whether Collins can play receiver I cant comment....

I think you are just hoping for something exciting. THe most exciting thing that can happen is if we can run and pass it down their throats and we can stop their O and just win....

If you press me for an "idea" I would say as to a player who might step up and do something special besides the usual suspects (which currently include Blount) look to Dobson or Thompkins or Vereen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

RUN THE BALL IT'S WORKING

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I wonder how well Edelman can throw?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Play well for 60 minutes?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

RUN THE BALL IT'S WORKING

I agree, but have smoething in the back pocket to make the defense pay when they do something drastic to take away our Run. Get all Tom Landry on their a__.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

I wonder how well Edelman can throw?

I know he was a college QB, but I think we tried that trick play with Edelman one time and it was a disaster. It might have even been a turnover.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't see anything radical being called but you never know. I just think that any play they call will work so they don't have to be tricky. Running the ball is paramount but passing the ball should be no trouble when they need to.

Trick plays are risky, unless it's something they've worked on all season and are now ready to unleash it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

I guess they would put an end around or a fake punt somewhere in there, like in the 04 Championship Game, but there probably wont be much more than that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Just beat the tar out of the Broncos.  Radical enough for ya?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

Your problem--your greatest fear--is that Belichick is smarter than Denver's whole coaching staff.  You are scared to death of him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Nothing radical on defense.  Peyton is too good at that game.  Besides, whatever the Patriots were doing starting in the second half of the Denver game (33 to 7) will still work just fine.

On offense, just enough to throw the defense off balance should do it.  The Patriot offense is already among the NFL's most complex systems, and on top of that Brady has carte blanche to change the play at the line of scrimmage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd pooch punt if the situation is right.  4 th and 6 on their 45. Pooch it. Brady has pooched a couple beauties in the past. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Nothing radical on defense.  Peyton is too good at that game.  Besides, whatever the Patriots were doing starting in the second half of the Denver game (33 to 7) will still work just fine.

On offense, just enough to throw the defense off balance should do it.  The Patriot offense is already among the NFL's most complex systems, and on top of that Brady has carte blanche to change the play at the line of scrimmage.

Agree with this. We might see a few wrinkles but the pats and Denver are what they are at this point in the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

The most radical thing I can imagine that BB would draw up is going for it on a questionable 4th down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Just beat the tar out of the Broncos.  Radical enough for ya?

sounds like a plan to me!!  Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

McD will continue mixing up his plays. He called runs on passing downs, He ran out of the shotgun. They will go after Adams , another loud mouth safety, ( can you see a play or two with  JE torching him)  and they will go after jammer. they will run behind Mankins on either side of the center. with extra help from the TEs Dobby, KT or Vereen will make a big play.

On D our DBS will be man to man, PM likes to get the ball out quick. we will see a few blitzes,and they will be called to get PM to get the ball out of his hands quickly and the Dbs to make a play. Collins is the X factor. PM has not seen much of him. when PM gets confused he throws INTs.. Collins is a special player with a DBS hips. Hightower will plug the holes

Forget turnovers either way, just not predictable  

The Pats wili be physical, Having both Blount and Ridley is key in mile high air

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ultpatfan's comment:

Could we see some things we haven't seen thus far, on both sides of the ball?  Methinks so.  Wild cat formations?  Collins as a red zone tight end?  Let me know your ideas.... 

Wild cat formations

I knew we should have kept Tebow!  If only we could get Blount off the team TT could run the WC for us!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They're not going to need any tricks against Denver's D.  They gave up 25 per game this season. 

Take a look at this link.  Denver is ranked 11th in points given up; of the top 10 teams, only GB was in the playoffs.  In fact, none of those were highly competitive teams this year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2013&seasonType=REG

I just think good defense beats good offense. And NE's defense is good enough to beat Denver in Denver.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Maybe they'll line Collins up at QB and pass the ball, by now everyone knows he was a high school QB, who switched to safety when he started his collegiate career at Southern Mississippi,before switching yet again to DE before finally settling in as a DE/OLB in his final season. After watching his interception there is no doubt in my mind he could easily play RZ TE and catching the ball wouldn't be a problem.

Sections
Shortcuts