Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

There is a lot of discussion already this week about concerns about Bill Polian and having the refs in his pocket.  Additionally, there have been a number of predictions.  I think we need to determine exactly how Pats fans think this game will shake out.  Please answer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

Underdogg sometimes you are just so transparent. You are clearly just making this thread to bring the crazys out and get the crazys talking about how the game is fixed or all the games are fixed or whatever so you can sit back and try and make us all look stupid. This game wont be fixed just like no other game has been fixed. That does not mean however that when someone says Bill Pollioan has the refs in his pocket that they are wrong. It is a well known fact that Polian speaks with the refs before each game to go over what kind of game he wants to see called out there. Now whether that means they are in his pocket or not I dont know but its deffently seems fishy to me that someone with as much sway as Polian gets to talk to the refs before they call a game for which his team is playing in. I am not one of those people who think the refs hand the game to the Colts cause i just dont think thats the case but i would be lying if i said that some calls arent a little fishy.

Its like in high school, some times the refs have a home town bias or something like that and even though they are clearly giving calls to the other team sometimes that is not enough and that team loses. What i mean is the refs might give the colts a few calls here and there but that doesnt mean the entire game is fixed it just means there are some bad ref's in the game who let people like Polian influence the way they call a game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

C'mon people.  We need voters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?:
    [QUOTE]Underdogg sometimes you are just so transparent. You are clearly just making this thread to bring the crazys out and get the crazys talking about how the game is fixed or all the games are fixed or whatever so you can sit back and try and make us all look stupid. This game wont be fixed just like no other game has been fixed. That does not mean however that when someone says Bill Pollioan has the refs in his pocket that they are wrong. It is a well known fact that Polian speaks with the refs before each game to go over what kind of game he wants to see called out there. Now whether that means they are in his pocket or not I dont know but its deffently seems fishy to me that someone with as much sway as Polian gets to talk to the refs before they call a game for which his team is playing in. I am not one of those people who think the refs hand the game to the Colts cause i just dont think thats the case but i would be lying if i said that some calls arent a little fishy. Its like in high school, some times the refs have a home town bias or something like that and even though they are clearly giving calls to the other team sometimes that is not enough and that team loses. What i mean is the refs might give the colts a few calls here and there but that doesnt mean the entire game is fixed it just means there are some bad ref's in the game who let people like Polian influence the way they call a game.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]
    Tas -
    I only want to know 2 things:

1.  Did you vote. 
    2.  Do you have some link regarding the "well known fact" you noted above, because I live right here in the city and you'd think that a "well known fact" about our team would be "well known" here more so than anywhere else.  I try to follow the colts and think that I have a decent working knowledge of them, and for the life of me, I have never heard this story about Polian meeting with the Refs before the game.  I would think there would be some kind of league policy against that, AND the Referees Association might also have an issue with it.  So, I am asking, if its not too much, to provide me a little more insight about our GM/President. 

Oh, and I guess one more thing, I don't need to bring out the crazy's for this game.  They have been out in full force since 4:30 PM Sunday and the rigged scenario has been playing out in threads across this board.  I just thought maybe we could consolidate all of it in one thread and get a statistically significant survey of what people here really think.  don't you agree?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

How many Super Bowls have the Patsies won once the filming of the practices was uncovered?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Tas - I only want to know 2 things: 1.  Did you vote.  2.  Do you have some link regarding the "well known fact" you noted above, because I live right here in the city and you'd think that a "well known fact" about our team would be "well known" here more so than anywhere else.  I try to follow the colts and think that I have a decent working knowledge of them, and for the life of me, I have never heard this story about Polian meeting with the Refs before the game.  I would think there would be some kind of league policy against that, AND the Referees Association might also have an issue with it.  So, I am asking, if its not too much, to provide me a little more insight about our GM/President.  Oh, and I guess one more thing, I don't need to bring out the crazy's for this game.  They have been out in full force since 4:30 PM Sunday and the rigged scenario has been playing out in threads across this board.  I just thought maybe we could consolidate all of it in one thread and get a statistically significant survey of what people here really think.  don't you agree?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Underdogged you sound nervous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I will try and find the story in which they said polian does in fact meet with teh refs before each home game. If I cant find it then sorry you can call me liar if you want but i know what I read and theer was deffently a story about him telling the refs what kind of game he wanted to see called before each home game. I will try and find it. But again I do not think this means the game is rigged i just think it means he has the refs in his pocket. not the same thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

And dogg, there is no place for me to vote, it is not showing. so thats why no one is voting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon people.  We need voters.

Dogg, have you ever heard the old saw that "where there's smoke there's fire"?

Stories about Polian's abuse of his position on the competition committee have been going around for years. Given his extreme type A personality and his well-known obsession with winning and his MO of pulling a nutty in his own sky box whenever something doesn't go the colts way during games, I personally think there's substance in the constant rumors that have been going around for years about how he operates.

There's also the often heard stories about how he woodsheds the officials for every home game, letting them know in no uncertain terms what he expects of them.

You, of course would deny this even if someone showed a video doing these exact things.

I also find it amusing to comtemplate how quickly you would jump on the bandwagon of any negativite, unsubstantiated  rumors concerning the Patriots. You still bring up the inconsequential nonsense about "spygate" just about every day.

You're not going to convince any patriot fan on this board that polian is anything otrher than a conniving cheat who abuses his position and power to further the interests of his team every week.

Is that fair? heck no but, as much as I hate cliches, "it is what it is". 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

[QUOTE]How many Super Bowls have the Patsies won once the filming of the practices was uncovered?
    Posted by BBcheats[/QUOTE]

This is an awesome post. "Patsies" Funny as hell. I've never heard that!  Fantastic stuff, keep it coming!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Tas - I only want to know 2 things: 1.  Did you vote.  2.  Do you have some link regarding the "well known fact" you noted above, because I live right here in the city and you'd think that a "well known fact" about our team would be "well known" here more so than anywhere else.  I try to follow the colts and think that I have a decent working knowledge of them, and for the life of me, I have never heard this story about Polian meeting with the Refs before the game.  I would think there would be some kind of league policy against that, AND the Referees Association might also have an issue with it.  So, I am asking, if its not too much, to provide me a little more insight about our GM/President.  Oh, and I guess one more thing, I don't need to bring out the crazy's for this game.  They have been out in full force since 4:30 PM Sunday and the rigged scenario has been playing out in threads across this board.  I just thought maybe we could consolidate all of it in one thread and get a statistically significant survey of what people here really think.  don't you agree?

dogg: please defend Polian and the Irsays. Can you? No, of course not. Good football people, maybe. Good people? Nah. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Dogg, have you ever heard the old saw that "where there's smoke there's fire"? Stories about Polian's abuse of his position on the competition committee have been going around for years. Given his extreme type A personality and his well-known obsession with winning and his MO of pulling a nutty in his own sky box whenever something doesn't go the colts way during games, I personally think there's substance in the constant rumors that have been going around for years about how he operates. There's also the often heard stories about how he woodsheds the officials for every home game, letting them know in no uncertain terms what he expects of them. You, of course would deny this even if someone showed a video doing these exact things. I also find it amusing to comtemplate how quickly you would jump on the bandwagon of any negativite, unsubstantiated  rumors concerning the Patriots. You still bring up the inconsequential nonsense about "spygate" just about every day. You're not going to convince any patriot fan on this board that polian is anything otrher than a conniving cheat who abuses his position and power to further the interests of his team every week. Is that fair? heck no but, as much as I hate cliches, "it is what it is". 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

How many $100,000 fines have been levied against ANYONE on the Colts?  Please don't argue with the cheating rap - The Pats were CONVICTED!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?:
    [QUOTE]There is a lot of discussion already this week about concerns about Bill Polian and having the refs in his pocket.  Additionally, there have been a number of predictions.  I think we need to determine exactly how Pats fans think this game will shake out.  Please answer.

U-dogg,
    In a previous thread you told me you didn't want to focus on this kind of stuff.
    Have you sold out your principles with this post.
    As far as I can tell you have talked about the game being fixed or the refs in Polian's back pocket as much as anyone. I can't believe most Pats fans think that the game will be fixed any more than they think the NBA is fixed because Lebron James gets all the calls. The fact of the matter is..The Colts will probably have the benefit of home town calls this week just like the Pats would if they were at home. And...If we lose you can bet we'll be complaining about it. I love ripping the Colts about anything I can find and if I can't find it, I'll make it up.

By the way..I voted Rigged, Pats win..I wanted to be a maverick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]dogg: do I really think the game will be rigged? Absolutely not. But do I think Polian is a loathsome alcoholic poor sport lowlife who does everything he can do change the rules and get everything on his side so the Colts can win? Yes.  BTW, grew up near Clay Township before I moved East. So don't doubt my opinion of Polian. A total do*che. 
    Posted by Trink5[/QUOTE]

trink - which Clay Twp in which City?  How long did you live here?  Where'd you go to school?  Love talking to hometown guys. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Funny thing here.  I just thought we could consolidate these kind of views into one thread.  Other threads seem to have a large contingent of "colts rig games" or "colts have refs in pocket", etc. 

But so far votes are 6-2 not rigged. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Funny thing here.  I just thought we could consolidate these kind of views into one thread.  Other threads seem to have a large contingent of "colts rig games" or "colts have refs in pocket", etc.  But so far votes are 6-2 not rigged. 

Dogg, really, why do you insist on hanging out on this site and arguing with everyone?

There's plenty of colts kool-aid drinking sites out there where you can all pump up the colts to your hearts' content. Why not hang out with people who agree with you? You're beginning to come across a some sort of masochist.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Underdogg, I couldnt find the story about Polian talking to refs so I guess you can go ahead and not beleave me but I have no reason to lie so I am going to stick with what I know. And I know that I read a story and in that story the writer directly stated that Bill Polian meets with the refs before games to tell them how he would like the game to be played. He didnt say he pays them off he didnt say he blackmails them he said they have a meeting and he tells them how he wants the game played. As in I dont want the Pats D Backs grabbing my players so throw the flag and so on and so forth. I dont think that makes the games rigged i just think it shows exactly how sad Polian is as a man, if he cant win by having his team beat someone staright up he will win by making sure they get every availible oppertunity by making sure the game is called in a manner that fits his teams offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Thats just simply bullwinkle

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg...disappointing to see you start such a string.  You fed right into the minds of any fans who think this stuff really happens.  Keep it to football and why you think your Colts are the "cats meow"!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

AGC - sometimes I can't resist.  I suppose I get worn down a bit some here this week.  I realize that's whining and I should have a thicker skin, but...

I am human.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon people.  We need voters.

We? How many personallities live in that swollen head of yours? Are you replacing Leon as the site's Sybil?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Dogg, really, why do you insist on hanging out on this site and arguing with everyone? There's plenty of colts kool-aid drinking sites out there where you can all pump up the colts to your hearts' content. Why not hang out with people who agree with you? You're beginning to come across a some sort of masochist.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Just like Leon underdog is another internet tough guy. It's the modern equivalent of sticking your tongue out at the big boys while hiding behind mommy's skirt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Dogg, 2996 posts on this board?  Really?  WOW!  I'm not on here that much but I wonder if any Pats fans are anywhere close to that number of posts on this board.  Are you retired or something?  I'm just amazed by that almost OCD like quantity.  I mean no disrepect, however, so please do not take offense.  I just wonder if some perspective is in order. 

With that said.  I'm a big Pats fan but I cannot for the life of me understand why people get enjoyment out of the over the top bashing of each other on this board or any other for that matter.  Nobody on any NFL team cares about any of us as fans the way some of the nut job fanatics care about the NFL teams and players.  It's like I'm reading Teen Beat or something with the obsessed chatter about my favorite player is better than yours.  Freaking crazy talk to most sane folk.  To me the Colts are a great team and Manning is an all time great.  I hope the Pats win, but if they don't, life will go on.  The fruit loops that post on here about absolute nonsense (some Pats fans included) are a freaking joke.  The games are not fixed.  All teams have bad calls against them.  It's just a game people.  Okay, I had to vent.        

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]AGC - sometimes I can't resist.  I suppose I get worn down a bit some here this week.  I realize that's whining and I should have a thicker skin, but... I am human.

No, your not human. Just another cockroach coming out to play. Why don't you take your stupid poll to another site. Most here are weary of you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]AGC - sometimes I can't resist.  I suppose I get worn down a bit some here this week.  I realize that's whining and I should have a thicker skin, but... I am human.

You wussbag. I give you credit on other threads for sticking by your team and you come up with this? This is nothing, wait until Monday morning.

I hope you stick around, you have good arguments.

Sections
Shortcuts