Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?:
    Underdogg you would think that by now you would realize that we dont want Polian doing anything. We dont want him questioning calls or talking to refs or anything because he is a scum bag who has no issue using his pull with the league to get what he wants. So it doesnt matter what he does we dont want him doing it. And I could be wrong but isnt it the head coach who is sopossed to question calls?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

That's true Killa..He is also on the competition committee and was the driving force in getting 2 rules changed because of the Patriots. If I'm not incorrect he barred the Patriots from filming on the sidelines the last time we played the Colts in 2006 thus leading to the creation of the rule that got us in 2007. He was also the head cry baby that whined about our DB's playing too physical thus leading to the changing of the way the refs called those plays. He is a hands on guy when it comes to that stuff. To his credit he made the system work for him much the way Phil Jackson works the refs in the NBA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AGC - sometimes I can't resist.  I suppose I get worn down a bit some here this week.  I realize that's whining and I should have a thicker skin, but... I am human.
    Posted by underdogg

I can see that.. just to see who bites and answers with thoughts it really is rigged.  One fervently wants to believe there are no agendas among the referees and they simply call it as they see it.  We come down really hard when the timing is horrible, let's say a holding call on a TD play, but, hardly a peep when the holding call occurs on an incomplete pass or run that yielded squat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Gradma Clampett?  Laz, I watched a few of those episodes, but I thought those country bumpkins live in Beverly Hills.  Now I don't know what racous means, but then again, I am from the midwest.  What I don't understand, however, is how you know what goes on here when you demonstrate such disdain for it?  Maybe you read it in a book.
    Posted by underdogg

underdogg and ALL:

~dogg, You know you O.k. in my book...just gotta smack back whenever the redundancy within the association of heady terms, Patriots and Cheating-rears it's ugly face.  No actual anger aroused by something unjust regarding the Midwest...more of a healthy, but realistically silly and superficial contempt based on urban myths about the Lawnmower Man And College kids being chased down endless stretches of middle-america highways by some crazed psychotic hick in a big beat-up pick-up because of some misunderstood slight on the road...THAT, and the aforementioned black and white 50's sitcoms (Opie in Mayberry/Grandpa Jed Clampett huntin' varmint)...

I'd like to think when I couple these references with the fact that I'm a full 1/8 th Lakota (they were scattered throughout the Great Plains, right...or was it Canada), AND take in consideration-I once had a stopover flight as far West as Pennsylvania, THEN and THEREFORE, I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a scholar on ALL things Midwest... Oh, and if one wants even greater credentials than the mass I've already offered, I can offer 1, possibly even 2 names of songs by Willie Nelson AND I recall watching "Farmaid" as a child.  Did I say, "Scholar" when I should have said "Midwest Expert?"   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : I can see that.. just to see who bites and answers with thoughts it really is rigged.  One fervently wants to believe there are no agendas among the referees and they simply call it as they see it.  We come down really hard when the timing is horrible, let's say a holding call on a TD play, but, hardly a peep when the holding call occurs on an incomplete pass or run that yielded squat.
    Posted by agcsbill

And AGC - I am here willing to admit that the call against Hobbs was wrong.  Now some want to say the refs called facemasking, but that was not the case.  They called PI.  Phil Simms called it facemasking and was wrong.  The ref called it differently as PI, but he was also wrong.

I think refs try to do their best job, but as humans make mistakes.  I believe the refs made mistakes in the 2004 AFCCG when the pats db's were all over the colts receivers.  It happens.

As for the timing of calls, you want to see some of the worst timing for penalties, watch last week's game indy vs houston.  Houston shot themselves in the foot in multiple critical situations.  This wasn't a ref issue, they really committed the penalties.  It had to have been disheartening for Houston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : underdogg and ALL : ~ dogg , You know you O.k. in my book...just gotta smack back whenever the redundancy within the association of heady terms, Patriots and Cheating-rears it's ugly face.  No actual anger aroused by something unjust regarding the Midwest...more of a healthy, but realistically silly and superficial contempt based on urban myths about the Lawnmower Man And College kids being chased down endless stretches of middle-america highways by some crazed psychotic hick in a big beat-up pick-up because of some misunderstood slight on the road...THAT, and the aforementioned black and white 50's sitcoms (Opie in Mayberry/Grandpa Jed Clampett huntin' varmint)... I'd like to think when I couple these references with the fact that I'm a full 1/8 th Lakota (they were scattered throughout the Great Plains, right...or was it Canada), AND take in consideration-I once had a stopover flight as far West as Pennsylvania, THEN and THEREFORE, I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a scholar on ALL things Midwest... Oh, and if one wants even greater credentials than the mass I've already offered, I can offer 1, possibly even 2 names of songs by Willie Nelson AND I recall watching "Farmaid" as a child.  Did I say, "Scholar" when I should have said "Midwest Expert?"   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz - and you are alright in mine.  Hope you don't mind a little good natured back and forth.

But say nary a negative word about Andy, Barney and the kin.  Them's fightin' words.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Underdogg how are you going to ignore me like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - what'd I do?  I'll look back.  Sorry if I missed you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Pathetic.  All Polian meant is that he would submit this play to the league for review and clarification.  Every team in the league (including the pats) submits plays that they believe were improperly called.  The reality is that you are reading into this so deeply to make it fit your feelings.  Polian is not the head of the CC.  He is on it.  Are you suggesting that because of this he is not allowed to question calls?
    Posted by underdogg

People around here do this?

That is simply shocking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Underdogg you would think that by now you would realize that we dont want Polian doing anything. We dont want him questioning calls or talking to refs or anything because he is a scum bag who has no issue using his pull with the league to get what he wants. So it doesnt matter what he does we dont want him doing it. And I could be wrong but isnt it the head coach who is sopossed to question calls?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Tas, I actually did start to respond, but I was writing something that really would have pis sed you off.  So I deleted it and just didn't come back. 

But as I read again and have you calling him a scum bag, here is my retort. 

Colts fans don't want Belichick doing anything except coaching.  In fact, take all the video equipment out of the hands of pats employees, because he has demonstrated that he cannot be trusted with it.   Come to think of it, the best punishment to Belichick and the pats would have been to make them play the entire year without the benefit of video.  No game tapes of the pats or their opponents.  That would have been a lesson.

As for who may question calls, I don't think it matters.  You have to remember, the organizational structure of the colts is different than that of the pats.  For the pats, ultimately, Belichick has the final say.  Where the colts are concerned, Polian has the final say. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?............

................Who's the ref?

NE @ IND 

www.football-refs.com

Scott Green

• Referee: 19 – Scott Green
    • Umpire: 70 – Scott Dawson
    • Head Linesman: 36 – Tony Veteri
    • Line Judge: 107 – Ron Marinucci
    • Field Judge: 41 – Boris Cheek
    • Side Judge: 128 – Larry Rose
    • Back Judge: 27 – Lee Dyer

Scott Green is an American football official in the National Football League. Green started in the NFL as a field judge with the start of the 1991 NFL season before switching to back judge after the league swapped position titles at the start of the 1998 NFL season. He became a referee on a part-time basis during the 2004 NFL season when referee Johnny Grier was injured. Green became a full time referee at the start of the 2005 NFL season. Green has officiated Super Bowls XXXVI in 2002 and XXXVIII in 2004. On the field, he wears the uniform number 19.

Outside of the NFL, Green is co-partner in a government relations firm that assists law enforcement agencies in suburban Washington, D.C.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...these names say it all, the game's fixed alright:

12. Referee: 19 – Scott Green-as you've stated, Former narco undercover Law Agent, who's gone to "Green-er" pastures as a Polian payoff. 
  13. Umpire: 70 – Scott Dawson-same first name as the first guy, "Scott"...possibly a Manchurian Candidate set to assasinate Belichick or Brady if the game gets outta reach. 
  14. Head Linesman: 36 – Tony "two thumbs" Veteri-La Cosa Nostra underboss, making sure all bets are in, and that some people (wink, wink) get rich in the Vegas books. 
  15. Line Judge: 107 – Ron "the muscle" Marinucci-Veteri's (and Polian's) hired (black) hand...does the dirty work: He'll be sitting behind the Pats Player's wives, with a snub-nose revolver...Polian will make sure the players are fully aware of his prescence with close-ups on the jumbotron of him filing down piano wire with a stilleto. 
  16. Field Judge: 41 – Boris Cheek-now with the Russian Mafia, working the overseas betting spread. His ties as a former KGB operative allow for Ruskie space probes to block all Patriot transmissions, thus curtailing Belichick gets any advantage with his own real-time NFL space satellites 
  17. Side Judge: 128 – Larry Rose-Runs "clean-up" after Colt's inevitable victory...cover-stories, journalistic bribes, negative media censorship with broken broadcasts and articles/stories lost in mass deluges of varying authors and authorships.  Everything "Indy" will come our "Roses" in the end. 
  18. Back Judge: 27 – Lee Dyer-obviously a completely falsified name in order to make it appear true America and fair Americana still in some fashion actually 'rule the roost'.  IF this person acually exists, He'll no doubt be using a different pseudonym on his flight to Sherborne come Monday Morning, unless he's some sort of a cyborg, in which case his memory and/or he will simply be destroyed.

19. ...yup, Pat's are in deep, deep trouble this time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

...these names say it all, the game's fixed alright :   Referee:  19 – Scott Green -as you've stated, Former narco undercover Law Agent, who's gone to " Green - er " pastures as a Polian payoff.  Umpire:  70 – Scott Dawson -same first name as the first guy, "Scott"...possibly a Manchurian Candidate set to assasinate Belichick or Brady if the game gets outta reach.  Head Linesman:  36 – Tony "two thumbs" Veteri -La Cosa Nostra underboss, making sure all bets are in, and that some people (wink, wink) get rich in the Vegas books.  Line Judge:  107 – Ron "the muscle" Marinucci -Veteri's (and Polian's) hired (black) hand...does the dirty work: He'll be sitting behind the Pats Player's wives, with a snub-nose revolver...Polian will make sure the players are fully aware of his prescence with close-ups on the jumbotron of him filing down piano wire with a stilleto.  Field Judge:  41 – Boris Cheek -now with the Russian Mafia, working the overseas betting spread. His ties as a former KGB operative allow for Ruskie space probes to block all Patriot transmissions, thus curtailing Belichick gets any advantage with his own real-time NFL space satellites  Side Judge:  128 – Larry Rose -Runs "clean-up" after Colt's inevitable victory...cover-stories, journalistic bribes, negative media censorship with broken broadcasts and articles/stories lost in mass deluges of varying authors and authorships.  Everything "Indy" will come our " Roses " in the end.  Back Judge:  27 – Lee Dyer -obviously a completely falsified name in order to make it appear true America and fair Americana still in some fashion actually 'rule the roost'.  IF this person acually exists, He'll no doubt be using a different pseudonym on his flight to Sherborne come Monday Morning, unless he's some sort of a cyborg, in which case his memory and/or he will simply be destroyed. ...yup, Pat's are in deep, deep trouble this time.

Polian tried to get Hochuli, but, he was busy overseeing complimentary upgrades at his Vail penthouse.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I will try and find the story in which they said polian does in fact meet with teh refs before each home game. If I cant find it then sorry you can call me liar if you want but i know what I read and theer was deffently a story about him telling the refs what kind of game he wanted to see called before each home game. I will try and find it. But again I do not think this means the game is rigged i just think it means he has the refs in his pocket. not the same thing.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

MVP:

Heres' an article which touches upon how Polian has used his position in the NFL Rules Committee to the advantage of his team. Certainly his standing with that Committee gives him leverage with the refs: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/89097-dear-commissionerprotect-us-from-the-protection-of-quarterbacks.

Lets' just hope that the obligatory pro-Indy PI calls won't be enough to sink the Pats on Sunday.

I will try and find the story in which they said polian does in fact meet with teh refs before each home game. If I cant find it then sorry you can call me liar if you want but i know what I read and theer was deffently a story about him telling the refs what kind of game he wanted to see called before each home game. I will try and find it. But again I do not think this means the game is rigged i just think it means he has the refs in his pocket. not the same thing.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

The Colts are the media darlings, much like the Lakers were in the 80s, and are, today. For this reason, you won't find too many negative articles on Indy, or Bill Polian. Can you image the media uproar if BB made a statement that he hoped the Pats would "break the legs" on an Indy player, like Polian did regarding Doug Flutie? There would have been an outcry to suspend BB, or to run him out of the league. 

So, don't expect to find articles on Polian influencing the officials. But, every NFL fan thats' not a horseshoe lover, from Pittsburgh to San Diego, knows the truth. Heres' a blog from a Chargers' fan, in the aftermath of the Pats' 24-20 win in Indy in 2007: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071105100001AAEjZRo 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

...these names say it all, the game's fixed alright :   Referee:  19 – Scott Green -as you've stated, Former narco undercover Law Agent, who's gone to " Green - er " pastures as a Polian payoff.  Umpire:  70 – Scott Dawson -same first name as the first guy, "Scott"...possibly a Manchurian Candidate set to assasinate Belichick or Brady if the game gets outta reach.  Head Linesman:  36 – Tony "two thumbs" Veteri -La Cosa Nostra underboss, making sure all bets are in, and that some people (wink, wink) get rich in the Vegas books.  Line Judge:  107 – Ron "the muscle" Marinucci -Veteri's (and Polian's) hired (black) hand...does the dirty work: He'll be sitting behind the Pats Player's wives, with a snub-nose revolver...Polian will make sure the players are fully aware of his prescence with close-ups on the jumbotron of him filing down piano wire with a stilleto.  Field Judge:  41 – Boris Cheek -now with the Russian Mafia, working the overseas betting spread. His ties as a former KGB operative allow for Ruskie space probes to block all Patriot transmissions, thus curtailing Belichick gets any advantage with his own real-time NFL space satellites  Side Judge:  128 – Larry Rose -Runs "clean-up" after Colt's inevitable victory...cover-stories, journalistic bribes, negative media censorship with broken broadcasts and articles/stories lost in mass deluges of varying authors and authorships.  Everything "Indy" will come our " Roses " in the end.  Back Judge:  27 – Lee Dyer -obviously a completely falsified name in order to make it appear true America and fair Americana still in some fashion actually 'rule the roost'.  IF this person acually exists, He'll no doubt be using a different pseudonym on his flight to Sherborne come Monday Morning, unless he's some sort of a cyborg, in which case his memory and/or he will simply be destroyed. ...yup, Pat's are in deep, deep trouble this time.

C'mon Laz,

As much as I want to believe you, Manning is on the Cover of SI this week, and these guys cannot fix that.  The SI Jinx has clearly put a wrench in the whole thing.  I smell Belichick.

Heres' a flashback to the genesis of the "Polian Passing Rules", which has changed the NFL from the National Football League, to the National Passball League: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/19/sports/football/19colts.html?ex=1326862800&en=1e365e5791bf3bf2&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ManningbeatsBrady. Show ManningbeatsBrady's posts

Just because you live near Clay Township that doesn't mean you know anything about Polian.  That's like saying I live in Woburn so I know about Belicheat.

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : trink - which Clay Twp in which City?  How long did you live here?  Where'd you go to school?  Love talking to hometown guys. 
    Posted by underdogg

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think it's rigged.  But the Colts have been on the favorable side of some officiating the last few years they played the Pats.  I also think I saw the Chargers get screwed by the officials a couple years ago when they played the Colts.  I think most people that saw those games would agree the officiating was bad and it favored the Colts.  When you  add in the fact that a lot of those calls were for pass interference and defensive holding, which are the penalties that Bill Polian has been emphasizing in the competition committee-you get good conspiracy material.  Hopefully the officials are aware of how bad those calls were and try a better job of getting in position to get the calls right.  Most of those calls could be fixed if they just made pass interference reviewable.  Obviously the Pats have had some favorable officiating before(tuck rule), so sometimes your team just gets screwed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Just because you live near Clay Township that doesn't mean you know anything about Polian.  That's like saying I live in Woburn so I know about Belicheat. In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? :
    Posted by ManningbeatsBrady

Manningbeatsbrady; You need to change your screen name to  Myparentsbeatme.

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? :      MVP:      Heres' an article which touches upon how Polian has used his position in the NFL Rules Committee to the advantage of his team. Certainly his standing with that Committee gives him leverage with the refs: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/89097-dear-commissionerprotect-us-from-the-protection-of-quarterbacks .      Lets' just hope that the obligatory pro-Indy PI calls won't be enough to sink the Pats on Sunday.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Of course this is an opinion piece that either you or I could write for this blog which gives it the credibillity of nothing.  But the thing that amuses me most about pats fans in general is their inability to accept the fact that the pats may have been interfering with receivers throughout that 2004 afccg without a call being made but are surprisingly quick to point out when their team was jobbed.  

You've got a coach who likes nothing more than to thumb his nose at nfl rules just because he doesn't like them and when he gets caught and punished for something about which he has been reminded multiple times pats fans cry like babies who had their pacifiers stolen.  Hypocrites, I say.

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? :      The Colts are the media darlings, much like the Lakers were in the 80s, and are, today. For this reason, you won't find too many negative articles on Indy, or Bill Polian. Can you image the media uproar if BB made a statement that he hoped the Pats would "break the legs" on an Indy player, like Polian did regarding Doug Flutie? There would have been an outcry to suspend BB, or to run him out of the league.       So, don't expect to find articles on Polian influencing the officials. But, every NFL fan thats' not a horseshoe lover, from Pittsburgh to San Diego, knows the truth. Heres' a blog from a Chargers' fan, in the aftermath of the Pats' 24-20 win in Indy in 2007: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071105100001AAEjZRo  
    Posted by TexasPat3

LOL - this is such an excuse post.  Ohhhh the colts are media darlings so we can't find any negative articles about them.  Wahhh.

I thought we were actually getting away from some of this as we neared the game.

I am the first to admit the Hobbs call was bad, but as I said earlier, it wasn't as if the game hinged on that Play.  The play was 2nd and 7 from the 19.  Colts would have scored either by field goal or TD.  Hobbs returned the ensuing kick off 80 yds to the Indy 20 and the pats scored on the drive negating entirely the benefit  while also taking time off the clock. 

But this is exactly the point of which I speak.  Pats fans are quick to mock polian for complaining about no PI calls, but complain in exactly the same way  no the calls don't go their way.  

There's a word for that kind of behavior.  Hmm...help me here folks...

Heres' a flashback to the genesis of the "Polian Passing Rules", which has changed the NFL from the National Football League, to the National Passball League: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/19/sports/football/19colts.html?ex=1326862800&en=1e365e5791bf3bf2&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print
    Posted by TexasPat3

And post number 3, within a short period of time, complaining about Polian.  LOL.  If it floats your boat, by all means continue.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : And post number 3, within a short period of time, complaining about Polian.  LOL.  If it floats your boat, by all means continue.
    Posted by underdogg

~Underdogg and ALL:

Excerpt from the NY Times piece:

How important has that rule become? After the Colts defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 15-6, last week in a second-round game notable for an absence of touchdowns, Polian expressed concern on the Colts’ Web site that downfield contact was being overlooked.

Polian insisted he was concerned for the game as a whole — field-goal-heavy games are not viewer friendly — but no team is as threatened by manhandling as the Colts, who rely heavily on downfield threats. Polian might have been subtly sending a reminder to the officials before Sunday’s rematch with the Patriots.

“I wasn’t criticizing the officiating in that game,” Polian said of the victory against the Ravens. “I think it’s clear downfield officiating has been a little bit loose. That worries me for the sake of the game. We can play any style, as we proved last week. I worry about it in terms of the type of game you’d get if this is a trend.”

dogg-Man, I know you love your team, But HOW can You even defend Polian when He's clearly concerned less about fair gamemanship, Than He is about HIS Team winning, His Team IF not receiving favorable calls by the Refs on game day, at the very least, Polian's Team being the beneficiaries of favorable Rules...  "Down field PI Calls being Lax...field-goals are not 'viewer friendly'...It Worries me 'For the Sake of the Game'."  FIRST, IS HE INSANE???  Downfield PI Calls these days are excessive, physically weak (by Defender), AND They're ENORMOUS Game-changers.  SECOND, Polian said it best in his own words, "It worries me, For the sake of the game."  Note, NOT "'Integrity' of the game."  Note, NOT "'Fairness' of the game."  And THAT'S the crux of the matter:

See, It's one thing to say Belichick is less interested in fair gamemanship, BUT He does NOT voice his opinions as outright as Polian, and certainly not within and under the sway of power within this so important League Committee... Which again, IF NOT lending a rather large and vociferous voice heard Even LOUDER when Polian stands on his own soapbox preaching and proselytizing which might affect those that could affect fair play (i.e. Refs/League officials), AT THE LEAST (moreso, at the Most)-He holds some parcile of sway over rules and regulations which Do and Have been altered in a uniquely coincidental manner That benefits How the Team He has control over plays and runs their unique brand of football personell and schematics...  IMO, That's far worse, FAR more deplorable and corruptable than anything Our 'Belicheat' EVER has done. 

Thoughts ANYONE?    

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Wasnt the Steelers interception that everybody in the world saw overturned in the playoff game against who else but the Colts in Indy? It was so bad the chairman of officials had to apoligize to the world on the NFL network....But i suppose the Dolt fans see it as an error...Funny how all these errors seem to occur in Indy......

• You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

Just curious...if the Pats lose, are we saying that it is because it was rigged? As in there is not way the Colts win on their own? I mean, I expect that in Boston...but seriously?

• Sections
    Shortcuts