Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?:
    [QUOTE]Wasnt the Steelers interception that everybody in the world saw overturned in the playoff game against who else but the Colts in Indy? It was so bad the chairman of officials had to apoligize to the world on the NFL network....But i suppose the Dolt fans see it as an error...Funny how all these errors seem to occur in Indy......
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for anyone else, but I see a lot of that in ANY GAME, in any stadium. I also see a lot of QB's look at refs and ask for flags when they barely get hit.
    Not saying it is right or wrong, but it happens everywhere. ALl fans of ALL teams should stop acting like their own team doesn't do things.

But that's just my two cents. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : ~Underdogg and ALL : Excerpt from the NY Times piece : How important has that rule become? After the Colts defeated the Baltimore Ravens , 15-6, last week in a second-round game notable for an absence of touchdowns, Polian expressed concern on the Colts’ Web site that downfield contact was being overlooked. Polian insisted he was concerned for the game as a whole — field-goal-heavy games are not viewer friendly — but no team is as threatened by manhandling as the Colts, who rely heavily on downfield threats. Polian might have been subtly sending a reminder to the officials before Sunday’s rematch with the Patriots. “I wasn’t criticizing the officiating in that game,” Polian said of the victory against the Ravens. “I think it’s clear downfield officiating has been a little bit loose. That worries me for the sake of the game. We can play any style, as we proved last week. I worry about it in terms of the type of game you’d get if this is a trend.” dogg -Man, I know you love your team, But HOW can You even defend Polian when He's clearly concerned less about fair gamemanship, Than He is about HIS Team winning, His Team IF not receiving favorable calls by the Refs on game day, at the very least, Polian's Team being the beneficiaries of favorable Rules...  " Down field PI Calls being Lax...field-goals are not 'viewer friendly'...It Worries me 'For the Sake of the Game' ."  FIRST, IS HE INSANE ???  Downfield PI Calls these days are excessive, physically weak (by Defender), AND They're ENORMOUS Game-changers.  SECOND, Polian said it best in his own words, " It worries me, For the sake of the game ."  Note, NOT " 'Integrity' of the game ."  Note, NOT " 'Fairness' of the game ."  And THAT'S the crux of the matter: See, It's one thing to say Belichick is less interested in fair gamemanship, BUT He does NOT voice his opinions as outright as Polian, and certainly not within and under the sway of power within this so important League Committee... Which again, IF NOT lending a rather large and vociferous voice heard Even LOUDER when Polian stands on his own soapbox preaching and proselytizing which might affect those that could affect fair play (i.e. Refs/League officials), AT THE LEAST (moreso, at the Most)- He holds some parcile of sway over rules and regulations which Do and Have been altered in a uniquely coincidental manner That benefits How the Team He has control over plays and runs their unique brand of football personell and schematics ...  IMO, That's far worse, FAR more deplorable and corruptable than anything Our 'Belicheat' EVER has done.  Thoughts ANYONE ?    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz, I think I got the gist of your post.  Now clearly, I am a homer, so I may be guilty of rose colored glasses in my response.  Certainly, on this board there will be no questions about that, but here's my take. 

Polian is on the competition committee, and he takes not only the success of the team, but the success of the league very very seriously.  His comments were league based, not Indianapolis based, but doesn't it make sense that he built a team that reflects his vision of football? 

Now as for the "downfield PI" you say it is called more now, but these comments were 3 years ago.  We have no idea whether or not Polian brought this up in  competition committee meetings.  If he did, there were certainly people who disagreed with him, because not since these comments has there been an official point of emphasis made on downfield contact which was proven by NickC in another thread because he could not find anything about it. 

And, while you can play a semantics game based on what Polian said, I think that the "sake" of the game is not only the integrity and fairness but also the marketability of the game.  Its not as if Polian's words were an NYT op-ed where he had time to pore over the exact words chosen.  It was an interview.  And don't ever forget that this game is also a business.  Belichick doesn't, just ask Seymour or Vrabel.  

Where Belichick is concened, we will never have any idea what is or is not voiced by him, because he never tells us anything.  How do we know that he has never lobbied for things?

Off to Church.  More later, possibly.  Interested in these comments from a thoughtful perspective.  Nice post Laz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Belicheck has lobbied for cameras on the goal line , ignored by the competition commitee.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

[QUOTE]Belicheck has lobbied for cameras on the goal line , ignored by the competition commitee.....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

Really? Because I agree with that... Hm. Wonder why they'd do that?

Then again, I'm a big fan of the human element of sports. Really is horrible when it changes a game, I'm a college FB fan and it kills me when it happens to my team, but it makes for great debate!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

please, all you morons stick a tampon in your vag and shut it

the NFL isnt rigged, its and evil empire, but it aint rigged. 

though, if there is an off field advantage totally unrelated to football the pats have it. . . becuas Robert Kraft is very good friends with Goodell and helped him get his job as comish...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Gradma Clampett?  Laz, I watched a few of those episodes, but I thought those country bumpkins live in Beverly Hills.  Now I don't know what racous means, but then again, I am from the midwest.  What I don't understand, however, is how you know what goes on here when you demonstrate such disdain for it?  Maybe you read it in a book.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

"Main Street" by Sinclair Lewis.
    The times have changed. The people have not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : I can't speak for anyone else, but I see a lot of that in ANY GAME, in any stadium. I also see a lot of QB's look at refs and ask for flags when they barely get hit. Not saying it is right or wrong, but it happens everywhere. ALl fans of ALL teams should stop acting like their own team doesn't do things. But that's just my two cents. :)
    Posted by funforme8[/QUOTE]

Like you said, you can't speak for anybody else. If you see the blatant bad calls that always seem to go Indy's way in "ANY GAME", you might want to consult an eye doctor.

People never want to be seen as complainers...because they invariably are called on the carpet for sour grapes. That is why the 2007 Pats win over Indy is so illuminating. People forget how biased the officiating was in that game because the Patriots managed to overcome it. Same is true of the 2005 Steelers' playoff win in Indy.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The only time threads like this one pop up is when the Pats play the Colts...especially in Indy. I wonder why??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Belicheck has lobbied for cameras on the goal line , ignored by the competition commitee.....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]
    So this instance alone, defines that the pats have absolutely no influence with the league?  Please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]     The only time threads like this one pop up is when the Pats play the Colts...especially in Indy. I wonder why??
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Must be rigged.  How'd you vote TP?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]please, all you morons stick a tampon in your vag and shut it the NFL isnt rigged, its and evil empire, but it aint rigged.  though, if there is an off field advantage totally unrelated to football the pats have it. . . becuas Robert Kraft is very good friends with Goodell and helped him get his job as comish...
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]

~I'm not sure I buy into your post...  Whether you're right or wrong is not the real issue at hand.  The true problem is more aptly situated along the lines of credibility, AND since I believe your moniker-name, "Gulo" is a suitable and aply fitting name for a Klingon Warlord, I've come to the objective conclusion that You clearly cannot be trusted.  Not only will I always believe Cloaking Devices give one an unfair advantage in stealth-tactics for your Birds of Prey Spaceships, BUT Ever since your High-rulers rigged the trial of Kirk and Spock in a Klingon-murder-conspiracy, sentencing them to freeze on the work-gulags of a penal colony Ice Planet, YOU sending out ANY similiar sentiments like Kraft and Goodell being in cahoots with one another, Is pretty hypocritical in a way, don'tcha think?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : "Main Street" by Sinclair Lewis. The times have changed. The people have not.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

I prefer to practice my viewpoints within and under Samuel Beckett's "Endgame" over Lewis' "Main Street," concepts which I viewed as somewhat simple or colloquial...   In Endgame, It's The People as well that haven't changed, BUT in a different, more crazier way:

There's just 3 key play protagonists, and They just sit there overcome with senseless and meaningless arguing amongst each other, or just simply the inertia of past failure(s) and/or pure laziness...  This goes on unchangingly, incessantly and ridiculously, 3 players, stuck in 1 room that is viewed metaphorically as being forms of the Id/Ego/Superego in One's own head-Arguing and getting zero accomplished...forever.  Madness is beautiful...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : So this instance alone, defines that the pats have absolutely no influence with the league?  Please.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Rigged...no. But theres' no doubt that the refs will be carrying blue horseshoes in their pockets. Its' just one more thing that the Pats will have to overcome to win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? :      Rigged...no. But theres' no doubt that the refs will be carrying blue horseshoes in their pockets. Its' just one more thing that the Pats will have to overcome to win.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Well, I am not sure how you can't call that rigged.