Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot?

The Pats core of players who have been a part of all 4 SB appearances this decade, including three wins, shrunk quick in the last week.  Bruschi retires and Seymour is traded.  Here's the question...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot?

I cant see him not retireing a pat,maybe not finishing his time here,depending on how long he wants to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, he is Mr. Patriot.

if he wins a couple more SB's what else would he have to prove? he has the most gorgeous wife in the world. what else does he need after that. unless he wants to coach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Brady has a life outside football. I think the Pats will keep him until his skills start to drop off. And as soon as his skills start to drop off, Brady will be ready to retire and move on to other things. So Brady's with the Pats until the end of his career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I don't think Brady will retire a Patriot, I know he will!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot?:
    The Pats core of players who have been a part of all 4 SB appearances this decade, including three wins, shrunk quick in the last week.  Bruschi retires and Seymour is traded.  Here's the question...
    Posted by agcsbill

I voted that he'll stay but that may be wishful thinking. I never thought I'd see Law, Martin, Milloy, McGinest or Drew leave either...

I know, I'm comparing apples to oranges, but you get what I'm saying. I think we all would like our players to in some way be 'immortal' and be at the top of their game forever. Sadly, that isn't the real world. Here today, gone tomorrow is the nature of the beast that is the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Re: Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot?:
    In Response to Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot? : I voted that he'll stay but that may be wishful thinking. I never thought I'd see Law, Martin, Milloy, McGinest or Drew leave either...  I know, I'm comparing apples to oranges, but you get what I'm saying. I think we all would like our players to in some way be 'immortal' and be at the top of their game forever. Sadly, that isn't the real world. Here today, gone tomorrow is the nature of the beast that is the NFL.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

Ah, milady - there are exceptions to everything. Brady will stay a Patriot due to the combination of: a/his tangible and intangible skills; b/his status as a marketing icon; and c/as long as he stays in NE, the legend continues since he is seen by most of us as the on-the-field catalyst behind the Pats' SB wins (don't ever underestimate the power and value of myths and legends).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

Like Bruschi and Brown he is a Patriot in every sence of the word. Seymore was a money grubber....He played well (and I thank him) but he cares more about the money than winning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

If Joe Montana could be traded ,then anyone can.I wouldn't like it,but never say never.Let's just hope he takes the John Elway path rather than the Brett Farve path in the twilight of his NFL career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I want to believe he will retire a Patriot.  I still think it's probable, but one thing concerns me a bit: He said recently he wants to play until he's 40, and then soon after he said he'd like to play 10 more years (age 42).  Brady doesn't usually throw out goals he's not determined to reach.  If he insists on playing that long, I fear there is a CHANCE he could be forced to do it somewhere else.  I'd still say its overwhelmingly likely he retires a Patriot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

First let me put it this way... Will he leave before he is basicly done? NO but he could pull a montana and go somewhere for a tear maybe two at the end of his career if he feels the need and it is someone like Pioli asking him to come back to do it. But I think it is very unlikely that happens because when he retires lets face it we would all choose sleeping in with Giselle(sp)!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Do we have any bridges or tunnels being built we can name after Tom Brady!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Who thinks Tom Brady will retire a Patriot?:
    Posted by agcsbill

Bet on it. He'll retire in a Pats uniform. krafty will never let him go and he's smart enough to not chase the last dollar to a cleveland or a seattle. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Wouldn't count on it.  When he starts getting a bit long in the tooth (I love that expression), there will come a point at which they're going to move on without him, and if he isn't ready to hang em up yet, he'll play somewhere else.

I mean I'm sure he'll come back for a 1 day contract and retire a Patriot, but I would not be surprised if at some point he played for another team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from revereman. Show revereman's posts

HE WILL BE A PATRIOT FOREVER! AND, WHEN HE IS DONE, HE WILL RUN FOR POLITICAL OFFICE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I hate to disagree with the majority of the views here, but Brady will play elsewhere at the end of his career after his skills erode and his salary continues to increase.  The Patriots have PROVEN over the course of time with multiple examples that they place a value on a player and a position and once you don't fit that formula, you are gone.  Adam Vineteiri who was every bit as responsible for winning those first two SBs was released over $500,000 a year!!!

The only career long Patriots in the Belichick era have been Bruschi and Brown.  Everyone else ended up somewhere else and most were never the same player.  Examples include Pro Bowlers like Law, Milloy, Coates, Seymour, Samuel, Martin, Bledsoe, Vrabel and Vineteiri all released or traded in many cases still in their prime.  Second tier performers like Graham, Andruzzi, Chung, Hobbs, Wilson, Patton, and also Branch quickly come to mind as guys who left mostly over money.

In the case of Brady he would truly have to not care about the money at all and be willing to accept a back-up role 5-6 years from now or when the time comes to stay with the Pats.  I just don't see that happening.  The Pats will bring in another QB at some point to learn under Tom as the Niners did bringing in Steve Young.  To not do that would be foolish and elite teams are not foolish.  The Pats have never shown a great deal of loyalty to players.  It's a business first and with every trade, release or retirement of a former star this point is driven home.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but history has shown I'm likely right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

glad to see the seymour deal has pushed some of the kool aid moderators to atleast allow us to entertain the idea that our sainted king brady is ultimately just another one of the sheep and in due time could be treated just like seymour, branch and the others. i dont think tom will want to ever be the highest paid QB likr the mannings obviously wanted, but he will want to be atleast #3 and be shown a certain respect and loyalty that goes beyond just pure patriot-football "logic". the way belichick treated seymour reflects a return to his cold, dehumanizg side. there is a way to do the same thing and be more civil and decent about it. having the player come to the facilities for a warm one on one as u thank him for his services and break the news to him would have been a start. when u treat the semours this way, y do u think brady is going to be all warm and fuzzy when he has all the leverage in giving you a discount? brady must feel he can go to SF and be just as great. bel has to tweak his model a bit not just for tommy but for the other guys around him on the team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

bubba's comments do put that cold chill in your veins when thinking of just how Brady will end his career.  I just hope he doesn't pull a Favre and embarrass himself.

I wonder if fans in Indy have similar thoughts.  Do they revere Manning as much as Pats fans revere Brady?  In basically the same timeline, Brady has been at the helm of the Pats O for 4 SBs while Manning only one.  One would hope the loyalty to the team will stick and to the player from the team.  How many times did Brown look like he was a goner only to come back?  He never had a fling with another team his entire career.  Bruschi, same thing.  Many of the other players referred to in faucetman's post, to a degree, were also looking for more money and were willing to leave the Pats to get it.  Brady has taken less money, unlike many, many other players, to help the team be a winner.  Do you think the Mannings have such thoughts when they signed?

Somewhere in the mind of wishful thinking, there is the thought that every time Brady restructured his contract to help the team, there was a wink and a nod from Kraft that he will get his $$$.  Unless you were the fly on the wall, no one will know.  But, somehow, I think that may be the end game to Brady and his career with the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts