Who Wants Another Patriots/Giants Matchup in SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Who Wants Another Patriots/Giants Matchup in SB?

If the Patriots make it to the SB, who wants to see another rematch vs. Giants? Or, would fans like to see them matched up against someone else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Who Wants Another Patriots/Giants Matchup in SB?

I'd take the Giants if Gronk, Hern and Edelman come back safe and sound and we get that BYE for BB to rest his guys. 

You give me that stable of dynamic backs we have this year against any defense. We can beat them with speed (Vereen and Woodhead), power (Bolden) and a mixture of the two (Ridley). 

Plus, I'd take Talib and Dennard over McCourty and Arrington any day of the week. I'd also take McCourty at safety over JI and Chung. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I want no part of Eli and those Giants.  I dont care if they're 1-15, they are a terrible match up for our Pats.  They have been since 2007.  The sooner they don't make the playoffs, the better.  BB hasn't been able to get the better of Coughlin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Would love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I'd take the Giants if Gronk, Hern and Edelman come back safe and sound and we get that BYE for BB to rest his guys. 

You give me that stable of dynamic backs we have this year against any defense. We can beat them with speed (Vereen and Woodhead), power (Bolden) and a mixture of the two (Ridley). 

Plus, I'd take Talib and Dennard over McCourty and Arrington any day of the week. I'd also take McCourty at safety over JI and Chung. 

Obviously Gronk beiong hobbled last year was the difference in a close game like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I don't really think there is anyone I want to see in particular (if the Patriots can make it to the SB...one step at a time). Every opponent will be tough. While playing the Giants again would be great for a chance at settling the score a little, going 0-3 againt them would also be very painful.

IMO in order to be the best, the Patriots need to beat the best. If the Giants aren't the best, then I'm fine with that. If they are, I'm fine with that too. I will say regardless of who the Patriots might play (again IF they can make it), I just want the team to be healthy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I would have no issue with it, IF the Pats are all healthy and ready to go. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Whoever is the best team.

Would rather play the team that blows out the Giants 45-3

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

We can't seem to block their front 4, so I want nothing to do with the Giants. They seem to have our number. If you put pressure on Brady (or any QB) your offense will struggle. Watching last nights game brought back memories of the last 2 SBs where we couldn't do anything against their pass rush. Bad match up for the pats for sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

An interview with Coughlin he IMO pretty much said the two wins were made off of two plays that were beyond reason to be completed. Especially the one on the head.

both losses were of bad luck than skill and better play IMHO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I'm not going to say I don't want to see the Giants ever again in the Sb but.............................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'd love to see NE play any NFC team if it means we make it to the SB. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I don't really think there is anyone I want to see in particular (if the Patriots can make it to the SB...one step at a time). Every opponent will be tough. While playing the Giants again would be great for a chance at settling the score a little, going 0-3 againt them would also be very painful.

IMO in order to be the best, the Patriots need to beat the best. If the Giants aren't the best, then I'm fine with that. If they are, I'm fine with that too. I will say regardless of who the Patriots might play (again IF they can make it), I just want the team to be healthy.

that would be horrible if they did meet again.....and lost for the 3rd time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

....  and the Giants do not have another "miracle play in the history of super bowls" late in a game again!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

If everyone's healthy I would love to see them in a rematch. We have the playmakers on offense this time around to negate the pressure the Giants' front four can apply. By the time the Superbowl comes around I believe the defense will be good enough to handle their offense as well and I believe it would be a blowout in the Pats favor, erasing the sting of the last two losses and cemeting Belichick's and Brady's legacy as the greatest head coach and QB of all time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I just want to see the Pats in the Super Bowl,I don't care who they play.But.... if it was the Giants,I'd be happy.

Revenge is a dish best served cold (Old Klingon proverb)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

no

but any SB would be fab

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

An interview with Coughlin he IMO pretty much said the two wins were made off of two plays that were beyond reason to be completed. Especially the one on the head.

both losses were of bad luck than skill and better play IMHO.

U mean the pass rush Brady experienced was imaginary?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A blowout? That's realistic. And you better hope that D plays better, no matter who they play. Regardless, BB has the credentials to do that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I'd like to see the Patriots playing the Eagles or the Panthers. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I would love to see that rematch. I think the Patriots are going to be just fine. I'll take any SuperBowl win; that goes without saying. But, oh how sweet it would be to win against the Giants.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

E-Lie & the Gi Aint's winning another one us. Third times a charm!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bring them on!! 1 lucky catche in each of those 2 superbowls were all the difference in those two SB's.  There would be nothing better for TFB to get his 4th ring by beating the Giants.  I like the Pats chances. If you look at it back in 2007 the Pats had Moss and Welker, in 2011 the Pats had Hernandez, Welker and 1/2 of Gronk.  This year there is depth in the backfield that can do a lot of different things out of the backfield, Depth in the TE position, and it looks like they have found a way to use Edelman. 

When looking back 2007 they should have blown the Giants away, last year I wasn't too excitied to face them due to injuries and I didn't feel like they had a dynamic offense and the D, well it was horrible.  But this year I really like how the offense has been looking even without some key players, imagine a full healthy roster.  I'm even excitied about the defense.

Now you have to ask yourself, has the Giants done more or even close to as much to improve their team as much as the Patriots have this year?  No they have not, it's not even close!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

I want no part of Eli and those Giants.  I dont care if they're 1-15, they are a terrible match up for our Pats.  They have been since 2007.  The sooner they don't make the playoffs, the better.  BB hasn't been able to get the better of Coughlin.

but if they meet again, how do the Patriots get vindication? :)

Sections
Shortcuts