Who was a better player Troy Brown or Wes Welker?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Who was a better player Troy Brown or Wes Welker?

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Silly question, what next? Rodney Harrison vs. Merriweather and Chung? 

Not even TFB can pick Wes...

I was looking for a youtube of that play! All I could find was one from high up in the bleachers of the stadium. Can't really see what's going on down at the field.

Brown's play here embodies true mental toughness and determination to win that I hope all Patriots team members would have. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Here's a classic off field Troy moment:

Minutes before kick off of SB 36, I think it was Lesley Visser who got a quick sideline interview with Troy and he was so amped up while answering her questions, he was channeling Kramer in that Cafe Latte episode where he burns himself and sues the cofffee chain with Jackie Chiles.

Troy was so gacked, I have not heard anyone string sentences so coherent together like that since Kramer or the guy in the 1980s commericals who talked really fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12jwC65KD70

I remember this as well. Great Moment. Also another great Troy Brown moment was after SB 38, when he broke his nose. They caught up with him after the game and Ive never seen someone so excited about a broken nose! He got the Snot knocked out him early. Went to the sideline, stuff some tissue in there and went back out to make plays! Gotta love Him! Rodney was aslo very happy and was proud of his broken arm as a battle scar! Those were BALLERS!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Your bringing some crazy memories back, cheers:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

No question Wes was more effective during the regular season. No question Troy was clutch and Wes was not.

For one big play or one big game I take Troy. For a season I take Welker. You wanna win a SB take Troy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Troys had a knack for giving the team exactly what they needed from him, whatever it was, when they needed it most.

Troy and Ty and Tedy and Willie and Rodney and Tommy...oh the memories.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

To be mentioned with Troy Brown is a huge compliment. Wes Welker is a great player and was fun to watch but unfortunately Wes never held the Lombardi. That's the difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Troy--one of my all time favourite players.

Are you from Canada originally? I noticed you spell "favorite" the English way, which means you are very likely a guy who is from Canada. I don't know anyone who uses the English spelling of that word barring they are from England or Ontario/Canada.

Where are you from in New England?

I noticed you've dodged this question.

Oh geez .  .  . I try to use Canadian spelling all the time so I get used to it, since most of my clients are now Canadian and when I send them proposals I like to spell the words the way they expect them to be spelled.  

I was born in southeastern CT and lived in CT, RI, and MA as a kid. Graduated from high school in Massachusetts, not far from Foxboro, actually (Tri-Valley league).  Then lived in Boston proper through most of the 90s and off route 2 in central mass through much of the 2000s.  

Where are you from?  Maybe you're the bandwagoner from some other state!

haha

Was that so hard?

I grew up in Eastern MA.  Lived in NC out of college after going to college here, then Chicago, now back to NC.

What is your favorite Fleetwood Mac album? Rumors or Rumours?  I would imagine half the band wanted it spelled one way and the English part of the band, the other. hehe

Don't you think it's a bit weird that the English insist on spelling their words as if they were French?

As you know, I lived in Chicago for years too .  . . love the city as I know you do  . . . but I had to watch the 86 Super Bowl in a room full of Bears' fans.  Ugly, ugly . . . 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

What I remember about brown was one time in a hurry up he caught a pass went out of bounds.  When he threw the ball to the ref the defender stepped in front and got hit with the ball. he got a 15 yard penalty.  He was pretty upset. Said he never got penalized for A personal foul before. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Are you from Canada originally? I noticed you spell "favorite" the English way, which means you are very likely a guy who is from Canada. I don't know anyone who uses the English spelling of that word barring they are from England or Ontario/Canada.

Oh geez .  .  . I try to use Canadian spelling all the time so I get used to it, since most of my clients are now Canadian and when I send them proposals I like to spell the words the way they expect them to be spelled.  

I was born in southeastern CT and lived in CT, RI, and MA as a kid. Graduated from high school in Massachusetts, not far from Foxboro, actually (Tri-Valley league).  Then lived in Boston proper through most of the 90s and off route 2 in central mass through much of the 2000s.  

haha

Was that so hard?

I grew up in Eastern MA.  Lived in NC out of college after going to college here, then Chicago, now back to NC.

What is your favorite Fleetwood Mac album? Rumors or Rumours?  I would imagine half the band wanted it spelled one way and the English part of the band, the other. hehe

Don't you think it's a bit weird that the English insist on spelling their words as if they were French?

As you know, I lived in Chicago for years too .  . . love the city as I know you do  . . . but I had to watch the 86 Super Bowl in a room full of Bears' fans.  Ugly, ugly . . . 

Yes, I do.    The Pats were never going to beat the Bears. I was just thrilled they made it there.

At least Bears fan are good peeps.  Pats fans got the last laugh at this point. Their best QB was Sid Luckman which was like 70 years ago. lol

Yeah, me too. That was a great postseason run.  I guess Bears fans are good peeps--though not if you were to ask my mother in law who lived in the Green Bay area and had Packers season tickets since Lambeau opened.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

haha

Was that so hard?

Yes, I do.    The Pats were never going to beat the Bears. I was just thrilled they made it there.

At least Bears fan are good peeps.  Pats fans got the last laugh at this point. Their best QB was Sid Luckman which was like 70 years ago. lol

Yeah, me too. That was a great postseason run.  I guess Bears fans are good peeps--though not if you were to ask my mother in law who lived in the Green Bay area and had Packers season tickets since Lambeau opened.

They are such nice people in that part of their country, I chuckled at the each's heckling tactics. They're like pussycats compared to the northeast.

Yeah. If you ever go to Lambeau, the cheerleaders are from the local high school.  It's really kind of cute. That and everyone is wearing their deer hunting clothes under their packers jerseys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

haha

Was that so hard?

They are such nice people in that part of their country, I chuckled at the each's heckling tactics. They're like pussycats compared to the northeast.

Yeah. If you ever go to Lambeau, the cheerleaders are from the local high school.  It's really kind of cute. That and everyone is wearing their deer hunting clothes under their packers jerseys.

Snow mobile suit is much warmer.  You put your snow mobile suit on and light the wood stove in October then take it off and put it out in may. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Okay  . . . off to bed.  Continue tomorrow . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

LOL, Really? Would have to be Troy Brown. Didn't drop a pass to cost us the SB or a pass to cost us the AFCCG

Thank The Lord for Troy brown!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Player? Troy. Slot receiver? Wes.

But, Troy was big in big games and played with lesser talent around him in a more difficult era for WRs to shake free in coverage.

Wes has had it easier in an offensive based era, which is why he does 120 receptions every year.

Give me Troy, though. My favorite Pats player of all time, actually.

Troy! Troy! Troy!

Sections
Shortcuts