Who was the genius that thought they should sign Amendola for $30 million?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Who was the genius that thought they should sign Amendola for $30 million?

Here's a guy who missed 20 of 32 games in the last two years, a guy whose injury record was like a RED FLAG to a bull, stay away. Some genius( I hope it wasn't BB) decided that Amendola was a better option than future Hall of Fame receiver Wes Welker. Yes you heard it here Welker will be a Hall of Famer, count on it. 

Was the genius who opted for Amendola the same one who traded the rights for another future Hall of Famer Dez Bryant for basically a 4 th round draft pick. Dez Bryant , 6'2" 4'4 speed, had some character issues, not bad ones, also had some freaky talent abilities. Jerry Jones who couldn't score in a $100 brothel with ten grand in his pocket, got some idiot in the Pats organization to give the Cowboys Bryant.

Bryant at the time was a possible number one pick, who had dropped right into the Pats, because of character issues, mainly issues regarding his family,  none related to catching footballs So now they have Edelman, the main squeeze, that would be Edelman the 7 th round pick Quarterback out of the football powerhouse Kent State. watch what Revis does to Edelman next week, he catches one maybe two balls. Gee wouldn't have been nice to have Dez Bryant for Tommy Boy to throw two. (9-7) Pats record at closing time, eliminated first round of the playoffs. can't possible win with this receiving corp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Who was the genius that thought they should sign Amendola for $30 million?

In response to aussiewill2's comment:

Here's a guy who missed 20 of 32 games in the last two years, a guy whose injury record was like a RED FLAG to a bull, stay away. Some genius( I hope it wasn't BB) decided that Amendola was a better option than future Hall of Fame receiver Wes Welker. Yes you heard it here Welker will be a Hall of Famer, count on it. 

Was the genius who opted for Amendola the same one who traded the rights for another future Hall of Famer Dez Bryant for basically a 4 th round draft pick. Dez Bryant , 6'2" 4'4 speed, had some character issues, not bad ones, also had some freaky talent abilities. Jerry Jones who couldn't score in a $100 brothel with ten grand in his pocket, got some idiot in the Pats organization to give the Cowboys Bryant.

Bryant at the time was a possible number one pick, who had dropped right into the Pats, because of character issues, mainly issues regarding his family,  none related to catching footballs So now they have Edelman, the main squeeze, that would be Edelman the 7 th round pick Quarterback out of the football powerhouse Kent State. watch what Revis does to Edelman next week, he catches one maybe two balls. Gee wouldn't have been nice to have Dez Bryant for Tommy Boy to throw two. (9-7) Pats record at closing time, eliminated first round of the playoffs. can't possible win with this receiving corp.

Dez Bryant got passed on because he's as dumb as a bag of rocks, the guys BB drafted are smarter than Bryant and they're struggling to pick up the system. Dez can't even master Dallas' playbook and Dallas' playbook is not complex, Dez and Tony Romo still aren't on the same page and they're in year 3 of their relationship. 

The rookies are talented, not Dez talented, but talented than what we've had since Jabar left. We can win with them, we'll just have to struggle with them until they get their feet under them. P.S. Dobson is 6'3 and also runs a 4.4. He was a team captain and has 0 red flags on his character. I'd take him over Dez.

As far as Welker is concerned, his HOF career will be his New England career. He won't get 100 catches this season like he did in New England and he might end up leading the league in drops(6 so far)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

I didn't notice you debating the virtues of the Amendola signing, only your evaluation of how great Aaron Dobson is going to be. So it's alright to sign guys with issues, like Aaron Hernandez, Alonzo Dennard, and Tompkins, whose been arrested more times than Al Capone, but don't sign Dez Bryant. You are a card carrying idiot.

Dez Bryant got passed on because he's as dumb as a bag of rocks, the guys BB drafted are smarter than Bryant and they're struggling to pick up the system. Dez can't even master Dallas' playbook and Dallas' playbook is not complex, Dez and Tony Romo still aren't on the same page and they're in year 3 of their relationship. 

The rookies are talented, not Dez talented, but talented than what we've had since Jabar left. We can win with them, we'll just have to struggle with them until they get their feet under them. P.S. Dobson is 6'3 and also runs a 4.4. He was a team captain and has 0 red flags on his character. I'd take him over Dez.

As far as Welker is concerned, his HOF career will be his New England career. He won't get 100 catches this season like he did in New England and he might end up leading the league in drops(6 so far)

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Since when does BB have issues with on/off field antics? C'mon man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

How did you get a hold of the Boys' playbook? What makes you think that their regiment of plays is so much easier than the Pats'? Foxborough based team doesn't mean they're all Crimson grads. Nonsense post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would rather have Amendola and his hands for one game than Welker and his for a season. Why would you want a guy with a history of dropping very important passes in the most important games?

Yes  they have Edelman, the Edelman that so far is seriously out performing Welker. You have a problem with someone who is out performing a Hall of Famer?

Dez is a tool and probably could't work in the Pats offense.

I guess you haven't watched much NFL football. The Pats have won three Superbowls with less talented receivers.

Must be a bummer that the Pats decided to get off the fantasy football train.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

......uh, probably the same guy who thought it was a good idea to draft Ras-I Dowling.  Or the same guy who thought it was a good idea to draft Gronk when noone else would touch him due to his Back issues.  Or the same guy who thought it was a good idea to successfully make Troy Brown and Incredelman a DB.  Or maybe the same guy who found Undrafted gems like Stephen Neal, or cast-offs Mike Vrabel or Ninkovich. 

Look, I get it.  I get Pi$$ed off just like you when we trade down and pick up lower skilled players and pass on "sure fire" guys.  BUT, BB has proven to have a pretty good track record on most postitions except DB and WR.  I'm a pessimist as much as anyone but you can't really argue with the Pats record over the last 12 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would rather have Amendola and his hands for one game than Welker and his for a season. Why would you want a guy with a history of dropping very important passes in the most important games?

Yes  they have Edelman, the Edelman that so far is seriously out performing Welker. You have a problem with someone who is out performing a Hall of Famer?

I guess you haven't watched much NFL football. The Pats have won three Superbowls with less talented receivers.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Russ, good points.

dez is a tool and I am glad the pats didn't draft him. 

2 problems with what you said...

1. You would rather have a guy for one game then a guy for the entire season? What does 1 game do for us unless its the SB? Nothing. Even with welkers drops, he plays and is durable. 

2. The pats have won 3 sb's with less talented wr's? not entirely true. Branch, givens, Patton I don't think are any less talented than Dobson, Boyce, Edelman or thompkins. Plus, the defenses on these SB winning teams were superior in talent to what we have today. That is a big reason why we won. Do you honestly think our SB winning defenses are on par with what we have today?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Ultimate troll post. You gave your age away as a young (teens to early 20's?) bandwagon fan who has never faced adversity. You dont like what happening now? Get lost go route for another team. Any moron who calls Dez Bryant a future HOF is clearly off his meds! The same Dez Bryant who was arrested last year for battering his own mother? TROLL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

That would be BB probably with Mcdaniels in his ear. Not looking such a good deal. Even though Wes dropped some crucial passes he was a big reason why Pats go to the post season 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I can see why BB would trust Joshy with those kind of reccomendations. You remember that LLoyd was Also a reccomendation. Josh had coached him for 3 years. Then he got here and they hated him and talked about him being so weird on the way out. I wonder did Joshy tell BB about LLoyd being bad for the locker room or did he just forget that small little tidbit?

This is becoming maybe one of the worst offseasons evA! Lets hope this team has the same ability to turn adversity into chemistry like the teams of the past. We got enough this year to Fuel a 747!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Say what you mean! If you have an agenda, state it! You are not smart enough to be cute!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

9-7 won't get them into the playoffs.  Good thing they're going to win 11.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Ok Russ, good points.

dez is a tool and I am glad the pats didn't draft him. 

2 problems with what you said...

1. You would rather have a guy for one game then a guy for the entire season? What does 1 game do for us unless its the SB? Nothing. Even with welkers drops, he plays and is durable. 

2. The pats have won 3 sb's with less talented wr's? not entirely true. Branch, givens, Patton I don't think are any less talented than Dobson, Boyce, Edelman or thompkins. Plus, the defenses on these SB winning teams were superior in talent to what we have today. That is a big reason why we won. Do you honestly think our SB winning defenses are on par with what we have today?

In answer to number one, I was talking about the superbowl. There is no sense making it to the superbowl if your durable receiver is going to choke and drop it away. Not saying that it was a forgone conclusion but the evidence was mounting.

In answer to number two, yes, I do think the present set of receivers are more talented than any of the superbowl teams set of receivers. They only need experience to show it.

As far as the D is concerned, I would say they are more talented than the 2001 team and probably the other teams too. Again, they just need experience to show it. Don't forget, this is one of the youngest teams in the NFL.

As for being Rusty, I'm not. Our writing styles aren't anywhere close.  Though if by calling me Rusty you mean I'm an optimist, I will take that everyday.

Have a good day Ron!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well one thing is for sure, you gotta be able to be on the field to make catches.  And the more targets, the more catches then sure you will get drops.  I guess you would take Amendola over Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Victor Cruz, to name a few, because they all had around the same number of drops as Welker.  What you need to look at is drop rate and Welker isn't near the top of that list.   Last I seen, Edelman has several drops already this season.  One was a TD we could have seriously used vs the Bills.

Give me at the least 1 full seasons of Welker type numbers from Edelman then we will talk about comparing the two.  Until Julian can prove he is durable enough to make it the full season and put up high production rate, Welker type numbers, then we can compare the two.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

That would be BB probably with Mcdaniels in his ear. Not looking such a good deal. Even though Wes dropped some crucial passes he was a big reason why Pats go to the post season 

I agree.  And I'm not accepting any of the we lost because Welker dropped the ball garbage.  Unless Welker was standing in the endzone and dropped the game winning TD, or dropped a pass on the final drive on 4th down to keep the chains moving or fumbled the ball as he was running into the endzone scoring the game winning td then I don't want to hear it.  There were many more mistakes that helped cause losses.  Had Welker made any of the catches that are being described here as "crucial"  can you promise me that they would have scored?  Can anyone promise me there wouldn't have been a turnover the very next play?  Can anyone promise me that they could have at least made a chip shot FG to put points on the board?  Nope.  No guarantees here folks, so the blame game doesn't work with me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Looks like more dead money is on the way.

What a stupid signing.

The GM is a joke.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The same genius who built the contract around bonuses IF he stayed healthy.  He's already missing out on some cash, even if it's not a bulk of his pay check.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, Wes Welker and Dez Bryant both suck.  Glad too see Danny Amendola on the Pats, if were lucky maybe he plays one more game before the end of the season.

[/QUOTE]

Twist, much? I never said anyone sucked.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

How did you get a hold of the Boys' playbook? What makes you think that their regiment of plays is so much easier than the Pats'? Foxborough based team doesn't mean they're all Crimson grads. Nonsense post.

The Pats run the most complex offense in football, it's not an offense anyone can pick easily. The Cowboys don't, just watch their offense. It's the same plays, same routes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The Pats run the most complex offense in football, it's not an offense anyone can pick easily. The Cowboys don't, just watch their offense. It's the same plays, same routes.

Which goes back to the argument that if the Patriots offense is so complex that it is difficult to find players who can run it, is it too complicated for its own good?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

The same genius who built the contract around bonuses IF he stayed healthy.  He's already missing out on some cash, even if it's not a bulk of his pay check.  

I don't care about the money.  I care about the lack of quality receivers on the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

[QUOTE]

Which goes back to the argument that if the Patriots offense is so complex that it is difficult to find players who can run it, is it too complicated for its own good?

[/QUOTE]

The Pats believe that their complex offense helps to expose match-ups that favor them. They also a steep playbook because of the hurry up. Brady likes it, McD likes it, BB doesn't care as long as they score by the looks of it. Win, win, tie.