Who will be former Patriots?

Very likely....

CHUNG

Arrington

Cole

Branch

Stallworth

Richards

Somewhat likely... ($$$/Need may be the deciding factor)

Welker

Talib

Woodhead

Hoomanawanui

Allen

Barrett

White

Scott

Koutouvides

Unlikely....

Vollmer

Edelman

Thomas

Share your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Who will be former Patriots?

Of your very likely, I think they keep 1 of arrnIngton  / cole. Especially if they don't resign Talib. Arrington is not a good starting corner, but at least he has played it, has good st value, and we need depth at corner. I expect him to take a. Team friendly deal.

on your somewhats...I think Hooman stays, Talib stays, one of woody / welker stays, the rest go...maybe koutovides to ps if he is still eligible. 

Unlikely...I think vollmer stays, Edelman stays. It depends I think on what woody, Edelman and Wes want...I think they keep 2 of that group, but not sure which...with the emergence of Vereen, woody maybe expendable. Edelman injury history worries me if u combine that with the injury history of all of our te's we have a bunch of injury prone skill players...not good...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm not sure they resign Vollmer...it'd be a lot of money for a right tackle that has back issues. He's a good young player, but how much are they going to spend on our line? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think Arrington stays unless there is more league interest in him than I anticipate.  He's actually pretty good in the slot and a valuable special teamer.  And for all the troubles the defense had after Talib went down in the championship game I think he actually played pretty well.  I think they resign him at a reasonable price.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think BB makes a serious run at Talib.  Just comes down to cash.  He obviously became impatient with his secondary, and he looks to bolster that position.  I just wish he had come to this point 3 years ago. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well, according to BR, cutting the following players would save the Pats 6.5 MM in cap.

Ghost who has the 3rd highest hit behind Fork and TB = 2.5 mm

Gregory=1.25mm

Dowling = 733k Barely cracked the line-up when healthy

Fells=1.25 MM  Have Ballard in waiting

Larsen= 750k.

Gost would be the hardest to replace but production dropped, so maybe not that hard.

They prob give Dowling another year, butt.....maybe not

May all be gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think you have to give Dowling one last shot.  If they can sign Talib...

You have Talib, Dennard, Dowling, McCourty, and dare I say Reed?  That's a strong secondary right there. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Thanks for posting - nice to see it all laid out.

I agree with most, I think Arrington is likely coming back - I doubt there is a whole lot of interest in him, and he is 'serviceable'.

I was curious about RT pay scale and did a little research - average for top 10 excluding rookie deals for LT that failed and moved to right tackle is $5M/year. I think Vollmer is definitely top 10 talent wise and with his medical issues will be less highly persued by other teams. An incentivized deal at $4-5M per year I think is doable for the Pats. Might depend on how good Cannon looks.

On the middle group - I think it comes down to money. I was pleasantly surprised by Hoomanawanui and think he could stick - doubt he would be expensive and he is nice insurance. Would hate to see Woody go, but the backfield is pretty full and he may have priced himself out of contention with his performance.

Welker - I think he tests the waters and comes back - just don't think anyone will value him significantly higher then the Pats. He is a great player with incredible durability, but would be unlikely to produce as well on any other team.

Aqib - I really wonder about him. His off-field issues are still relevant. He might take a 1-3 year team friendly deal to build his stock before looking to cash in on his obvious talent.

For the others - they are end of the roster fodder and likely to be part of the roster churn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Very likely....

CHUNG

Arrington

Cole

Branch

Stallworth

Richards

Somewhat likely... ($$$/Need may be the deciding factor)

Welker

Talib

Woodhead

Hoomanawanui

Allen

Barrett

White

Scott

Koutouvides

Unlikely....

Vollmer

Edelman

Thomas

Share your thoughts.

your list is pretty accurate. I htink Talib, Woodhead, Vollmer and Edelman stay

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'm not sure they resign Vollmer...it'd be a lot of money for a right tackle that has back issues. He's a good young player, but how much are they going to spend on our line? 

Hopefully a friendly deal because of the back.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Almost all probably depend on the $$$$. But one of the last things they need is a departure from the O-line. These guys don't run block very well as it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I;d bring back Stallworth...unless they can get someone else. 

But Stallworth and Edelman...perpetual Mr. Glass award nominees. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Almost all probably depend on the $$$$. But one of the last things they need is a departure from the O-line. These guys don't run block very well as it is.

I disagree here.  I think the problems in run blocking we saw against the Ravens were mostly the result of bad blocking from our TEs and not the offensive line.  Hernandez, Hooman and Fells just didn't get the job done.  Hopefully Gronk can stay healthy next season and Ballard is a better run blocker than the other guys we have on the roster.  Now I don't have access to the game film, but I also read that against the Ravens that both Vereen and Ridley uncharacteristically had a fair share of bad reads.  Now I agree that resigning Vollmer should be a priority, but I think our offensive line is much better at run blocking than they get credit for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Well, according to BR, cutting the following players would save the Pats 6.5 MM in cap.

Gregory=1.25mm

Larsen= 750k.

Gost would be the hardest to replace but production dropped, so maybe not that hard.

May all be gone.

I would move on without Ghost.  Too many other needs to pay this guy for his results.  He cost the Cards game with the missed FG and his lack of consistency on KOs is maddening.  They moved the KO up 5 yards and his "strong leg" still isn't enough to put the ball deep enough. 

I really don't think BB has a lot of confidence in him in FGs, as game strategy has shown and Pats fans have to use crossed fingers every time he lines one up in the clutch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Fells is somewhat likely
    If Ballard is healthy, then Fell's is very likely gone

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Gregory=1.25mm

Larsen= 750k.

May all be gone.

Gregory was a very underrated playmaker, and will start at safety again next year barring another move (Ed Reed?).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

Gregory=1.25mm

Larsen= 750k.

May all be gone.

Gregory was a very underrated playmaker, and will start at safety again next year barring another move (Ed Reed?).

They'd better keep Talib and Edelman for sure; I'd like to see Welker and Woody stay too.  Goodbye Vollmer and Arrington.  Reed?  I'll believe it when I see it.  Would be priceless to see him come back and haunt the Ravens.  Brady will have to buy him some snake-skin boots and a steak dinner for the "Kickgate."

ha ha