Who will be our first pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Who will be our first pick?

Just wondering if there'll be any consensus. Name the one guy you think will be #23 (or higher, if you think they'll trade up)!!

I'm going with Knowshon Moreno. If he falls anywhere down below 15 or so, they may trade trade up to get him but I believe BB covets an actual feature RB!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Who will be our first pick?

I would really like to see us take a LT at 23 or the best O linemen still on the board. As much as I would love to get a Cushing or a T. Jackson (if we traded up) I would much rather get a solid NFL O Linemen for years to come. You cant run the ball with Knowshan Moreno if you dont have a good o line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I would really like to see us take a LT at 23 or the best O linemen still on the board. As much as I would love to get a Cushing or a T. Jackson (if we traded up) I would much rather get a solid NFL O Linemen for years to come. You cant run the ball with Knowshan Moreno if you dont have a good o line.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

If one of the true premier OTs falls to 23 or thereabouts, that could happen. Most of the mocks I see have the top 4-5 going real fast, though.

Our Oline isn't exactly chopped liver. Remember, 2007 superbowl aside, we had an all pro left side 2 years ago. I think Oline is a secondary concern this year, unless they come across a real steal, and a primary concern next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Britton, Robinson, or Beatty would be nice to pick up. Defense in the front 7 would be a lot better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I know everyone wants to go defense defense defense in this draft but i just dont see the pats doing exacly what the fans want, when do they ever? They will draft on the D side of teh ball no doubt but dont think they will just ignore other areas of need. Matt Light is going to fall off faster then we know it and we will need a replacement when that happens. Light could move to the right side and we could bring in an elite LT for the next 10 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Larry English or Connor Barwin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

I think it will be CB Alfonso Smith

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Jenkins or Davis if still on the board, maybe Pettigrew.  Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats trade down.  Either way, I have a very strong feeling there will be some real fireworks come draft day.  I see lots of trades happening, especially with a team like Dallas which has no #1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Brandon Pettigrew or Percy Harvin.  Pettigrew is similar to Graham, helps in run game, pass protect and can run people over after catch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Actually, they're going to take Peria Jerry. Hasn't been mentioned yet, but we definitely do not need a 25 year old 4-3 DT, who does not translate at all to a 3-4 system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

O line, I really hope we take a linemen. But I deffently hope we dont WASTE a 1st round pick on a TE. No tight end is worht a 1st round pick. What did Shockey ever do? What has watson done? What did Graham do? Or Vernon Davis? Or Kellen Winslow? All of these tight ends are good but none of them are worth a 1st round pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'd take Jermaine Gresham in the first round next year, no hesitation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I just feel like TE is one of those spots that inthe last 10 or 15 years has started to become overrated. Yes TEs are key and yes we all love a good tight end but really a tight is someone who helps with blocking, and catches the football sometimes except in rare casses like Tony G who can break 1000 yards. Most tight ends wont even break 500 yards receiving in the NFL. Everytime a TE is taken in round 1 he under proforms his contract, every single time. They are just not worth a 1st round pick. 2nd round? deffently but round one just seems to early to me to take a TE. But thats just what i think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

i second that MVP - no TE in the first round. The only one I can think of that would be worth it would be a younger Tony G.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I hope it's Rey M  - I think it will be Robert A - DE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I hope our first pick is an outside linebacker. Someone who can rush the passer. But whoever it is, I will be happy because BB knows best. That's not just blind faith. We have the best man in football making the decisions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Graham was underrated during his time in NE.  Great blocker, punishing screen runner.  He was awesome protecting the edge in the pass game.  A TE that can block and catch well is the rarest commodity in the league. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Daruis Butler from UCONN

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE] Graham was underrated during his time in NE.  Great blocker, punishing screen runner.  He was awesome protecting the edge in the pass game.  A TE that can block and catch well is the rarest commodity in the league. 
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]  Graham was a good football player and fit into the BB style of play but the system allowed him to fulfill his potential. One question where is he today? Perhaps J. MC's  copycat system will increase his potential but not to where it was in NE.
    Tony G. is a large gifted receiver lined up at TE. He is one of the worst blockers in the NFL, IMO. What he normally does is take one or two DE players with him down field far enough to disrupt the defense on the running plays until the De catches on.

Sections
Shortcuts