Who will be the leader at Tight End?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Who will be the leader at Tight End?

Crumpler I would imagaine. He's a great receiving Tight End and he seems to have the correct attitude. He's dropped off weight and is ready to play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Crump is a good choice at this point in the year. It depends on what Gronk does in training camp and if he can make his way on to the field in short order. If Gronk impresses and gets on the field with serious playing time, I'll vote for Gronk then over Crump.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Who will be the leader at Tight End?:
    In terms of stats - who do you think will lead the team in yards, TDs, Receptions?
    Posted by Boston-kyle

It's all a toss-up.  I think it depends on how BB chooses to use Crumpler, Gronkowski, and Hernandez.  If all they're used for is protecting Brady - then all their stats are going to be low. If BB designs plays that take advantage of mismatches on the field where TE is the first or second check down...then Gronkowski or Hernandez will lead.

However, none of them will be "leaders" on the field.......lol. As much as we need "leadership" - sometimes there can be too many cooks in the kitchen too. We don't want to go from one extreme to another.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

For some reason I think crumpler will be used sparingly. Reasoning is this - Belichick and Brady just got new toys in Gronkowski and Hernandez.

My vote is each player will lead the team in each particular category.

Stat leader in 2010
    Hernandez - Yards
    Crumpler - Receptions
    Gronkowski - Touchdowns

Reasoning behind this is that Crumpler will see more playing time than the two rookies(Prediction vs my train of thought). Brady likes throwing to veteran receivers. However, Hernandez yards after the catch are impressive! Our new red zone threat will be the 6'7 Gronkowski.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I love Gronkowski! The new Polish Power following in the foot steps of Ivan Putski.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Finally a subject with teeth ! The Patriots are in a unique position,Crumpler decided to get himself back into shape as an athelete so he's changed my persective as to what to expect, I think his productivity will depend on the playing time alloted the kids. He definately will be the more polished TE of the group and at one time he seemed destined to be a premier pass catching TE,after last year he showed that he also has the skill set to be a top blocking TE and was just that the top blocking TE in the NFL,just check Chris Johnson's stats for confirmation. With all the hype from my fingertips I'm going to say that Hernandez will lead the TE's in receptions and yardage,Gronkowski will tie Crumpler for TD totals and for a ball park guess I'll say they each catch 6 TDs. As for hernandez he will catch 45 passes for approximately 800 yards his YAC in college was incredible,just ask the Messiah of the rocky mountains Tim Tebow..Also he won't play TE so much as he'll be an H-back type similar to Clark over in Indy. Gronkowski is more like Mark Witten in Dallas,these are just the best comparisons I can give as an avid Football fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

i am going to be an optomist and make some suggestions;

1)

Faulk                                                                         brady
                    Hernandez                                                                      Holt
    Moss                Vollmer, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, Light        Edleman        

2) 

Brady
    Moss            Crumpler           (same Line)          Gronk           Holt      tate

3) 
                                                  Brady                                Edleman
    Moss                                    (same line)      Gronk            Tate       holt

4) 
                                           Faulk Brady    

Moss          Hernandez  Gronk   (same line) Crumpler

5)                                           Maroney

Brady
                       Hernandez  Gronk (Same Line) Crumpler        Price

In my opinion the patriots can do so many thing with there weapons there is no reason they cannot become UNPREDICATABLE

WR/TE/RB Set

5;0;0  15%
    4;0;1  20%
    1;3;1  10%
    3;2;1  30%
    2;2;1  10%
    0;3;2  10%
    0;4;1  5% (Kazur or levoir clarify as TE on goalline or 4th & 1 jumbo offset line with 2 tackles on the left) I am counting the extra tackle as a TE,

Last year

5;0;0; 25%
    3;2;0; 25%
    4;1;0; 25%
    2;2;1; 25%

This years team reminds me more of the Saints array of offensive positioning 

Hopefully Obrien, uses all the talent at the right times in the right situations, in an unpredicatable manner in order to keep the defense on its toes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Tagandtrade you won't see either Vollmer or Levoir as a TE this season unless one of the TE's are injured. Don't forget the Patriots have 4 TE's as Rob Myers is still on the team. He's another H-back type.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I love Gronkowski but Hernandez is probably going to be the most productive pass catcher of the tight end group while Alge Crumpler is probably going to be used the most as a traditional blocker. I like Crumpler to have more receiving yards and maybe more receptions than Gronk, but I think Gronk is going to lead the group, just barely, in TD's. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Since I threw out stats on Moss in another thread here's what the hell TE predictions

Crumpler - 20 catches 200 yards 2 TD's   Even though I think Crumpler will be our starting TE early he'll be more of a force in the rushing attack than a receiver.

Gronkowski - 25 catches 275 yards 5 TD's. Gronk will take over the receiver spot. Not quite the blocker Crump is but will be a better receiver. Nice red zone target for Brady.

Hernandez - 25 catches 300 yards 2 TD's. Herandez could see some time early in the season as a 4th receiver. Some talk about him being a H-back. He'll be the leader in yards per reception.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to Who will be the leader at Tight End?:
    In terms of stats - who do you think will lead the team in yards, TDs, Receptions?
    Posted by Boston-kyle

Crumpler otherwise known as C. Johnson's bulldozer (CJ said he accounted for 400 yards worth of his totals) will be huge and will have some nice gains and a few TD's even... but to do with your question...

Yards will be Hernandez (he will line up as a WR some)
    TD's will be Gronkowski (massive red zone threat)
    Receptions will be Hernandez again

Best group of TE's in NFL easily... amazing how we go from worst to first in the matter of about a month at any position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hopefully crumpler can add 400 yards on to maroneys totals last year he had 757 yards over 194 carries. That would mean he would get 1,157 yards which would be really nice. This would mean his average carry would be 5.96 YPC which would be amazing and i am sure he would get more carries if he was playing this well. 

I think hernandez will get the most yards. Crumpler and gronkowski get the most playing time and are very close for the most TD's with gronk getting one or two more than crumpler due to his versatility and the other team not knowing if he is being brought in for blocking or pass catching, as opposed to crumpler who one could expect is being used for blocking. I am really excited about the possibilities on offense and defense. I can't wait till camp. Go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be the leader at Tight End?:
    Bubba you are crazy if you think Crumpler wont be a leader out on that field. Whether he is new to the team or not he has been around the block and will be a leader on this football team for as long as we have him. If you read anything anyone from his former teams have to say about him you will find out he is a natural leader.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

We'll see.....I'll reserve judgement until I see his actual play. I thought (as many other did) that guys like Adalius Thomas was going to be a "leader" too...
    trick me once...shame on you...trick me twice, shame on me :)

Besides...in an article...I read an interview w/ crumpler...he said something like "I'll be a leader by example"....well, we supposedly had "those" kinds of leaders last year. Is that what BB and Brady were harping about this off-season?  I dunno - I'm not on the field or in the  locker room. I don't think we really know the extent or type of leadership problem the Patriots actually have, but I'm sure the insiders know. Clearly, tho...something is missing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be the leader at Tight End? : We'll see.....I'll reserve judgement until I see his actual play. I thought (as many other did) that guys like Adalius Thomas was going to be a "leader" too... trick me once...shame on you...trick me twice, shame on me :) Besides...in an article...I read an interview w/ crumpler...he said something like "I'll be a leader by example"....well, we supposedly had "those" kinds of leaders last year. Is that what BB and Brady were harping about this off-season?  I dunno - I'm not on the field or in the  locker room. I don't think we really know the extent or type of leadership problem the Patriots actually have, but I'm sure the insiders know. Clearly, tho...something is missing.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

You best be careful with that rational type of comment.  It is not welcome here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The guy who learns the playbook and does his job the best should lead the team in offensive numbers.  He will be the one with the most playing time.  Being that all three have a lot to learn, football intelligence counts here.

Yeah, Crumpler is the vet, but Gronkowski might be a very usable target tor TB.  Of course, Hernandez might be consistent the way he is used in games.

Yeah, this is a good question.  Of course, it's all about what happens on the field.  Gotta punt...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

what are you fools smoking?
    Crumpler is a BLOCKING TE and hes a "leader" in that he will help Gronk and PotHeadnandez develop...
    i think Hernandez will have the most receptions since well use him as an H-Back, but Gronk will have more TDs becuase of his red zone threat height

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be the leader at Tight End? : You best be careful with that rational type of comment.  It is not welcome here. 
    Posted by waldorff

LOL...mebbe :)

Sections
Shortcuts