Who will be the surprise cut this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Who will be the surprise cut this year?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to posting - always read and enjoyed the forum so I decided to post.

Who do you think will be the surprise cut this year? Like Fernando Bryant last year?

I am guessing Joey Galloway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Re: Who will be the surprise cut this year?

In Response to Who will be the surprise cut this year?:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everyone, I am new to posting - always read and enjoyed the forum so I decided to post. Who do you think will be the surprise cut this year? Like Fernando Bryant last year? I am guessing Joey Galloway.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

Anything is possible with this team, but I don't see a replacement out there for Galloway...  (a slower Harrison?)... maybe some WR's get cut elsewhere and Bill takes a look at them.  There has to be cuts this year... BenJarvis Green Ellis, Bruschi, Slater. Smith... there's going to be a few, some of their O Line and D Line guys are too valuable and too good to cut.

Welcome to the forum

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

alex smith for sure.

crable. does anybody on here still prefer him to jason taylor?

maybe they ask bruschi to retire (a la troy brown and rodney).

i know a lot of people are picking galloway, but i doubt it based on the fact that there is no one else pushing him for that second outside speed receiver spot. i think nunn could develop into that but not yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Terrence Wheatley??

I doubt he'll get cut this yr since he has shown some promise and was a 2nd round pick but that was one of the worst tackling displays I've ever seen last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Everyone, I am new to posting - always read and enjoyed the forum so I decided to post. Who do you think will be the surprise cut this year? Like Fernando Bryant last year? I am guessing Joey Galloway.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

One if by sea do you play in a capecod ff league?  I think Joey Galloway is a lock to make the team. he just hasn't had anybody as good as Brady throwing to him lately and he has been caught by some fast balls especially against the eagles on the redzone td drop. Although Greg Lewis seems to be somewhat effective. I like the depth in the secondarybut there has to be some cuts. I think Tank Williams, and Mcgowan are gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

It would not surprise me to see Galloway, Brewski, Maroney or Neal to be cut, who knows?? Some tough decisions to be made. BJGE will not be cut, hope he gets the start next week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

It looks like BJGE and Nunn might have to be left off the roster

In Response to Re: Who will be the surprise cut this year?:
    [QUOTE] It would not surprise me to see Galloway, Brewski, Maroney or Neal to be cut, who knows?? Some tough decisions to be made. BJGE will not be cut, hope he gets the start next week.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Anyone who thinks Bruschi will be cut is deluding themselves. Bruschi will finish his contract and retire at the end of the season. My guess would be no one, everyone who gets cut will be a bubble player and everyone that should make the team will make the team thats my guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Bruschi will be cut is deluding themselves. Bruschi will finish his contract and retire at the end of the season. My guess would be no one, everyone who gets cut will be a bubble player and everyone that should make the team will make the team thats my guess.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I am not probably as smart as you guys, but the two positions that most likely a rookie can play are running back and wide reciever (I know Mayo broke that mold last year but he is exceptional). With Aiken and Endelman and Nunn as sleepers, I think Galloway hands are suspect and BB has no problem cutting a veteran he made a mistake on. Speed? Yes, but the whole package? No. Lewis will play special teams - Galloway will not. One dimensional makes it much harder to make the final 53.

Bruschi will never get cut even though he looked really slow last night. This is his last year.

I agree that offensive and defensive lineman are at a premium so they are less likely to be cut. Plus we just traded LeKevin so obvioiusly BB and crew are very comfortable with Brace and Pryor.

Wheatley will be the 5th option, BJGE will still be there, Kaczur is not perfect but if they were going to let him go it would have been after the oxycotin incident.

BB always keeps one FA as matter of principle - work hard and you can make it on the Patriots. This year there has to be one FA on the final 53. Who is that? I am guessing Nunn and Galloway is retiring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I thought Galloway looked good with the first team. He still moves well and can get open he just needs to finish and I think he still has game. I'd like to see one more game out of him with a lot of balls thrown his way.  He's a mature, smart, proven veteran compared to some, busting no coverage CB's and LB's. I'm talking of course of Wheatley and Crable. We won a SB with Earthland..Earthwind..that Moreland guy and he's starting to look like Ty Law compared to Wheatley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from josepr. Show josepr's posts

BenJarvus seems to be playing better than Morris AND Marroney. I think the only reason Maroney is still on the team is because the team doesnt want it to seem like a complete bust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]BenJarvus seems to be playing better than Morris AND Marroney. I think the only reason Maroney is still on the team is because the team doesnt want it to seem like a complete bust.
    Posted by josepr[/QUOTE] Martoney average per carry was 1.3 yds last I checked, BJGE was 4.4. He has some geat shake and bake for a big back and has a knack of finding the space to run. What about Taylor #41??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TasheoBukkake. Show TasheoBukkake's posts

Watson is bad and A Smith is worse.   Light is a stiff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayfaith. Show Fenwayfaith's posts

Watson or Alex Smith simply because Baker catches well, Thomas blocks well, and the other of those two will compliment the other.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayfaith. Show Fenwayfaith's posts

BJGE would not be a surprise.  He won't get cut anyway.  BB has already gone on record as saying 5 RB's is what he likes.  It worked great last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Anybody who thinks Maroney will get cut has no understanding  of business. I like what"The Lawfirm brings as a change of pace and maybe has a future in the league but is best served as a backup to the back up.

Why do you think Baker catches well because the defense basically left him by himself while they were doubling Moss and paying close attention to Galloway as Brady put it in his chest cavity. ( Dont get me wrong I like the pick up but lets take it easy)

Fantasy Baron i agree that Galloway looks good and is BRAND NEW to the offense. He is one of those guys who ages well( Marvin harrison Roman Phifer) Besides if they cut galloway and Lewis plays special teams who starts at wide out across from Moss in 3 receiver sets?

Last but not least I've come to realize that people say some stupid sht on these forums and it wastes the time of fans who want to carry on intelligent dialogue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Radionowhere228. Show Radionowhere228's posts

I wouldn't be all that upset, or suprised, for that matter if Sammy Morris, Greg Lewis, and Sam Aiken get cut before the season opener. I understand that BB has this love affair for veteran players, especially those who have been know to play well against the pats (i.e welker, morris, lewis)... but morris has yet to play a full season with us and is in my opinion too injury prone, beside BJGE has shown that he can be just as if not more productive as morris

The as far a Greg Lewis is concerned, i am not all that impressed with him... so unless he shows that he can be a valuable asset on special teams i say cut him to make room for younger guys, 'cuz if you haven't noticed we need some youth in our recieving corp, and in that case Terrence Nunns' name comes to mind as a young talented player that should make the roster

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Bruski. Nice run but he's done. He won't be flat out cut, but will be "asked" to retire. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]It looks like BJGE and Nunn might have to be left off the roster In Response to Re: Who will be the surprise cut this year? :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
      Certainly you geste!!  Why would you keep Maroney over BJGE or Galloway-Lewis over T. Nunn?  BJGE, Nunn have shown me more, they're younger with quicker reflexes.  BJGE (4.4 avg yds per carry) runs lower than Maroney (1.3 yards per carry), with better vision and ability at reading the blocking. When there is no blocking he's more apt to change direction and make something happen as he has proven time and again, whereas Maroney will run  the assigned play but when there is no opening he begins his dance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

alex smith is going to get somone killed! who is Love? Will he make the team?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will be the surprise cut this year? :   Certainly you geste!!  Why would you keep Maroney over BJGE or Galloway-Lewis over T. Nunn?  BJGE, Nunn have shown me more, they're younger with quicker reflexes.  BJGE (4.4 avg yds per carry) runs lower than Maroney (1.3 yards per carry), with better vision and ability at reading the blocking. When there is no blocking he's more apt to change direction and make something happen as he has proven time and again, whereas Maroney will run  the assigned play but when there is no opening he begins his dance.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

You're fooling yourself if you think that BJGE makes this team over Maroney.  Maroney is in a completely different class.  BJGE runs hard and has a place in the NFL, but so does Patrick Cobb.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Galloway and Ben-Jarvis Green. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]Galloway and Ben-Jarvis Green. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

Reiss' "Projecting the 53" has Alex Smith (after missing that block) and O'Callahan as being dropped. Reiss was wrong about Bryant last year and I think BB will have another surprise. Before that Woods made the team. Every year it is one FA. This year Reiss does not project a FA. If the Patriots cut all of the FAs, how do they entice anyone to try next year? If you want to have good competition in training camp and think competition is important, than you have to have a good FA class every year. I read that this Patriot's team is the oldest in the NFL, and you can never underestimate fresh legs and high energy. BB likes veterans, but usually in a supportive part-time role because they do not make mistakes. I agree that BB likes an extra running back because running backs are so often beat up, so BJGE makes the team (plus you have to like his effort).

But I think there will be a surprise cut. Not sure who it is but the team has to stay young and BB always tries to carry young guys to teach and to have fresh legs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Remember Keenan McCardell? BB loved that guy. FA that just hung around and got better - not that athletic but had great hands. Nunn is more athletic and has great hands. Nunn will be around for awhile - history proves it. Maybe Nunn goes to the practice squad like Reiss says, but maybe not. It is always easy to pick the veterans - BB does not always make the easy choice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Alex Smith (not a good trade for BB)
    Crable (unless he is showing something big at preactice)

We keep 5 rb's. The law firm is a lock.

Nunn will be on the practice squad.

Joey G will make an impact (30 catches and 4 TD'S)

Greg L will be a great pick up - Brady and the fans will love this guys big plays and heart.

Sections
Shortcuts