Who will fill Seymour's shoes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Who will fill Seymour's shoes?

Will the Pats line-up Ron Brace alongside Wilfork? or do they have something else in mind?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Re: Who will fill Seymour's shoes?

In Response to Who will fill Seymour's shoes?:
    Will the Pats line-up Ron Brace alongside Wilfork? or do they have something else in mind?
    Posted by viewer222

3 man front do they play Green or Wright or Burgess on the end? Is the 3-4 gone? Who is the defensive end? Don't you usually have a rookie defensive end before trading away your guy? Does that mean Brace or Prior are now an defensive end?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

they didnt bring in burgess to play tidily winks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In Response to Re: Who will fill Seymour's shoes?:
    In Response to Who will fill Seymour's shoes? : 3 man front do they play Green or Wright or Burgess on the end? Is the 3-4 gone? Who is the defensive end? Don't you usually have a rookie defensive end before trading away your guy? Does that mean Brace or Prior are now an defensive end?
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea
    It looks like the Pats will be going 4-3. Besides Burgess and brace , pryor must be impressing them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

they will rotate Jarvis Green and Ron Brace , I bet

and I think that will be just as effective at stopping the run and putting pressure on the pass

I agree with you on Pryor !

He is going to be great!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

WOW!!!! Even if it is "only" a 2011 first round pick they now have more firepower than ever in the upcoming draft. Seymour was in his contract year and will be a free agent after the season, so i would call this a good trade. Although it might hurt them in the short term. Time to bring in some pass rushing LBs an sign Wilfork to a long term deal. Maybe they are trying to unretire Kevin Carter. Wasn´t he they guy try had in for a workout and who retired?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Looks like it will be a 4 man line:

Wilfork, Warren at DT, with Brace rotating in.

Green, Burgess at DE, with Banta-Cain, Wright, Pryor rotating in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

They must be impressed with the ability of Brace, Pryror and Green to fill his shoes. I also think Mike Wright is gna be good this year, he's always around the QB when hes  on the field!

I am still utterly stunned that they traded an integral part of our defense. Its a risk by the patriots but they could end up getting a top ten pick!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Who will fill Seymour's shoes?:
    They must be impressed with the ability of Brace, Pryror and Green to fill his shoes. I also think Mike Wright is gna be good this year, he's always around the QB when hes  on the field! I am still utterly stunned that they traded an integral part of our defense. Its a risk by the patriots but they could end up getting a top ten pick!
    Posted by mattadlard

I do not think that Brace, Pryor or Green are going to face a double team and be successful. So that just means the double team shifts over and hurts somewhere else. There must be another shoe to drop like Kevin Carter. That is the only explanation. Kevin Carter and a 1st rounder for Seymour? It will be a long season if Brace, Pryor and Green fill Sey's shoes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nc4pats. Show nc4pats's posts

Watch out for Kevin Carter.  BB had him in and the Pats were one of the teams trying to persuade him to come out of retirement.  He'll fill a serviceable void and don't expect to see much of a drop off either.  Football is a business and this move makes sense from all aspects (upcoming CBA expiration and potential 2011 season in jeopardy).  If the '11 season is in jeopardy that the Raiders 1st round remains the same order as '10 which would be better for the Pats and there is a chance that there would be a cap on the rookies for the '11 draft.  All around let's give it some time and see what happens with Kevin Carter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Wright and Green will fill the void when playing the 3-4. Wright just signed a decent sized deal for 3 years so they think enough of him to give him a shot. I see Burgess stepping up in the 4-3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If Kevin Carter is the answer to Richard Seymour then we are in deep sh*t . Clearly we like the players we have or have a trade in the works. Another trade being the answer only makes since if it is a player who does not have the kind of salary which Seymour has, and if that is the case that player will probably not fill Sey's shoes either. Again we must like Fork, Ty, Wright,Pryor inside with Burgess,Green,TBC,Woods playing the ends.

Make no mistake about it this is a great business move for the future but does not help us this year! Last I checked Brady isn't getting any younger!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

No reason to make trades or to pick up Carter. I mean if they pick up carter great he may be useful in certain situations but this dline is extremely deep , one of the best in the nfl and Pryor/Wright/Green/Brace will all help to replace seymours production.

No sweat. This move was genius

Sections
Shortcuts